Why does the main character from Control look less feminine than the concept art?

GymWolf

Jun 11, 2019
I don't know if it's more comical that you are defending an npc from a vg with a wall of text or the fact that you can't see how monstruos that chara is...

Reactions: Denjo92

Croatoan

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2014
I don't think it was intentional but they messed up the face for sure. The model needs the lips to be closer the the nose and chin to be shorter. Its like when you make a character in a creator and you have the dials just a little too far.

Basically I feel like they tried to artificially lengthen her face for some reason and it makes Jesse look really weird.

Last edited:

Eiknarf

Mar 25, 2019
Hmmmmm
Interesting

The User Score over at Metacritic used to be a 7.0.... then it dropped to a 4.4... but now it’s a 7.1

Did Metacritic do a sweep and delete reviews that were poor? And if so, how do they know a real review vs a review bomb?

Eiknarf

Mar 25, 2019
“Hey guys? We’re making a game not based on real life. It’s the stuff of comics and superheroes and fantasy, ok? We can make the protagonist look however we want as we’re creating her from scratch, understand? This isn’t real life - and It’s not a commercial for The Gap or ProActiv where we have to consider women of all shapes and sizes and face types... It’s fantasy! That said, how should we make her? Hot? Sexy? Gorgeous? Cute?”

No!

Last edited:

Croatoan

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2014
They won't be changing the model yall. I'm pretty sure adjusting facial details would completely screw up the blend shapes they are using to animate her mouth.

The amount of work it would take to make Jesse pretty is extremely high and expensive.

Maybe if Control was UE4 and modable, but alas that isn't the case.

Last edited:

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018
What if they have been and you simply don't find that sexy?

So I think you might be wasting your breath asking for something you don't even like, the developer has no clue what you are talking about and can't get in your head. If you like Anime looking girls, thats what you like, but to think that is the default term for sexy and then start asking developers around the world to do the same makes very little sense.

It would be like me having some cookie monster fetish and saying its "sexy" and saying "For once I want to see western developers make sexy design and over the top....as in cookie monster". I'll tell you why they don't want to, its an agenda against fuzzy monsters.

So you can't ask a developer to make something that is literally subjective, they will make what they THINK is sexy as what you like differs from person to person.....ie subjective. Be like "why can't developers make it play good?" Sir, we know not of what you find "good" thus no one can really do what is being stated as its too subjective.

You’re still doing this?

We get it dude, “beauty is subjective”. I’m sure tons of guys are into pink mohawked girls with scars on top of their tattoos

Negotiator

Jun 28, 2011
Beauty is definitely not "subjective", facial symmetry is a thing. Maths/geometry (golden ratio) also applies there, just like it applies to credit cards and other stuff.

Blame biology/nature.

joe_zazen

May 2, 2017
Beauty is definitely not "subjective", facial symmetry is a thing. Maths/geometry (golden ratio) also applies there, just like it applies to credit cards and other stuff.

Blame biology/nature.
Naw, it is all learned. I still remember vagina appreciation class....man, 13 year old me really didn't get it. But now i like them so much I did my house in vagina.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Jul 2, 2013
Booted this up and OPs thoughts were mine exactly in the opening mission. What happened?

Nickolaidas

Jan 18, 2019
Hmmmmm
Interesting

The User Score over at Metacritic used to be a 7.0.... then it dropped to a 4.4... but now it’s a 7.1

Did Metacritic do a sweep and delete reviews that were poor? And if so, how do they know a real review vs a review bomb?
Maybe they read it?

I mean, if I was a Metacritic mod and I saw an MK11 review being a 0 out of 10 because "Mileena isn't in it", I would delete that piss before you could blink.

Eiknarf

Mar 25, 2019
Maybe they read it?

I mean, if I was a Metacritic mod and I saw an MK11 review being a 0 out of 10 because "Mileena isn't in it", I would delete that piss before you could blink.
But I mean, they had to have read all of the reviews and deleted hundreds of em in order to make that much of a result change.

It takes a lot of reviews to bring a score down from a 7.0 to a 4.4. And it also takes a lot of reviews to bring a score back up to 7.1 from a 4.4

Nickolaidas

Jan 18, 2019
But I mean, they had to have read all of the reviews and deleted hundreds of em in order to make that much of a result change.

It takes a lot of reviews to bring a score down from a 7.0 to a 4.4. And it also takes a lot of reviews to bring a score back up to 7.1 from a 4.4
Most 0 out of 10 reviews tend to be five lines long. And if the game has a total of 200 reviews, we talk about maybe 600 lines of text to go through and delete accordingly.

It's feasible.

Eiknarf

Mar 25, 2019
what are some of the new ways media has unsexualized our entertainment?

Dead or Alive 6 has less skin.
Latest Tomb Raider lead actress smaller chest.
Captain Marvel has no ass.
Control game has non feminine face.

There’s gotta be more

MagnesG

Apr 20, 2019

There’s gotta be more
MoRtAl KoMbAt

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Jul 2, 2013
wait, they un-sex-ified that game, too? What'd they do? I saw it was super gory in terms of Finishing moves....

Eiknarf

Mar 25, 2019
This

to this

with every female character. dont worry the men are still half naked.
Whaaaaat!?!
That’s terrible!!
What did they think? That fans wouldn’t notice the pandering to the SJWs!?
Do the game designers have any shame?!?!

Feb 7, 2018

There’s gotta be more
I guess you missed my other thread.

Eiknarf

Mar 25, 2019
I guess you missed my other thread.

Oh damn! That’s a great thread

Catching up now

It’s funny because I literally just finished the game Yakuza 0, and they had no problem showing actual young girls (not video Game Characters made of pixels) in bikinis when you “unlock” or are gifted a “video” in-game. It felt so classic old-school while still being modern. I feel like we wouldn’t get anything remotely close to that in American games

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
Whaaaaat!?!
That’s terrible!!
What did they think? That fans wouldn’t notice the pandering to the SJWs!?
Do the game designers have any shame?!?!
Some of the designers in interviews actually mocked the fanbase, with the arrogant mentality of, “too big to fail”.

Unless of course it was against Days Gone on sale charts. A new IP with another generic white male who has the gall to stare at his wife’s ass, on one system.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2018
I feel like we wouldn’t get anything remotely close to that in American games
Yeah, even David Jaffe himself thought that Western devs are emasculating themselves for some weird reason.
You can see his opinion about this in the other thread.

Eiknarf

Mar 25, 2019
Some of the designers in interviews actually mocked the fanbase, with the arrogant mentality of, “to not to fail”.

Unless of course it was against Days Gone on sale charts. A new IP on one system.
Wait what do you mean? The designers of Mortal Kombat 11 mocked their fans who expect and prefer scantily clad women?

I have to be honest I don’t play fighting games. But I always assumed Mortal Kombat was the gore and Dead or Alive was the sexy

I didn’t know both used to have tits and ass

Now ironically neither do

bhunachicken

Apr 11, 2018
Y'all worried about the face; when she ain't got no ass. That's a bigger crime.
I just spent 10 minutes looking through screenshots to try and find an ass shot (hmm, can think of worse things to do ...)

Most of the screens are quite dark, so it's difficult to find a good one. Here's the best I could track down:

I wouldn't say that's "no ass". I know a few personal trainers who have butts like that. Toned, firm and tight, due to spending so much time working out.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: Mobile Suit Gooch
Aug 16, 2012
Its not just ugly, its bad design.

The whole thing is weird, the animations are quite off on some scenes, like the blond character on the 3:40 mark, her mouth is is like animation over 9000, try watching it without any sound.

Last edited:

SLUG_____

Neo Member
Aug 29, 2019
I only just started playing this and the world is so crazy and conspiratorial that I like to think a reveal is coming where it turns out she's been a man this whole time. I also keep expecting a fourth wall break any time now because of some of the lines in the game. Those are my predictions just putting them in now for the record.

jshackles

Jul 2, 2013

I don't know if I'll be able to play much of this game.

Danglingwang

Jun 14, 2019
not so sure about remdy being under some woke agenda with the protagonist...looks at this other "female" chara...

i think they are just bad with woman faces...
Maybe it's not about black or white or male and female, maybe it's about us all being the same? Because nothing says interesting like boring and generic..

As a matter of fact, speaking of black and white I am going to start identifying as Michael Jackson, preferred pronouns HE/HE.

Last edited:

Ravielsk

Neo Member
Sep 4, 2019
The face is more of cherry on top of the fiasco this game has become. The launch version runs like dogshit on consoles(base models drop below 20fps at points), the PC requirements started off with GTX 1060 as a minimum and as a bonus the marketing for this game was so atrocious that for the most time many had no idea what the game is even supposed to be. Control just seem like it was mishandled from start to finish and the whole "woke" angle the devs decided on didn't help much(dont pretend thats not the reason).

Also did I mention that game can barely hit 60fps with RTX2080ti at 1080p/720p with RT on? Because that is how "well" optimized this thing is. No wonder it fell off the UK sales chart.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: Negotiator