• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Social Why does the media keep pushing for fucking Stacy Abrams as the VP??

Christopher

Mar 19, 2005

But why would anyone choose Abrams to be their running mate? She has demonstrated zero ability to win a significant election, has very little political experience, and is unlikely to expand the Democratic base in a general election.
Do they want Joe Biden to lose? She fucking LOST her own election and is pulling the suppression bullshit...

I keep hearing her name floating and keep wondering why???? Her skin color? Why not pick someone qualified and who won like Harris instead of this loser no one?

Reactions: Punkster88

HeresJohnny

Mar 14, 2018
Because she’s a she
And black

it’s racism

“She should be VP because she’s a woman of color”

as if your skin color or genitals have anything to do with who’s best for the job
This is it. It’s not about talent or ideas to crazy ass fringe Democrats, it’s about box ticking. It’s basically political affirmative action. In other words, a loser with bad ideas who is both black and female has a higher rating than a person with better ideas who is male and white.

Centrists Democrats don’t believe in this shit imo, but they’re the silent majority while the fucking wackos have hijacked the brand and the party.

NickFire

Mar 12, 2014
Some people really like her, but I can't see why Biden would pick her. I think most people from outside her state know her as a poor loser and little else.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
She can't even fix the gap in her teeth, yet she is supposed to fix the country.

daemissary

Nov 19, 2011
It’s quite simple really...She gets paid an assload of money by Michael Bloomberg and a lot of media personalities also get paid an assload of money by Bloomberg.

KINGMOKU

May 16, 2005
It is puzzling. Their candidate is weak and is showing clear signs of mental decline so to add a VP with zero experience who lost a governors race confounds me.

You don't add weakness, to an already weak ticket. I don't see it.

Last edited:

monegames

Sep 26, 2014
She is the black female version of Beto. I don't get it. She lost an election in the state with 30 percent black population in a year where the GOP did poorly overall. Trump wasn't even on the ballot and it was the middle of the Russiagate BS. If she couldn't win under those conditions she is just a loser. Her and Whitmer would hurt Biden. No clue who is running things for Joe or the DNC but pushing either of them as VP is ridiculous.

Eiknarf

Mar 25, 2019
The Washington Post just did some entire fluff piece on this woman...

the memes are incredible...

She’s done pretty much nothing, comes off arrogant as fuck, and weaves race into every conversation...let me vote for you Stacy ok

Man
The Washington Times is so desperate- Trying so hard

Whataborman

Apr 19, 2018
It is puzzling. Their candidate is weak and is showing clear signs of mental decline so to add a VP with zero experience who lost a governors race confounds me.

You don't add weakness, to an already weak ticket. I don't see it.
You're right, but we're also assuming that Biden will ultimately be the nominee.

I can definitely see a situation where there's a brokered convention and someone else ultimately gets the DNC nomination.

Teletraan1

May 17, 2012
Canada
She won't hold up to scrutiny when you get past black/female. Her record is terrible. DNC is still running things like they have a few networks in their pocket and the internet doesn't exist. Here is a Rising clip that actually attempts to push past black/female and look at some of her actions in public office.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Mar 5, 2009
Is she still claiming she is the governor of Georgia? Not sure why the media keeps propping this crazy unaccomplished lady up over a year after she lost. If Biden picks her there is a 100% chance he will lose. He is old, senile and may not make it through a whole term. His VP pick is going to be really important.

diffusionx

Feb 25, 2006
Remember when Beta O'Rourke was the future of the Democratic Party? That guy was the "how do you do fellow kids" meme come to life and the media/establishment just fell for him.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Makes sense. Joe never won anything either and now he is teaming up with the other loser.

When you think about he didn't even really win the DNC nomination. Everyone basically just stepped aside for him and then CV hit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Teletraan1

Texas Pride

Feb 27, 2018
Texas
Biden fucked up so bad committing to a woman as VP and instantly shutting out other shitheels people might actually vote for. Beto is a chump but I guarantee he's got more appeal as VP than Abrams. Throw in the fact Biden has an issue with women over being too touchy and his choice to only want a woman looks really fucking suspect.

Reactions: Eiknarf

Christopher

Mar 19, 2005
She lost her governors election...she’s totally unlikable and every Fucking conversation she weaves something about race ... no one likes you Stacy.

infinitys_7th

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2006
Reactions: Maiden Voyage

Woo-Fu

incest on the subway
Jan 2, 2007
Do they want Joe Biden to lose?
Can you think of a better reason to nominate Biden other than a burning desire to lose? Jokes on them though, this pandemic+economic collapse might umm, trump their attempt at a guaranteed loss.

You don't have to worry about this one though, Biden friend-zoned her pretty hard on national TV. It won't be long before she claims that sexism and/or racism cost her the VP role. Was pretty obvious this was a not-so-subtle message from the establishment for her to stop overtly campaigning for the position.

Last edited:

Arkam

Jan 21, 2012
Here, Now and maybe later
As terrible as she is (as a worthwhile candidate based on merit), she is a female, person of color that has some national media coverage... that checks all the important boxes for 21st century DNC. I mean when Biden is your presidential candidate you can see how much they care for "well, you have heard of them".... now they just need to offset his old, male whitness.

Plus teh media knows that if Biden does not pick someone to offset his old, male whitness they lose out on their normal low blow strategy (call teh opponent sexist, racist, etc, etc)

Dargor

Sep 5, 2013
I would say they know that Biden might actually kick the bucket at any moment and if he for some "miracle" wins the elections, ban! First woman and first black woman as president of the U.S of the A in history!

Hows that for a theory?

desertdroog

Aug 12, 2008
They push her because she can't physically run for herself. To take a cue from Nancy Pelosi, she is "...shall we say, weight group -- morbidly obese, they say. "

Reactions: cryptoadam

belmarduk

Nov 19, 2019
There are so many better choices than Abrams.
She doesn't have the necessary experience and Georgia is not in play with or without her on the ticket.