• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why doesn't Amazon sell any Nintendo systems anymore? (And will they sell Wii U?)

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Looks like Amazon and Nintendo reached some kind of agreement. 3DS XL is in stock.

Interesting--wonder if they'll stock Wii U now?

The plot thickens... I've already preordered at Toys 'R Us, cancelled, then preordered at Nintendo World. Dare I cancel a second time? For release date shipping I just might! Who wants to brave launch-day crowds, though there's always that midnight possibility. Sometimes I think I'm going to collapse under the weight of all these first-world problems, my heavens! Frrt.

=O awesome but they only have the blue color available
Love that they have the vita at the top of the description pague
Interesting to note that the Vita page doesn't have a 'other handhelds to consider' message on it.

I'm likely going to hold out for Wii U at launch. but may consider it if it becomes available on Amazon.com (I'm based in the UK, but plan to get the US system (own NTSC Wii and have a sizeable library of games).

Kusagari

The Wii U might be what forces Amazon to get back into dealing with them.

They can't like seeing these preorders selling out everywhere and they have none of a hot product.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Looks like Amazon and Nintendo reached some kind of agreement. 3DS XL is in stock.

Eh, I'm not hopeful. There have been days where random Nintendo hardware was in stock, only for it to be sold out a couple days later. The fact that they aren't selling any other hardware isn't encouraging.

And I'm not sure I trust someone from the IGN's board to have the inside scoop on the goings on at Amazon and Nintendo.

18-Volt

Hehe, "Also Consider the Playstation Vita". Why don't they just write "You schmuck, why are you buying this? We got better one over there, better graphics, analogs, capacitive and stuff. Stop buying this crap! Do you hear us?" This is weird. They are selling it but they don't want it to be sold.

1-D_FTW

Interesting. Amazon was a bit of a dick if that's true.

Amazon can be a dick, but it's mostly the customers who are to blame.

There's a product I order a lot. And it suddenly stopped being stocked and had the notice that it'd been discontinued because of complaints from customers. This was a product that could have no reason to complain about from a shipping/damage POV. Unless they didn't like the taste. Of which, stop fucking ordering then. But no, they got it pulled from inventory. Luckily they still ship the exact same product (but half the size). It's not any more expensive, but it's stupid to have to ship it twice as often. Hopefully these tards never order the smaller size and complain about that too. Amazon can lack all sense on some of these issues.

Rootbeer

Banned
If that story is accurate, I do not fully blame amazon. It goes both ways. The truth is that yes, the 3DS did have a serious problem with screen scratching that was not present on previous iterations of their handhelds. They refused to fix it, and even the 3DS XL is not fully immune to this problem. I think this is very common knowledge to anyone who reads forums where Nintendo products are discussed.

I love Nintendo but their refusal to address the screen problem does irritate me a lot. If kids really are a big part of their demographic then why don't they act like it and ensure their products are designed so that they don't damage themselves under perfectly ordinary usage scenarios like carrying it in your backpack next to your books, which any kid is bound to do. The clamshell design gives the impression of the interior being properly protected but that is not the case.

Top Bottom