• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii 2 (Project Cafe): Officially Announced, Playable At E3, Launching 2012 [Updated]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Billychu said:
Well I'm still wearing my poker face during Nintendo's press conference.

poker face. Nintendo's special abilities makes you hyped enough to piss your pants. I damn well know I'm gonna let loose when they show off that console

Boney

Banned
From The Dust said:
poker face. Nintendo's special abilities makes you hyped enough to piss your pants. I damn well know I'm gonna let loose when they show off that console
jizz of gold yadda yadda yadda

me? i'll be waiting on wave race, my sources tell me it's coming

Emitan

From The Dust said:
There's a reason why I'm just going to watch their press conference after work. I don't want to get fired.

Boney said:
the fuck is that

wint1105811.jpg

One question I don't believe has been raised(partly because its impossible to answer) is how much memory the controller itself will house. I'm not sure how much the wiimote has, but being able to stream games along with housing Miis(most likely) and possibly even fully storing could call for something really nice...

abstract alien said:
One question I don't believe has been raised(partly because its impossible to answer) is how much memory the controller itself will house. I'm not sure how much the wiimote has, but being able to stream games along with housing Miis(most likely) and possibly even fully storing could call for something really nice...

most likely a couple of MBs since it streams, it doesn't need a whole lot. I'd wait for someone more experienced than me to say what they thing though

HYDE

Banned
Trying to get things back on Nintendo's console, I'd like to know whether people would prefer an all new 2D adventure(like I do) for Metroid or a 3D one instead. Or better yet, both. I can't help to think how awesome Super Metroid would be on an HD system.

Hiltz

There's nothing quite like E3.

A time for megaton announcements, epic disappointments, and embarrassing situations.

BRING IT ON.

Emitan

HYDE said:
Trying to get things back on Nintendo's console, I'd like to know whether people would prefer an all new 2D adventure(like I do) for Metroid or a 3D one instead. Or better yet, both. I can't help to think how awesome Super Metroid would be on an HD system.
2D for sure. As much praise as the Prime games get (and Other M from Boney :p), they're not even close to the perfection of Super Metroid.

Hiltz said:
There's nothing quite like E3.

A time for megaton announcements, epic disappointments, and embarrassing situations.

BRING IT ON.
Is your family ready for Reggie's Stream?

HYDE

Banned
Billychu said:
2D for sure. As much praise as the Prime games get (and Other M from Boney :p), they're not even close to the perfection of Super Metroid.

I love the sense of speed that 2D allows, and I would absolutely love the return of Samus remade or a sequel to Fusion. Hell, I'd even love a retelling of Super (like Zero Mission) with the SR388 section as a prequel included. Instead of having an ending sequence like Zero Mission had, make it a beginning sequence that retells Metroid 2 and leads you into Super Metroid. If none of that happens, I'd love to be able to fight all the types of Metroids (ala the Return of Samus) and have the spiderball again.

If eradicating the Metroid's brought the X Parasite, then eradicating the X Virus could allow Metroid's to once again thrive, no? I'd love to experience SR-388 again and all evolutions of the Metroids. Sucks that the planet was destroyed in Fusion though, so I don't know how it could be possible to do this.

Instro

HYDE said:

I like Prime almost as much as Super personally, but Super Metroid HD remake would be godlike. It'll be interesting to see where they go with the series next.

HYDE

Banned
Instro said:
I like Prime almost as much as Super personally, but Super Metroid HD remake would be godlike. It'll be interesting to see where they go with the series next.

As do I, Prime and Super Metroid are incredible. I just wish Prime could have included a couple more classic bosses is all (such as the concept of Kraid). Bring on 2Dread, and let it have the spiderball please.

maeda

I think they should shelf Metroid for a generation. It seems that Nintendo doesn't really know what to do with the series... It's time to bring back some other old franchises... I wouldn't mind if they started us giving less Mario, because we really are getting spoiled with all the Mario awesomeness...
I was also thinking about the certain Cafe Zelda. If they are going for more traditional controls with Cafe does that mean we will get a Zelda without Motion controls? Wouldn't it be a step back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom