• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why Xbox fans outwhore us all

etiolate

Banned
Today, I saw a blue Mazda RX-8 with a vanity licensed plate reading <3MYXBOX.

Now, I've seen some silly stuff done for Nintendo, the redundant Gran TUrismo 3 INSIDE my car setups and I even had a Pikachu sticker on my old car, but THAT outdoes it all. I wish I had my camera, because I know it had to be a forum member.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I usually don't approve of vanity plates, but I finally saw one I could get behind last weekend. I saw a 1964 Shelby Cobra with plates that said, "NO KIT".

shuri

Banned
There's someone today that posted that he gets teary eyes every time he sees Shiggy. I dont think there's anything that can beat that.

etiolate

Banned
TAJ said:
I usually don't approve of vanity plates, but I finally saw one I could get behind last weekend. I saw a 1964 Shelby Cobra with plates that said, "NO KIT".

That is pretty good.

For we have THIS:
samuscar1.jpg

:(

FightyF

Banned
Today, I saw a blue Mazda RX-8 with a vanity licensed plate reading <3MYXBOX.

The Xbox is simply awesome. Some people love their iPod...because to them it's more than just an portable music player. I know some people who can't imagine life without it.

In the same way the Xbox is more than a petty game machine. I don't have much time to play games, but when I play Xbox, I usually go on Live, play PGR2 from people all across North America, and there is no other console that offer these kinds of experiences.

Gawd I love my Xbox. *wipes tear from eye*

----

Banned
Fight for Freeform said:
The Xbox is simply awesome. Some people love their iPod...because to them it's more than just an portable music player. I know some people who can't imagine life without it.

In the same way the Xbox is more than a petty game machine. I don't have much time to play games, but when I play Xbox, I usually go on Live, play PGR2 from people all across North America, and there is no other console that offer these kinds of experiences.

Gawd I love my Xbox. *wipes tear from eye*
Exactly the Xbox is awesome. I think Xbox owners are the most satisfied customers this generation overall. I go to other fansite forums for other game consoles which will remain nameless and it is nothing like the jubilation you see from most Xbox owners. I see a lot of infighting and complaining on those boards that I don't see nearly to the extent on Xbox forums or at places like this. I think Xbox owners have gotten the most spoiled this generation by their console's owner because Microsoft is killing themselves (in a manner of speaking) to get a foothold in the industry. If MS does ever get a foothold like the other guys have I think things will be a lot different.

I guess I can't really criticize anyone else for expressing their affection publicly because I've purchased Xbox merchandise which in a way has done the same thing too. It's one of the coolest things I own, so why not express my liking for it?

There's someone today that posted that he gets teary eyes every time he sees Shiggy. I dont think there's anything that can beat that.
Yeah I know, I was gonna say something not so nice, but I thought better of it. Odd as it may be to me, who am I to judge?

BeOnEdge

Banned
xbox does indeed own. its like an entertainment hub compared to the other systems. M$ has done exactly what they intended to do.

i love my xbox and am a huge slut...

a much bigger slut than the nintendo and sony fans i know..

i think this is part of the problem, or shall i say, success?

etiolate

Banned
think this is part of the problem, or shall i say, success?

Yeah, this thread shows the level of whoreness more than that car. Of course Nintendo is hurt by the amount of fans they have in college. The learning poor.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
LOL at the zelda map on the hood.

Etiolate, youll be happy to know that there is also a GranTurismo car that drives around Sacramento. I just saw it a week or so ago out at sac state. ;)

Its black and has very large Gran Turismo stickers on its trunk, sides and hood.
I don't think it was promotional, I think it was a fan.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
BeOnEdge said:
dscf0288.jpg

my next car will say "mewkies"

For some reason it seems so right for a Sega Fan to be driving a Ford Taurus

etiolate said:
Yeah, this thread shows the level of whoreness more than that car. Of course Nintendo is hurt by the amount of fans they have in college. The learning poor.

Actually, I'd think that Xbox has more college fans...

seriously, everyone in the dorms would be playing HALO at U of I, and lots of frats would have xboxes for playing madden/ncaa and halo too..

i never saw one gamecube in a frat, and walking through a dorm, never saw anyone playing one.. i think the age range for gamecube fans is a little younger, not college.

Laurent

Maybe X-Box fanboys are so outrageously in it because they are the "youngest" in that field? I don't think there is as much of Sony fanboys out there, now that the company is the leader; do you think the number of X-Box fanboys would be reduced if Microsoft was the leader of the next generation? How about Nintendo?

I found it odd that some people would actually dedicated their entertainment to one console only. I plan on buying PlayStation3 and N5 next time around; I don't think I am gamer to the extend of having 3 consoles...

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Actually, I'd think that Xbox has more college fans...

seriously, everyone in the dorms would be playing HALO at U of I, and lots of frats would have xboxes for playing madden/ncaa and halo too..

i never saw one gamecube in a frat, and walking through a dorm, never saw anyone playing one.. i think the age range for gamecube fans is a little younger, not college.
it really depends on where you are and who you know. I know SSBM was huge among people I knew in at school (carry over from SSB popularity).

Back to the cars though. I always planned on buying a VW Golf as my next car.

Maybe Ill spring for the plate MRIOGLF ;)

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
I just suggested that my other half that we convert her Xterra into one like the first picture mike posted.... I won't repeat here what her response was. ;)

Top Bottom