Why does the main character from Control look less feminine than the concept art?

Feb 7, 2018
I mean just look at this shit....

Am i taking crazy pills or does she really looks like a man?

Also i don't remember her looking like that in the promotional material of the game as she clearly had more feminine features

I mean the real actress behind this game model is a beautiful woman so what happened?

It's very distracting in cutscenes because she keeps reminding me of Col. Hans Landa from Inglourious Basterds, so i feel like i'm controlling a Nazi:messenger_persevering:

Husky

Aug 13, 2017
The Bowery, Exodus
that... is jarring. I did hear from an Escapist review that face models were a bit iffy. Man, I love this developer, but something about this game's seemed off. How good has it turned out?

Reactions: umutt i.

Otterz4Life

Jul 21, 2019
Some angles just aren’t very flattering, especially while talking. Maybe we can get a still with her mouth closed at an angle similar to the cover art?

The actress used does have a strong chin for a female.

GameChanger

Jun 9, 2019
Blizzard makes the same mistake they don't realize girls almost always look best with a smaller jaw line.

TheGreatYosh

Jul 19, 2018
Just pretend the main character is trans. I didn't see the post saying the main character is actually Trans. I give Remedy credit. Stunning and brave.

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: Isa and lock2k

Al Abaster

Jul 20, 2019
Since I never play games with a female protagonist, it doesn't really concern me. And since I don't require everyone to be centerfold quality pretty, the photos don't really bother me. I've seen lots of women with similar faces, and frankly I would prefer it if game designers stopped making every female a centerfold candidate and every male a potential Chippendale.

I'd also appreciate it if they stopped making all these female protagonist games. Constantly inviting young men to pretend to be girls is twisted and sick. It's all just part and parcel of the SJW Woke indoctrination.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2019
:messenger_tears_of_joy:

W O K E
O
K
E

You didn’t really think all the bellyaching about beautiful women in games was just going to stop at bellyaching, did you?

If you buy into an infected developer’s game, get used to your female characters looking like Kurt Russell (Avengers) And Christoph Waltz, lol.

The blue-haired Jabbas in the HR department can rest easily tonight.