• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why is HBO max app so bad?

Shtef

It sucks.
On my android tv i can watch in dolby vision but i am getting only stereo sound. Apparently hbo support only dd+ which is not supported on optical audio and it doesn't have a fallback to regular dolby digital like netflix.
On xbox i am getting 5.1 sound but no dolby vision support.
Subtitles don't have option for 50% transparency when watching hdr content, it goes from 75% (which is still too bright) to 25% (now its too dim), why there is no 50%.

They've clearly put insufficient resources developing their app on that front.

It seems like it was developed without much testing, basically made sure it did dolbi vision and called it a day.

If you can find a contact channel for highlighting the issues that would be best.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
It sucks poorly wiped butt, but the Amazon Prime Video app is like medieval ages bad in comparison.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
HBO GO was even worse. Prime Video is also shit but it has some cool features with the subs and how you can always see who the actors are in that specific scene.

small_law

Apparently, Warner is losing a ton of money on HBO Max, so improving the app probably isn't a high priority.

Shockingly, streaming didn't turn out to be the pansia for Hollywood's ills like the studios thought it would be.

Top Bottom