• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why Isn't Anyone Talking about How Untitled Goose Game just WON the 2020 D.I.C.E. Awards for GOTY? (Herding Dogs, GET ITT!!!)

tenor.gif

Humdinger

That's ... weird. Well, it would be nice if it was ported to PS4 eventually.

I read a review that says it's kind of boring if you play alone, but it's fun with other people. I'm an SP gamer, so it might not be for me; I dunno. I kind of like the goose, though.

Last edited:

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
I mean, it's a good and fun game, but I don't think I'm saying anything controversial if I say that it really does not compare with other games that were nominated and even many that weren't.

Thing is, D.I.C.E. is a developer voted award, and the members of the A.I.A.S. are almost all westerners, who in most cases will vote for western games. There is also a giant amount of indies that will vote for other indies to push their side, so I'm not really surprised.

But yeah, I've never considered the D.I.C.E. awards as an indication of actual quality excellence, and this is par for the course.

Besides the overall winner, this year was particularly western-centric even in the other results, which considering that Japanese developers literally crushed western ones in 2019 quality output-wise, pretty much shows how this kind of stuff goes.

Many people vote for this kind of award to make a point. The point varies here and there, but for many it's certainly not to honor excellence.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Because no one gives a shit about the DICE awards. They're completely irrelevant to anyone who isn't actually in attendance.

Everytime there's some news about D.I.C.E. I'm always confused for a fraction of a second because my first thought is they're talking about DICE the developer.

Anyway, who cares about this damn award though. It holds absolutely no value. But good for the devs, I guess.

Banned
I'm officially boycotting the D.I.C.E Awards for snubbing Max Payne 3, MGS4, Bloodborne, Sekiro, and Death Stranding.

that's indeed very sad... which games won over MGS4 and Max Payne 3?

if anyone ever wondered why if you put in Max Payne 3 into youtube the first suggestion is Max Payne 3 Song...
well, thank this german meme or cringe lord (depending on your interpretation) for it:

Last edited:
JESUS FUCKING CHRIST I looked it up... Little Big Planet won over MGS4?

and fucking Dragon Age Inquisition won in 2014... I CAN'T... and Destiny and Hearthstone were nominated... the fuck is wrong with these people?
I'm telling you.

D.I.C.E. can suck on my pair of dice for all I care.

Top Bottom