• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why was that Amir0x thread deleted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faustek

I refuse to believe this bs about "sweeping it under the rug".
There have been to many good people here with the mod status for that to actually happen. On that part you people need to chill.

On the topic: fuck. fuck fuck fuck it.

Audioboxer

4 year olds?! Fucking hell. Reminds me of when they busted the Lost Prophets singer.

I don't know if I really ever posted back and forward with Amir0x but that is super fucked up. I dunno what else to say I was watching something and came back to check GAF before going to sleep.

This is a big community with lots of posters but shit like this is toxic. I'm sure we'll get a statement from someone eventually so keep calm everyone.

When that thread first came up, I didn't agree with it because it was such a huge accusation to make without certainty. But now that it seems that the story is legit, holy shit, what the fuck.

RinsFury

UGH. I hope this sick fucks posts and pm history are handed over to the authorities. I shudder to think that he would have conducted his foul business on gaf, with the amount of young posters here, but you can never be sure.

Syder

You know what? Fuck this shit. IF this is true, it's fucking disgusting and shady.

There's a subsection of the internet that constantly shits over NeoGAF and this just gives them so much ammunition. I mean, he's been banned [it looks like his account might've been purged?], which clearly shows something. This situation is going to get a lot of air time in other places on the internet and I don't really know how GAF comes out of it looking any other way than poorly, especially if speculation that the mods knew about this is true.

I don't know what to say other than, shit is fucked, yo...

guys posting your search isnt going to work. it's just going to end up being not found. your search id is going to be unique.

0POSdqD.png

posts are still up...

They deleted the first thread because accusations of pedophilia are a pretty big deal. Now it may actually be true so they're probably waiting to see what happens before issuing a statement or anything.

Apparently they're preparing a statement right now according to a post by ModBot in a related thread when it was closed

FZZ

Banned
This fool beats his momma and looks at naked kids?
dahell2.png

guy is like a edgy throwaway comic book villain

he got demodded ages ago

but GAF should put out a statement bc it always seemed like older moderators had his back

all conjecture on my part tho

Speevy

Banned
Never understood why he was allowed to stick around after all of the sketchy shit he pulled.

A moderator can be literally anyone.

I was allowed t mod at Teamxbox after I took a team of regular posters and tried to destroy that place. All the rest of them were made mods too.

Sto0gE was part of that same group and he's a mod here now.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Nobody is protecting that piece of garbage. We found out at the same time as everyone else, and have been preparing a statement ever since it was verified.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Amir0x hasn't been a moderator here for the better part of a decade and has not had any association with the site other than as a regular member here since then. Most of the current moderators were not even around yet when Amir0x got kicked out, and this was a very long time ago and his real name was not on file. He was originally released after an ethics incident where someone called him out for making some posts arguing about some video game (IIRC), he claimed he didn't, and then went back and deleted the posts in question to try to save face, but not before it was all seen and he was sacked. There have also been troubling circumstances since then, also many years ago now, where he posted a GoFundMe for his sick mother to be able to afford at-home dialysis, and then afterwards claimed publicly to be relieved to have a break from financial burdens related to taking care of her that allowed for him to go on some recreational drug binge with his personal salary instead. He was disgraced for that as well, admitted fault, and reaffirmed that the GoFundMe dialysis funds went directly to his mom and that he did not pocket any of it, just indirectly benefited, which was still absolutely not something to be bragging about, and he claimed to go into rehab afterwards to address his drug problems. The rehab stuff is the main reason he wasn't permanently banned at the time.

The mod team just informed me of the circumstances re: this thread earlier today linking him to an arrest for some heinous stuff; as per standard policy here, the mod team doesn't let unconfirmed allegations and doxxing run wild for an internet witch hunt, whether someone is a member here or not, so the thread got deleted pending further confirmation. Looks like it's been confirmed to be him, however. Again, no one on the moderation team even knew his real name, so it was not something that could be confirmed immediately. His account has been permanently banned in response, but it looks like that'll be the least of his concerns.

That's all. No conspiracy. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom