• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why do we give videogames UK charts so much universal importance and what do you think of it?

What do you think about UK charts being taken almost like universal info around the gaming industry?

• I think is slated/biased info and I don't know why we give such importance to it

Votes: 16 37.2%
  • I think this info can be extrapolated to the rest of the world markets more or less the same

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • For some reason I thought they were Worldwide stats?

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • YES! LET'S GO UK, WE ARE THE CENTER OF THE WORLD AND NONE OTHER MATTERS!

Votes: 17 39.5%
  • If my preferred game is winning I'll make a shoutout to UK charts no matter how biased the info is!

Votes: 6 14.0%

• Total voters

Hardensoul

I love them, it’s like posting this:
goodfellas GIF

But seriously any region that provides sales data is fine as long as it’s accurate.

Warriors will spin anything so context is important
Love the the movie this gif was from, it's aged very well and still great watch now.

Ivan

UK gaming scene was always very interesting to me as there are many similarities with south-eastern Europe in terms of platform popularity over the years.

I'd like to ask (UK gaf mostly) what was most popular gaming system after glory Amiga days (and microcomputers in general)?

SNES and Mega drive logical choice after that for many, but I wonder what was THE gaming system after Amiga? I hear PS1 was the favorite for many after that period.

Did everyone go to mega drive and snes, and ps1 after or (as computer users) they went to pc mostly?

I'm talking about 1994-2000. era for example.

Last edited:
IMO, UK is an important "battleground area" for console wars. In particular Xbox really can't afford to lose UK to Playstation as badly as they already did the rest of Europe.

Last gen, Xbox had USA and UK. But if they lose UK this gen then it is going to get ugly.

Top Bottom