• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why is it considered transphobic to not want to date somebody who is trans?

Not trying to start anything, just genuinely curious. I've been noticing more that people are being labeled transphobic for not wanting to date somebody who is trans, but in my mind, this is how I think about it...

If you only want to date the opposite sex, you're straight, but are you homophobic? If you only want to date the same sex, you're gay, but are you heterophobic? I guess I don't understand the reason why not wanting to date somebody who is trans is considered transphobic, and not just preference, like the above two scenarios.

Last edited:

lock2k

Banned
Not trying to start anything, just genuinely curious. I've been noticing more that people are being labeled transphobic for not wanting to date somebody who is trans, but in my mind, this is how I think about it...

If you only want to date the opposite sex, you're straight, but are you homophobic? If you want to date the same sex, you're gay, but are you heterophobic? I guess I don't understand the reason why not wanting to date somebody who is trans is considered transphobic, and not just preference, like the above two scenarios.
Don't let retards dictate what is wrong or right. People can date whoever the fuck they want

Kimahri

Banned
I've seen it a lot, and it's weird. To e it just looks like they're invalidating the very existence of homosexuals by basically saying they no longer exist, which is pretty hypocritical. I have no idea how common this is amongst trans people, I was exposed to it mostly through era when I was there way back when, so go figure.

Mohonky

If you are a heterosexual man, who doesnt want to date a transwoman, it implies that a transwoman is different / less than a woman.

Basically you are saying a transwoman is not a 'real woman'.

Thats the optics of it anyway

MrMephistoX

If you’re a gay dude and want dick I would not fault you for not wanting to date a chick with a dick or a chick who took hormones but still doesn’t have a dick.

On the flip side I’m just not into that kind of thing but don’t care if someone else is.

Isn’t it homophobic to force someone to date someone they aren’t attracted to in order to fit a certain worldview.

Such is the world we live in and also why I don’t use my real name on Twitter anymore.

Last edited:

brap

Banned
What is it called if I want to date a girl with a penis?

KlSWzjR.jpg

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Has this ever happened to you irl OP? No? Right. Moving on.

Haeleos

It's not transphobic. When and where did you "notice more" that people are stating this? Why would this baseless argument make you feel threatened enough to post about it? It's like asking "Since when is the world flat?" because you "noticed more" people arguing the world is flat. Do you genuinely need the support of the off topic section in a gaming forum to figure this one out or were you just trying to start up an echo chamber? No, it's not transphobic, but are you a fucking idiot?

Last edited:

teezzy

Banned
I dont think most transgendered people actually feel that way, at least not the ones who I've met. Most of them have been fairly chill frankly.

You're echoing the sentiments of the Twitter and Era woke knuckleheads who also say things like its impossible to be racist against white people. I've never met a black person who has felt that way when we've discussed racism together either.

Dont listen to morons pandering their social values.

Gamerguy84

You get two or three labels if your a guy and attracted to a woman, and then tell her.

Possible lawsuits also.

Actually if a women sees you look at a different woman's ass the same can happen.

If you are a heterosexual man, who doesnt want to date a transwoman, it implies that a transwoman is different / less than a woman.

Basically you are saying a transwoman is not a 'real woman'.

Thats the optics of it anyway
Well they are not a woman, at all, that is just reality. If they received surgery as well they still are not a Woman and will never be one, ever.

LordCBH

It’s bullshit. Just like when people say I’m wrong for not wanting to date fat chicks even though it’s fine for chicks to not want fat dudes. It’s all bullshit.

MrFunSocks

Banned
Is it?

Do people honestly feel that way?
Reeeeee and the ultra woke cancel culture outrage culture people think it is.

There have been tonnes of comments in threads over there that if you are a straight guy and you wouldn’t bang a trans woman that still has a “female penis” you’re transphobic.

I’ve given up trying to understand. Then again so many of the “trans” people over there are guys that wear dresses and identify as lesbians, meaning they’re attracted to women still, so I don’t know what the rules are anymore.

I know a couple that are both biological men, both now identify as women, and are “lesbians”. Try and make sense of that.

Last edited:

ruvikx

Banned
Because people are idiots.

The more complicated answer involves cheap psychological manipulation techniques.

I disagree on the "people are idiots" part, i.e. only psychopathic sacks of shit would attempt to force guilt heterosexuals into dating trans people with the penalty of being labelled "transphobic" for failing to comply.

It's time to call a spade a spade & stop indulging very sick, disturbed creatures who belong in an asylum.

Top Bottom