• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Why was there a skinny russian girl in the Spiderman movies2/3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

acidviper

Banned
Jan 23, 2005
Was Ursula Ditkovitch somehow critical to the comics or was she banging the director? IDK the scenes just look terrible and out of place.

Mageina Tovah

Instigator

Banned
Jul 23, 2004
I liked her and wished Peter Parker would forget whiny MaryJane.

Yet somehow, those scenes went nowhere.

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
Feb 2, 2007
Yeah. I thought she was cute.

EDIT: She put the phone on the thing. Who else can do that?

acidviper

Banned
Jan 23, 2005
Is she actually in the Spiderman world though? Because the scenes are not useful to the plot and they brought her back for a sequel.

kurahadol

Mar 29, 2007
acidviper said:
Is she actually in the Spiderman world though? Because the scenes are not useful to the plot and they brought her back for a sequel.

Nah, she's not. She is just something from Raimi's mind. No real addition to the story, just a bit of filler I guess.

BobbyRobby

Jun 6, 2004
www.warren-wilson.edu
acidviper said:

No one that I know of. He had two kind of slutty neighbors in his apartment in the 80s, but they are nothing like the girl in the movie.

Jun 2, 2005
bigmakstudios said:
but the scenes had no impact on the storyline at all iirc. it was just weird. >_>
You can progress more than just plot with scenes.

Also, I think she represents the one person (other than May) that truly likes/appreciates Peter. She's able to take him at face value in a wholesome way.

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
Mar 3, 2007
It moved the story along in the sense it brought two despondent souls together for a brief time and allowed themselves to find a sense of peace with each other. This gave Peter perspective and showed him that he can be himself and still help others, thus strengthening his resolve to don the suit once more, which was further ameliorated by his aunt's speech.

NOTE: I'm talking about Spiderman 2. Spiderman 3 doesn't exist in my mind.

Yixian

Banned
Apr 13, 2007
Europe
yixian.deviantart.com
I've only seen 1 and 3, and I thought 3 was absolutely fucking terrible, but I remember the girl you mean, she was actually kinda cute/endearing.

Would much rather she had been the main love interest, rather than Dunst, who looked like she was just moping around a film set. Although apparently she had rl problems during the shoot.

I hate anything to do with comics in general though, apart from Tintin, which is pure gold.

Prime crotch

Banned
Nov 8, 2006
Portugal
acidviper said:
hmm she could have been based on that cousin that had a crush on Peter anyway I liked her she fit right in the plot

Xzior

Feb 21, 2005
Sweden
acidviper said:
Who cares, I'm a huge Spider-Man geek (17 years and counting, damn time does fly by) and I didn't mind her inclusion in the movies. She needs more screen time in my opinion.

Blader

Oct 8, 2006
Witchfinder General said:
It moved the story along in the sense it brought two despondent souls together for a brief time and allowed themselves to find a sense of peace with each other. This gave Peter perspective and showed him that he can be himself and still help others, thus strengthening his resolve to don the suit once more, which was further ameliorated by his aunt's speech.

Uh...wtf? Half of what you said is the most pedantic sounding shit I've read since Locke, and the other half is completely off the mark.

She offered him cake and milk. It was just a nice thing amidst the shit storm that is Peter's life. That's it.

deamentia

Hudson Hawk
Oct 25, 2005
San Mateo
Blader5489 said:
Uh...wtf? Half of what you said is the most pedantic sounding shit I've read since Locke, and the other half is completely off the mark.

She offered him cake and milk. It was just a nice thing amidst the shit storm that is Peter's life. That's it.

:lol :lol

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
Mar 3, 2007
Blader5489 said:

That's my interpretation and if you can't see the points I made that's your problem not mine.

J2 Cool

Jun 9, 2004
bigmakstudios said:
but the scenes had no impact on the storyline at all iirc. it was just weird. >_>

They did in the character arc. Spider-man 2 is very good. Spider-man 3 meanwhile was high comedy when he was having her bake him cookies.

Blader

Oct 8, 2006
Witchfinder General said:
That's my interpretation and if you can't see the points I made that's your problem not mine.

But your interpretation is wrong. Eating chocolate cake had nothing to do with Peter putting the suit back on, it was just a nice thing she did for him. It was Ock taking MJ that pushed Peter into becoming Spider-Man again.

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
Mar 3, 2007
Did it spur him to leap out the window there and then and save the city? No. Did it ground him and restore some of his faith in the people around him thus helping him reach his ultimate decision? Undoubtedly.

SRG01

Jan 29, 2007
Tovah, who lives in L.A. with her rabbit, Huxley, is about to start a homegrown T-shirt design line; she designed the dress she wore to the "Spider-Man 3" premiere in Queens. And she has an actor boyfriend she's writing a script with. But she admits she likes the new attention she gets from certain audience members.

aoi tsuki

Jun 15, 2004
The scene was was kinda out of place, but i instantly fell in love with that girl, nose and all. i didn't realize she was in Spiderman 3. i'll have to see it then.

Dolphin

Banned
Apr 20, 2006
After the potato incident they had to find a sexy girl for one of the roles.

Its not my joke, but I think it's funny.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Jun 9, 2004
I came pretty close to tripping over her on my way out of the Spider-Man 2 premiere, but she was stopping to make a cell phone call in the middle of some serious foot traffic.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Jun 10, 2004
Windsor, UK
Blader5489 said:

I'm being pedantic pointing out that what he said isn't pedantic. Not sure what word you were really looking for.

lucius

Feb 21, 2006
I liked her in the movies more than Mary Jane in the last 2 at least, I could have sworn she was in that show Joan of Arcadia that was on CBS for a couple seasons also.

aoi tsuki

Jun 15, 2004
lucius said:
I liked her in the movies more than Mary Jane in the last 2 at least, I could have sworn she was in that show Joan of Arcadia that was on CBS for a couple seasons also.
She was or is. i was flipping through channels a while back and came across her on that show.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Jun 6, 2004
UK
Where's that gif of Maguire giving dunst the dirtiest look ive ever seen after she bumps him off the mike at some award ceremony?

etiolate

Banned
Jun 8, 2004
That chick and James Franco were the best parts of the Spiderman movies.

MOAR SKINNY RUSSIAN GURLZ PEAS

mrmrec2

Banned
Jun 28, 2007
Ghost said:
Where's that gif of Maguire giving dunst the dirtiest look ive ever seen after she bumps him off the mike at some award ceremony?

What's the Dunst/Potato incident about?

Status
Not open for further replies.