• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii 2 (Project Cafe): Officially Announced, Playable At E3, Launching 2012 [Updated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neiteio

They're televising the investor's meeting, aren't they? Why would they want the media to see it if something significant won't be unveiled?

Vinci

Danish
Neiteio said:
They're televising the investor's meeting, aren't they? Why would they want the media to see it if something significant won't be unveiled?

Iwata likes to watch videos of himself.

Neiteio said:

they aren't televising it, but they are streaming it on the intertubes. they been doing this since 2006

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
people still care about console exclusives? that's so two thousand and fucking one.

ant1532

Banned
Fuck IGN and them getting a false graphics rumor going AGAIN for another system.(if system really is just same level as 360-PS3) So annoying for a well respectable website to get such hype going.

How is it even possible that the system will only be "slightly" more powerful than the Xbox 360?

Is the system going to be the size of an Apple TV?

ant1532 said:
Fuck IGN and them getting a false graphics rumor going AGAIN for another system.(if system really is just same level as 360-PS3) So annoying for a well respectable website to get such hype going.
you'd probably do better to just call them a popular site

/ign hate

Kagari said:
Based on Nintendo's past with their refusal to use DVD media, I somehow doubt that.
hLIdW.jpg

Never say never.

Christine

CarbonatedFalcon said:
Woah now. The S was/is pretty much the current 360 controller. I'd give you the Duke though.

The Duke was hilarious. The width wasn't even my problem with it - having another inch or two of separation between your hands is actually a positive, as it reduces the default angle of your wrists, but the thing was way too fucking deep/thick/round. I have larger than average hands, and to use the right thumbstick I had to switch to using my middle finger for the right trigger - the index wouldn't reach.

Dead Man said:
I don't get people who want MORE console exclusive 3rd party games.

Speaking as a non-console owner. Exclusives are tend to harness a system's unique features (controller) and really push the system's power (see PS3 exclusives).

Neiteio

Eh, I have Sony and Nintendo systems. I just like to dream of GTA5 on Stream because I like to imagine it would fully utilize all the system's features, like Chinatown Wars on DS (but less cumbersome, as it happened to be with pulling the stylus out constantly).

Hex

Banned
Kagari said:
Based on Nintendo's past with their refusal to use DVD media, I somehow doubt that.

Aha! A daring riposte but I counter with the fact that everything about this system seems like Nintendo is pushing out of their safe zone a but and if you are going to bother to go high def at this point in the game with a system why not?
Drive prices are negligible by this point.

defferoo

enzo_gt said:
Gamecube controller is probably the worst controller in the past 2 generations, in relative terms. A fair bit under the Wiimote/Nunchuck combo, which is pretty damn good.
seriously? you've used the dual shock i assume. That thing is an abomination when it comes to ergonomics. Especially when comes to analog stick placement on the controller. The fact that they just stuck them on the original PS1 controller (no analog stick) design without addressing the ergonomics makes it extremely hard to hold without your fingers rubbing against the edge of the circular parts on the back of the controller.. I can't believe Sony gave in to fan pressure and didn't revamp the design, the boomerang looked much more comfortable to hold than the dual shock does.

On the other hand, the Gamecube controller is magical, fits like a glove. So does the nunchuck and wii remote. I have no doubt that this controller will be easy to hold as well.

Little Green Yoda said:
So about this "financial call" thing tomorrow...is it just like a meeting with the major shareholders? What can we expect? What time is it?

4 PM in Nipponland. 4 AM eastern

expect tears of joy/rage and disappointment

Man I hope they actually say something about this at the meeting. I can't bare the wait anymore, I must know what the hell this new system is.

Neiteio

Guys, stop talking tech/DVDs/etc and start dreaming up game possibilities with your *makes hand gesture forming a rainbow* i-ma-gi-na-tions.

Don't shy away from being too crazy: The real Shenmue III? A FFVII remake? A new Star Tropics? A new Rogue Squadron? Eh? Ehhh??

Games are the fun part. :-\

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I wonder if the dev site for warioworld has any traffic counters on it -- I bet they're going to see a fucking gigantic spike tonight! LOL

Laurent

Flash memory is getting cheaper… Could we expect Nintendo focussing on a DS card like media (~16Gb) for their home console? Assuming they will stick with DVDs is wrong IMO…

Emitan

I'll come up with game ideas when we know some of the unique features and actually see the controller.

EDIT: Why is that mockup missing the Y Button?

PantherLotus said:
I wonder if the dev site for warioworld has any traffic counters on it -- I bet they're going to see a fucking gigantic spike tonight! LOL
They're probably thinking "damn internet nerds" right now

NO MORE HARDCORE GAMES GUYS WE EFFED UP

Ooh, can't wait for conf.

Also, people dislike the GC controller? Hmm.

...I guess it was bad in terms of the D-Pad, and the size (for people with big hands, nudge nudge). I liked using it for hours on end, only giving up after intense sessions of SSBM.

As for the controller mockup...it could maybe work, if the sides of the unit molded to fit the hands more. Then it would be 'fine' for gameplay (maybe sort of like holding the CC controller, with a larger distance between hands), and not-so-good-looking on the looks department.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom