Why does everyone hates Donald Trump?

Sep 1, 2017
Why the fuck do people keep bringing up the popular vote like it means anything? Both sides knew the rules and campaigned accordingly. It’s like agreeing to play a game of soccer then complaining that your touchdowns didn’t count. Besides, if you take out California, Hillary loses the popular vote by a landslide. It’s the United States of America, not the United People of America. I’m not even American and I understand this.

Dec 3, 2018
I wonder if this is the credo that Trump is working to. :unsure:
It absolutely is. And it works too. As of this post, I have 3 likes for ever 2 posts, and the vast, vast majority of my posts are disrespectful ramblings and embarrassing dad jokes. And yet, if there were a NeoGAF election, I feel pretty confident that you'd elect me as your leader for three reason:

1) Nobody likes a person with a stick up their ass. I have a stick, but it is blissfully separate from my rectum. People who take things seriously are boring and suspicious. This gets me the vote of all those people who don't give a shit. I'll never win the whole shit vote and I think I can break even on the half a shit vote, but there's a lot more no shit votes out there for the taking.

2) People will actually read what I write because they are expecting something too god awful for words, and I am all too happy to oblige. I would get the ironic detachment vote easily. Some people want to watch the world burn and I am the instrument of their bemusement.

3) I know that voters really only vote around one or two primary issues, and I have been carefully cultivating a following around NeoGAFs two primary issue: the game industry is getting kind of shitty and transgender people can be real douches sometimes.

I'm just as bad as everybody else. Worse even. But in this age of social media where likes equals exposure, my ability to generate a higher like per post ratio exposes me to the most people possible. Even if people don't like what they see when I expose myself to them, they'll still look. And, let's be honest, be a little impressed.

Dec 3, 2018
Why the fuck do people keep bringing up the popular vote like it means anything? Both sides knew the rules and campaigned accordingly. It’s like agreeing to play a game of soccer then complaining that your touchdowns didn’t count. Besides, if you take out California, Hillary loses the popular vote by a landslide. It’s the United States of America, not the United People of America. I’m not even American and I understand this.
If you aren't American, then why do you call it soccer? Checkmate, mother fucker.

JordanN

Apr 21, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
Even more important, did Hillary ever win the majority of rural voters?

For example, look at New York's results in the 2016 election, and despite Trump winning more counties, New York City alone pretty much handed Hillary the vote.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_United_States_presidential_election_in_New_York

Coincidentally, if you also look at the Democratic primaries, it was the same story. Bernie got nearly all the rural voters. Hillary only won because of New York City again.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2013
England
Could it be because he's regularly insulting large parts of the population?
Could it be because he's a proven pathological liar regardless of the topic?
Could it be because he pretends to work hard while spending a significant part of his awake time watching TV, playing golf and shitposting on twitter?
Could it be because he's embarrassing the US internationally with his constant buffoonery, shitting on allies while cozying up to autocracies?
Could it be because he's got a track record of surrounding himself with corrupt crooks and yes-men, reflecting on his own personality and leadership?
Could it be because he's completely poisoned the political climate and the relationship with the press?
Could it be because he's pulling the old con of pretending to be for working class americans while doing the opposite, on top of enriching himself with taxpayer money?
Could it be because he's politically supporting the destruction of the environment and the removal of people's rights?
Could it be because he's a cheater (to his wife), self-admitted sexual harrasser, worryingly attracted to his own daughter and generally a vile human being?
Could it be because he's a fickle, hypocritical egomaniac who thinks too highly of himself, as shown by numerous accounts of people who interacted with him throughout his life and his tendency to quickly claim glory while deflecting blame depending on how the markets and international politics swing?

I dunno OP, you tell me.

Also, pre-emptive disclaimer: If you want to deflect that some other politician does some of these things too, that's a reason to dislike that other politician, not a reason to stop disliking Trump.
Yeah, but apart from all that stuff that would lead you to believe a person was a shitty human being if their name wasn’t Donald Trump, what’s wrong with Donald Trump?

Zaru

Oct 2, 2012
Even more important, did Hillary ever win the majority of rural voters?

For example, look at New York's results in the 2016 election, and despite Trump winning more counties, New York City alone pretty much handed Hillary the vote.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_United_States_presidential_election_in_New_York

Coincidentally, if you also look at the Democratic primaries, it was the same story. Bernie got nearly all the rural voters. Hillary only won because of New York City again.

Why is that "more important"
Rural areas with low population density and states with smaller populations already generally have oversized influence on politics in the USA due to how the system is set up, so why are you ADDITIONALLY upset that an artificially carved up state's total population voted differently than its arbitrary "count of counties"?

May 17, 2018
He represents the worst in us, what we despise about ourselves. He represents the people that do wrong and get away with it. We can't get every person like him but if we take him down it will be a message to the other waste of life pieces of filth. Stop what you are doing or we will take you down too.

Dec 15, 2011
He represents the worst in us, what we despise about ourselves. He represents the people that do wrong and get away with it. We can't get every person like him but if we take him down it will be a message to the other waste of life pieces of filth. Stop what you are doing or we will take you down too.
"He represents the worst in us.."
"If we can take him down.."

How did he get into office?
Was it all Russian bots, nanomachines and the La li lu le lo?

Its quite something to complain at what you see in the mirror whilst denying what it's reflecting.
If you can't reconcile these things then this bold talk of "taking down" is straight from a saturday-morning cartoon.

Last edited:

Bryank75

Gold Member
Jan 12, 2018
Ireland
Most people don't really consider anything far beyond surface level, are highly tribalized when it comes to politics and the media, who are controlled by globalists generate and perpetuate hatred for him.
Globalists see him as a road block in their way, just look at how the global payment network has conspired to stop people like Milo and Carl Benjamin from receiving money through all patreon like platforms. Liberals used to have some smart, key people that popularized great ideas and stimulate thought but it has been perverted by special interest groups, money and progressive politics to be a distraction to the destruction of the foundations of society.

Already corporations have taken control of speach, under the guise of 'hate speach' , almost all conservative opinions are now bannable, mass immigration cannot be criticised in Europe. More and more power is being ceased day by day... Open borders is just about cheap labour, they don't care about these people at all...

There's a lot more to it, but that's a general idea.

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
Jan 1, 2017
East Tennessee, USA
I don't have any hatred for the man, but honestly...I just wish he would experience a spiritual change of heart and gain compassion for other people in the world rather than just himself.

He was raised a narcissist of the highest order...and I am completely in awe at the delusions of anyone who could somehow view him as some paramount example of a 'good Christian man.' He's sadly about as far away from the teachings of Jesus as one can get.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2012
I'm sorry. I am trying to set you up for a Norwegians are suicidal joke, but you are taking me way too seriously. It's not fun anymore.

You haven't killed yourself yet.
I know we've all moved on but this was a really fun attempt at humor on your part considering that the Noweigian suicide rate is lower then that in the States.

Great meta satire of misplaced reactionairy snark. 10/10

Apr 3, 2018
So if you want to be the moral arbiter Trump about how he treats his family then what do you think about African American males historically?
So your counter to my addendum about Trump's behaviour towards his wife, is to post an article about the supposed reasons for the break down of the black family? You are comparing apples to oranges. Actually, to imply they are both fruits is disingenuous. You are comparing apples to sushi. They are completely different.

If you are actually interested in honest engagement, then you would've compared Trump to his predecessor, Obama.

May 9, 2016
I have a partial theory on why Trump is so hated, which is based around the following points. Note that Trump was a popular celebrity (among the left and right), and even a figure who was admired in hip hop as a symbol of wealth and power before he ran for office.
  1. The Democratic party, unable to handle the possibility of losing to Trump, and then actually losing to him, chose the "nuclear option" and pulled out all the stops to resist him. This meant turning Americans against one another in a manipulative and calculated way (the obvious weaponization of social justice and identity politics - an easy and cheap way to attack Trump's major campaign strategies).
    1. As a sub-point: When the grab 'em by the pussy video failed to stop him from getting elected - guess what, we'll create #MeToo. Have fun with that. Maybe next time you bastards will elect a woman if she deigns to run.
  2. People thought Hillary was a shoe-in candidate, and couldn't accept the fact that she lost. But she didn't lose to just anyone, she lost to someone whose campaign platform was both antithetical to the main strengths of her popular appeal and could easily be labeled as a sexist, racist, and misogynist. Keep in mind, Hillary's main appeal to a majority of voters was the fact that she would have been the first woman president - which would have provided enormous validation to the ideas of feminism, combating misogynistic ideas, and in a most basic sense the idea that the weak can triumph over the strong. People didn't openly weep on national TV because their candidate lost - they openly wept on national TV because in their minds, these ideas had been trampled on.

Last edited:

Trey

Mar 3, 2010
I was so tired of the establishment elites from both parties working like good cop bad cop. Donald Trump just doesn’t care. He will be remembered forever.
On the contrary, he cares quite a bit. It is simply that he's not well suited to do anything but fall forward and pretend he meant to do so.

Jan 12, 2009
So if you want to be the moral arbiter Trump about how he treats his family then what do you think about African American males historically?
This website is intentionally dedicated as a right-wing, as sponsored by a right-wing lobbyist/think tank.

You're gonna have to do better than that, like pull studies from sources who do actual research rather than spin and mislead on information because liberals make a topic out of it.

Bryank75

Gold Member
Jan 12, 2018
Ireland
I don't have any hatred for the man, but honestly...I just wish he would experience a spiritual change of heart and gain compassion for other people in the world rather than just himself.

He was raised a narcissist of the highest order...and I am completely in awe at the delusions of anyone who could somehow view him as some paramount example of a 'good Christian man.' He's sadly about as far away from the teachings of Jesus as one can get.
I think he was just a pragmatic choice by people that we're tired of the status quo. I understand and appreciate your sentiment though.

Also this...

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2018
I don't want to seem like I'm ignorant, but each time I check Trump's twitter, there are a lot of comments, and all of them always have a lot of retweets and likes. However, each time I check the comments, the first comments that I always see is a lot of sarcasm and perhaps a little insulting. This is why I wanted to ask this of you as I don't get it myself.

Why does everyone hate Donald Trump?
Well, not everyone hates him. The dude did manage to get 60+ million people to vote for him.
Obviously he's had other moments of popularity as a celebrity in the past.

On the other side there are always tons of people who hate politicians. No matter who the politician is, there will be many on both sides who hate them for various reasons.

Personally, I dislike Trump because he has made a mockery of politics and his general manner just makes me cringe. I don't like his policies (I am not American though so it doesn't really affect me) but that's irrelevant. I really REALLY don't like his tweets and they fucking stupid shit he says. Just do your job mate.

I am concerned that other people in other nations will look to Trump as a possible case-study in how a pretty clueless celeb can take power if they play the politics game well. Like this abrasive, troll-like, persona is a vote winner because it makes the established politicians that everyone already hates look like utter clowns. Fucksakes, people were seriously talking about Oprah for president just cause she gave a good speech at some shitty awards party. The Rock should run in 2020? I guess, these people haven't learned a goddamn thing.

I don't think it helps at all that he's such a massive and obvious target that every unfunny asshole with an opinion is suddenly fucking hilarious because they drop some anti-Trump comment into everything they do. It's SO tiresome at this point. They should have been taking him seriously from day one when he announced he was running but instead they are STILL making the whole thing seem like a bit of a laugh 2 years later. Sick of hearing about his hair or his small hands or his mushroom cock. Shut the fuck up about that and start taking things seriously.

There's too much hyperbole surrounding him. So much so that you aren't even sure if you can trust criticism of Trump to be "true" or accurate and not just some hysterical rambling. This is a major problem.

Trump has basically dragged American, and sometimes the whole worlds, politics to his level and is now absolutely winning on experience alone. He understands his brand and he understands how to use it. I can respect that but I absolutely do not like it.

The only positive I can really take away is that it was fun to watch idiots go into absolute meltdown when he won. That's it. It was hilarious watching him absolutely rinse the entire line up of Republican candidates. It was funny watching him beat the unbelievable arrogant Democrats.

At the end of the day this guy should NEVER be in charge of an entire country but I have to say some responsibility lies with these career politicians who were unable to stop him.

catfish

I have a foreskin yet I do not have AIDS
Jun 9, 2004
Amsterdam
Putting all politics aside, he’s a dumb loudmouth reality tv show cunt.

If anyone American wants to know what the European ‘Americans are loud and stupid’ stereotype is reinforced by, just look at Donald Trump, he is literally the embodiment of that. A large socially incompetent overly rich brat.

Fuck him and everything about him and anyone that wears his goofy as fuck ‘maga hat’. Anyone that identifies that strongly with the guy as to wear that shit hat is a halfwit.

May 10, 2009

I don't agree with this or at least I don't see evidence that he's less compassionate than the average American. But his message since before he got elected was 'America first' which might turn people off.

May 10, 2009
Putting all politics aside, he’s a dumb loudmouth reality tv show cunt.

If anyone American wants to know what the European ‘Americans are loud and stupid’ stereotype is reinforced by, just look at Donald Trump, he is literally the embodiment of that. A large socially incompetent overly rich brat.

Fuck him and everything about him and anyone that wears his goofy as fuck ‘maga hat’. Anyone that identifies that strongly with the guy as to wear that shit hat is a halfwit.
Jesus. I can't imagine having so much passion for a man I never met, one way or the other.

You mean slavery? Let me save you some time whatever blame you are going to put on blacks males can be traced back their treatment in slavery.
Watershed moment when they freed the slaves in 1999.

Last edited:

catfish

I have a foreskin yet I do not have AIDS
Jun 9, 2004
Amsterdam
Jesus. I can't imagine having so much passion for a man I never met, one way or Another.
That wasn’t said with passion, it’s a first impression and a lasting one.

Having to pervasively hear about the guy even when not American does tend to grate in my nerves though.

Apr 8, 2006
Toronto
Read his twitter. Watch his presidential conferences.

It's not that hard to understand.

I'm not even sure he actually wanted to be president as much as he wanted to stick it to Obama.

Even if you're for heightened border control you don't want this guy in charge of implementation.

May 10, 2009
Read his twitter. Watch his presidential conferences.

It's not that hard to understand.

I'm not even sure he actually wanted to be president as much as he wanted to stick it to Obama.

Even if you're for heightened border control you don't want this guy in charge of implementation.
Border control wasn't even an issue till he brought it up.

May 29, 2017
The very vocal and loud left and media hate him, past presidents have been hated just as much but the opposition never carried on so constantly after they lost in the past as has happened in this election. The majority of my friends in CA & NV who I visit yearly voted for him and support him even in losing electorates, they never show this support publicly because of the lynching people face in these areas for flying against the norm.

For the better fact of the next few years he is still the president nothing will ever change that and its time to get on with it, the us vs them mentality that's been instilled by the media is far more damaging for generations to the country and its progress in growing and moving forward.

Nov 12, 2009
I think it is ok to not like anyone for any reason. In fact, I personally believe you can hate anyone without a real reason. It is just when you start imposing those beliefs on others. Sure make a case but don't go crazy especially if others dont agree with you. The guy has made some interesting moves but he is one of those guys that if he does something good, it does not matter(to those that hate him as he can do no good). We just live in a day and age where everyone can share their opinion and make the smallest of voices heard.

For crying out loud, people think anime was a good idea. It was a mistake.

Jan 14, 2015
Connecticut
Angry, mindless rant incoming.

He's a miserable sack of shit and piss whose has earned nothing in life and has gotten everything he's wanted short of a fucking football team. When I have kids they have the displeasure of having to learn about Trump in history class, god forbid they choose him as a subject.
He cares nothing for anyone and cons people into believing he does with the most minimalistic New York rat-faced BS. A fucking grade A idiot who cant accept that he's not smart enough to understand how an ecosystem works but can verify there's no global warming because it snowed. He sits his fat ass on the couch and calls TV shows and turns up the volume so he can hear himself on television.
My loathing for the rat comes before 2015, before Obama, before my understanding of politics when his claim to fame was fucking garbage reality TV show. I fucking hate reality TV shows ever since Survivor aired and that type of television is all my mother and sister watched anymore. He had a fucking sleazy rat voice and asshole-ish nature. My dislike of Trump accelerated as time moved on and he became more senile and mentally declined and turned from an obnoxious rat to an annoying ass uncle you wish would just stop showing up at family gatherings between calling TV and Radio shows just to shoot off his mouth in an attempt to sound like he knew what he was talking about. Then the piece of garbage runs for president, in a fucking publicity stunt, and manages to technically win by exposing the right's most disgusting characteristics that I feel they'll never recover from. Say all you want about the left, I criticize it to death myself in my personal time, but the right has fallen further and faster than the left could ever hope to, and there's nothing you can say to change that. His very life in a cancer on society, I honestly don't know who to blame more, Fred Trump for deciding not to cheat on his wife that faithful day or for Mary Anne not getting the world's most much needed abortion.
Laugh and troll me to the pits of hell for saying this, but I'll never find true happiness until he's either in prison for the remainder of his worthless life or he's gone from this world.

Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
A lot more people like Trump than you'd be led to believe. The reasons are different, but it's clear that a lot of people really, really like Trump.

Mainstream media, establishment politicians, and corporations all love Trump, no matter what they say to the public. They love him because he is a good distraction. Blame all problems on SCARY TRUMP. Ignore the issues which led your constituents to vote for him in the first place. Downplay their needs as "isolated incidents".

Trump has demonstrated to all that there is an upper limit to the speed at which you can accurately report the news in a Capitalist society. We currently live in an age where news on Trump -- whether it has been vetted or not -- is simply too profitable not to spit out a hot take. That is why news orgs have held so many Ls.

This isn't a commentary on how "upstanding" Trump is, or a claim that everything he says is truthful. That's besides the point.

Trump is a fat, corpulent mirror. By his very character (which many find to be despicable), he exposes people in the media, in the Democratic party, and in the Republican party who are just like him.

These politicians and corporate newscasters (who make millions a year. You think they have any clue what "oppression" means? What an impoverished immigrant actually feels?) are huge narcissists, just like Trump. And these upper echelons of the ruling class are having a narcissistic hissy fit. It is quite literally millionaires yelling at millionaires yelling at other millionaires that they don't care as much about the poor as we do. It's glorious to watch, gloriously stupid.

Trump is a gift. He is a huge wakeup call.

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
Angry, mindless rant incoming.

He's a miserable sack of shit and piss whose has earned nothing in life and has gotten everything he's wanted short of a fucking football team. When I have kids they have the displeasure of having to learn about Trump in history class, god forbid they choose him as a subject.
He cares nothing for anyone and cons people into believing he does with the most minimalistic New York rat-faced BS. A fucking grade A idiot who cant accept that he's not smart enough to understand how an ecosystem works but can verify there's no global warming because it snowed. He sits his fat ass on the couch and calls TV shows and turns up the volume so he can hear himself on television.
My loathing for the rat comes before 2015, before Obama, before my understanding of politics when his claim to fame was fucking garbage reality TV show. I fucking hate reality TV shows ever since Survivor aired and that type of television is all my mother and sister watched anymore. He had a fucking sleazy rat voice and asshole-ish nature. My dislike of Trump accelerated as time moved on and he became more senile and mentally declined and turned from an obnoxious rat to an annoying ass uncle you wish would just stop showing up at family gatherings between calling TV and Radio shows just to shoot off his mouth in an attempt to sound like he knew what he was talking about. Then the piece of garbage runs for president, in a fucking publicity stunt, and manages to technically win by exposing the right's most disgusting characteristics that I feel they'll never recover from. Say all you want about the left, I criticize it to death myself in my personal time, but the right has fallen further and faster than the left could ever hope to, and there's nothing you can say to change that. His very life in a cancer on society, I honestly don't know who to blame more, Fred Trump for deciding not to cheat on his wife that faithful day or for Mary Anne not getting the world's most much needed abortion.
Laugh and troll me to the pits of hell for saying this, but I'll never find true happiness until he's either in prison for the remainder of his worthless life or he's gone from this world.
Angry and mindless, you say?

@Redneckerz @Ivellios this is what I mean by mocking being a necessary social mechanism, otherwise people like this carry on these behaviours unchecked and end up in a radicalization spiral. Unfortunately, many people are too far down that path already so the mocking is fruitless.

Mar 26, 2015
Brazil

@Redneckerz @Ivellios this is what I mean by mocking being a necessary social mechanism, otherwise people like this carry on these behaviours unchecked and end up in a radicalization spiral. Unfortunately, many people are too far down that path already so the mocking is fruitless.
Making personal offenses and ridicule against anyone wont make them change their view, quite the contrary in fact.

You can just leave think like that or say that such extremes are dangerous.

Just an example, as im not from America but i dont like Trump either but not on this level

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Jun 25, 2018
Unknown Body, Proxima Centauri, 4th O.B.

Mocking/criticizing/satirizing is something different than directly insulting someone or accusing.

Your above picture, by reference, is mocking. If you would call the user you are citing a loser and a virgin, than you are insulting.

@Ivellios i reckon we are on the same wavelength here?

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2018
So your counter to my addendum about Trump's behaviour towards his wife, is to post an article about the supposed reasons for the break down of the black family? You are comparing apples to oranges. Actually, to imply they are both fruits is disingenuous. You are comparing apples to sushi. They are completely different.

If you are actually interested in honest engagement, then you would've compared Trump to his predecessor, Obama.
I am actually interested in how consistent you are in your application of your moral compass.

The why [broken homes] happen isn’t my real concern here. Your moral policing and it’s consistency is especially since you injected it into the conversation.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2018
Mocking/criticizing/satirizing is something different than directly insulting someone or accusing.

Your above picture, by reference, is mocking. If you would call the user you are citing a loser and a virgin, than you are insulting.
Well, mocking is making fun of something, while insulting is causing offense. Mocking can cause offense, therefore mocking can be an insult. Some of the most effective and hilarious satire is also the most offensively insulting (Jonathan Swift springs to mind). However, mocking has the extra accomplishment of being funny, or at the very least amusing, while flat out insulting someone is just being cruel. So you can not say that the two offenses are equal in effect. It is easier to forgive a good joke at someone's expense than it is to forgive a good insult. For instance, I am currently mocking this distinction by treating it with seriousness and studiousness in order to draw attention the absurdity of taking this distinction at anything other than face value. I'm not doing this to make a point or cause offense, but merely because I am bored and if I don't occupy my fingers sufficiently enough they tend to roam down to my nether regions for a bit of good sport - nothing wrong with that in moderation, but it is generally best to limit the wanderings of errant fingers, such as they go, or else it does chafe something fierce precisely in the place where it would be least appreciated. Now, having said what I had to say on this matter, I do bid thee good day, sir.

Apr 3, 2018
I am actually interested in how consistent you are in your application of your moral compass.

The why [broken homes] happen isn’t my real concern here. Your moral policing and it’s consistency is especially since you injected it into the conversation.
You want to test my moral consistency? So give me an example of an individual, not group, to who I could apply it to. Like I said, if you were being honest, you would've chosen Obama (since you're trying so hard to bring skin colour into this).

Let's put this way, a man, who has unprotected sex with a porn star, raw dog style, whilst his wife is pregnant with their child, is not an exemplar of high moral/ethical standards, especially if he is to be elected to the highest office in the country. This individual not only makes a mockery of the "sacred vows/family values" the right wing is constantly screaming about, but also has no concern about passing potential diseases to his wife, which could do permanent damage to her and be potentially fatal to the unborn fetus.

But I can see why you might be a fan ;-)