• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why do you think Sony did not provide review copies of the PC version of TLOU Part 1?

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
im surprised Sony would ship this out with these kind of performance.

Gamerguy84

Exactly, it's not like they needed to recoup some money back it's just a port to them. The game already made them a lot of money.

Who Is responsible for what gets released on PC?

This is a bit baffling.

Ansphn

Because it was rushed. PC base don't buy games and instead pirate it. That's why a single player narrative games rarely sell well on PC. Only multiplayer games have extensive success. So I don't blame ND when they can be focusing on making they next game.

Last edited:
I think the bigger question is why Sony/ND allowed the release of arguably their most valued IP to get botched this bad.

And why didn't they let Nixxess, the studio *MADE* for quality conversions, handle this.
Naughty Dog developed the PC version themselves, it's not like they handed it to somebody else. It makes sense that Nixxes is likely working on other games. Naughty Dog will continue to develop PC games so I expect them to learn the ropes and get better with time.

As for why did Sony release the game? Others have covered pretty much every theory, I go with basic but usually dead on theory: money.

Last edited:

aries_71

Yes and their standards is this:

960x0.jpg
No Craig-like six month long meme spell for this?

Last edited:

ClosBSAS

But it sounds counter-productive? Naughty Dog is one of the most admired and respected developers in the industry. There was really no reason to rush it out the door. They even delayed it by 3 weeks from its initial release date to polish and then this? This is just bizarre. Tarnishing your reputation and blowing up in the gaming community for all the wrong reasons seems like a horrible trade-off to sneak in a few pre-orders that would result in at most a couple of millions of dollars.

They have lost a lot of goodwill and need to redeem themselves now.
Sorry, as a PC gamer...me...what goodwill did they lose? To Sony gamers they didn't lose shit, they are still good ol naughty dog. To PC gamers? They never existed. And after the uncharted PC fiasco, it was to be expected. They don't care about PC market and it's obvious

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
So you are saying they gave it a half effort and called it good.

No, what I'm saying is that they likely demanded they stick to date in order to ride the wave of interest following the HBO show. Knowing that even if the PC version would need patching post-release, it was better for them to have something rather than nothing, ESPECIALLY given that its far from the only way to play the game and the one with the heaviest hardware reqs and therefore smallest potential market.

Last edited:

Gaiff

Sorry, as a PC gamer...me...what goodwill did they lose? To Sony gamers they didn't lose shit, they are still good ol naughty dog. To PC gamers? They never existed. And after the uncharted PC fiasco, it was to be expected. They don't care about PC market and it's obvious
I think we're all aware of their reputation. I personally never cared for their games outside of Uncharted 2, but I did rank them highly solely based on their technical prowess and polish of their games. Now, I'll be wary of their releases on PC at least. This is definitely a stain on their track record. Not a big one that they won't recover from but a blemish nonetheless.

hopefully this is the last pc port for a while
It's not. This was Sony being dumb to push it out before people forgot the HBO series. Sony will absolutely continue to put its games on PC. Not only that, the time between them is probably going to shrink. They saw how big Spider-Man and GoW were on Steam. LoU will probably sell well regardless of problems as well. ANd they will get fixed. PC is a fact of life for first party now, there really isn't a good reason to leave that money on the table.

Some like GaaS may have to come day 1. You can't ignore the PC community if you want a GaaS to survive.

Its about VRAM. Not speed of the card.
That Vram is high for the same reason the rest of the card is high performance. The quality(GDDR6X), speed(around 1TB per second of bandwidth) and capacity(24GB) are all really expensive compared to chucking sub 16GB of standard GDDR6 memory on a card.

Kataploom

Gold Member
The port is too good for humanity to deserve, people wouldn't believe the technical marvel of Naughty Gods until they see it themselves, there's clearly no other reason

Last edited:
Top Bottom