• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why don't we ever hear anything from Sam Houser

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
he has no twitter, no facebook him or his brother

i think there are only a few videos of the brothers on youtube

18j28n2itgqgpjpg.jpg

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
I don’t have a Facebook, a Twitter, an Instagram, or any videos on YouTube. Some people are sane enough to stay away from the dumpster fire of social media.

Also, it’s perfectly fine and respectable to value your own privacy — the Houser brothers’ games speak for themselves.

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
do you guys think Sam Houser is jealous of people like Cory Barlog or Neil Druckmann who have social media presence?

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
do you guys think Sam Houser is jealous of people like Cory Barlog or Neil Druckmann who have social media presence?
Not at all. He’s reclusive on purpose. It would be a different story if he tried to be in the spotlight and people ignored him.

The Shepard

Well it seems to work. Rockstar north is the most famous development studio on the planet. If the brothers we're more out spoken I think the media would have made there lifes hell here in the UK and I guess they don't want that life. I know I wouldn't.

Last edited:
they are camera shy and what's worse is that they wont even hire a spokesperson. but thats ok. they let their games do the talking for them.

Probably waiting for the lawsuit to be settled before talking again (if ever).

Let's hope the "Benz" gets his fair share of the massive, massive pie.

bilderberg

Part of a larger problem with the industry is a lack of exposure among most big name directors. How many people know who Jason Jones is? Or the director behind The Witcher 3?

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Because they are smart. Social media is cancer to our society
And there is a whole generation of people who were brought up on it who will be in charge of running the world soon. Think about it. I’m already stocking up on non-perishables.

I’m gonna build a shack in the middle of woop woop nowhere and wait it out. Then I’ll re-emerge a couple of years down the line to survey the destruction.

Part of a larger problem with the industry is a lack of exposure among most big name directors. How many people know who Jason Jones is? Or the director behind The Witcher 3?
Bascially you can play the devil's advocate in regards to Sam Houser. Especially when it comes to western devs as opposed to Japanese devs.

Ariesfirebomb

Neo Member
Some folks just don't bother with socials.

But some of yall sound real tinfoil hat. I'm sure folks said the same things about radio....the telephone..tv...the internet lol

JimmyJones

Banned
he has no twitter, no facebook him or his brother

That is a smart decision for a man in his position.

According to wiki he is "one of the creative driving forces behind the games in the Grand Theft Auto franchise." I think he does exactly that. He stays in the shadows and feeds ideas to his team like some sort of movie director. You can tell this is true as all of the GTA games have similar themes and seem to come from the same mind.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Some folks just don't bother with socials.

But some of yall sound real tinfoil hat. I'm sure folks said the same things about radio....the telephone..tv...the internet lol
No, no tinfoil hats. The majority of people (“yall”) who criticise social media do so simply because they have been around long enough to see the affect social media has had on society as opposed to it being all you have ever known.

The common comeback to social media criticism is commonly “Oh you! Old people, you’re cute”. The reality is that with age comes experience and hopefully wisdom. There is no substitute for experience. Unfortunately wisdom isn’t everybodys cup of tea though.

The negative changes to society as a direct result of social media are staggering. The people older and wiser enough to avoid it, do so for a reason.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I think we've answered the question because no one said they disliked him for X or Y reasons.

Imagine being @ at by some random politician or parenting group while you're hard at work. Someone who watches a YouTube clip or from word of mouth tries to ruin your day.

The last FPS game Valve pulled had state politicians Tweeting about it. I imagine that politician isn't really an avid gamer nor do I believe he fights for the "freedom of art and expression". The case gets old and being out of the spotlight leaves room for more creative talent to grow.

I want to like a game designer for their games and not what they say in public about people, things, and whatever.

Last edited:
Kojima has a twitter and he has been criticized before. Like with Quiet from MGS V. And he is still on twitter.

Perhaps Houser and his brother don't like attention. How many videos are there of them when you exclude the change within social media(2012 or 2013)? I never heard of them of them until recently. Maybe they never wanted the spotlight.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Kojima has a twitter and he has been criticized before. Like with Quiet from MGS V. And he is still on twitter.

Perhaps Houser and his brother don't like attention. How many videos are there of them when you exclude the change within social media(2012 or 2013)? I never heard of them of them until recently. Maybe they never wanted the spotlight.

Kojima wasn't sued or went after like a witch hunt. Teachers, parents, and politicians don't speak out about Quiet. I remember talking to a friend's mom about GTA multiple times because she had heard all these things about GTA. GTA was even brought up by a nurse in the nursing class I took. It would have been awesome had they brought up Quiet's choice of clothing, but instead it was about rape, prostitutes, and killing civilians (the typical GTA conversation).

Kojima wasn't sued or went after like a witch hunt. Teachers, parents, and politicians don't speak out about Quiet. I remember talking to a friend's mom about GTA multiple times because she had heard all these things about GTA. GTA was even brought up by a nurse in the nursing class I took. It would have been awesome had they brought up Quiet's choice of clothing, but instead it was about rape, prostitutes, and killing civilians (the typical GTA conversation).
Yeah that's true, I forgot about that lol

Top Bottom