• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why Hasn't There Been a 'Skinwalker Ranch' Game?

For those who don't know what the Skinwalker Ranch is....

Okay.

So there's a lot of potential for a game here, especially for those who read 'Hunt for the Skinwalker' book.

The Skinwalker Ranch is a hotbed for anomalies and George Knapp said it could be a Grand Central Station for other realms of existence.

Whatever exists there doesn't seem to have our best interests in mind.

People even have reported bringing "something" back with them.

Shadow things, cryptids, poltergeist activity, orbs, ufos and anomalies have all happened there.

Military have been seen around there and there are those who claim they've heard what sounds like machinery beneath the surface.

Portals to other "places" have been seen opening with strange craft emerging.

A game based on these real life events would be fascinating, of course liberties would have to be taken and dramatization.

I'm thinking gameplay or something to Kholat, another game based on real life bizarre events at Dyatlov Pass.

Semi-thanks to buizel buizel for making me think about Skinwalker Ranch tonight.

Last edited:

Solarstrike

Maybe a new Silent Hill in development could have a chapter in reference. Or even a new Alan Wake. I don't think a game has been created which takes a serious look at the topic of aliens, let alone the topic of Skinwalker Ranch. I'm sure there's some but I'm drawing a blank. A game with the play mechanic(s) similar to that Resident Evil 2 Remake (third person view), L.A Noire, as well as first person view per interactivity like examining item(s), puzzles, research, dialogue. Presentation in the likes of the movie "Fire in the Sky" or "Communion" as well as the "X-Files" television series from the 1990's for the detective aspect. Outdoor and indoor environments, things to research. A mystery adventure. It wouldn't be a run and gun blast 'em all to hell type of game or a point and click game. Something to startle the senses

ABij5oN.png

"Communion" movie, 1989

buizel

Banned
iu

in zelda majoras mask; there is a farm that eventually is invaded by aliens. there are two brothers who talk about sightings, footsteps, cattle going missing, lights in sky etc... think this could be a reference>?

edit: nevermind thats the flatwoods monster im confusing the two

170px-Flatwoods_Visitor_Chair.jpg
220px-Flatwoods_monster.png

Last edited:

Quintessence

Neo Member
I know it's a bit late for this thread, but I am releasing a game this October inspired by the Skinwalker Ranch phenomenon. It's NOT BASED on Skinwalker Ranch (due to trademarks and other legal/ethical concerns), but it's much of the same phenomena as reported by various sources over the years (I say "inspired by, but not based upon"), as well as a very particular personal experience I had related to said phenomena.

It takes place in the early 90's and the two main characters are FBI investigators (initially inspired by the X-Files). The gameplay (only VR at the moment, non-VR PC coming soon, console(s)...maybe?) is heavily inspired by Resident Evil and Silent Hill (especially RE2: Remake), so monsters, puzzles, riddles, documents, psychological horror, keys and locked doors, etc. It does involve some actual skinwalker "mythology" (this stuff is way more real than many think, I can vouch) as well as trying to explain all the different weirdness at the ranch (including the portals) in one coherent framework (that's been the hardest part so far, honestly, far more than the programming or game design).

The game is in an open beta playtest currently on Steam, so anyone can sign up and play the (unfinished) game for free for the next few months. It will be featured as part of the Steam Next Fest this October before it finally goes on sale right before Halloween.

Top Bottom