• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why the hell did Microsoft shoot their gun so EARLY? (NO ONE GETS ITT!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This next-gen battle sure took a toll on Phil :(

ydGTBwI.jpg

gatti-man

My guess is MS knows Sony isn’t coming with anything close to 12TF. When you’re far ahead announcing early just sets the stage to dominate. I’m now believing the 9TF rumors for ps5 and expect Xbox parity next gen with Sony sales wise in the USA at minimum.

for the first time in like 10 years Im hyped for a MS console.

MiguelItUp

Lol @ the drive by negative comments that are surely coming from fanboys. Really though, this is an exciting time for console players from all over. I primarily play on PC and I'm incredibly excited to see where this all goes. I generally allow myself to buy one console each gen, and from where I'm standing I still don't know what that console will be yet. So it's exciting! I've flipped flopped between Sony and Microsoft over the years, so it's anyone's game! :messenger_face_screaming:

Paracelsus

Remember when the XBOX360 released a full year before the PS3, people laughed and called it XBOX 1.5, and then PS3 released and technically it was the s**ts and 360 outclassed it in literally every spec imaginable except cooling?
Good times.

D

Deleted member 774430

Unconfirmed Member
Huh?

Actually it's the complete opposite.

Microsoft is following more or less the kind of schedule you always see each gen with big blow out of info in February (in an event or specs revealed or other big related announcements) and the big event probably at E3 this year.

On the other hand Sony has been oddly silent and there are rumors around the possibility of either a delay for the worldwide launch of PS5 or a limited launch in selected countries first, due to the coronavirus outbreak which is affecting production and Sony's presence at key events such as GDC/PAX and possibly Gamescom.

Last edited by a moderator:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I don't get how all of sudden the word "teraflops" became so popular. I literally only see that word used here. Not when anything else comes out or came out. It wasn't like "omg, this game could have benefited greatly if it just had more flops". I get it, its a technical term, but it wasn't thrown around a lot.

I think focusing on next gen stuff has been like a cave man trying to find pieces to make the wheel or learn how to make fire. It has brought upon a great deal of anguish when you consider how this gen will bleed into the next one. I'm all for the next gen coming, but the way its been brought up lately is not helping anything. Its not helping current games sell, its not helping games that come out in 4+ months, nor is it causing people to hold out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom