• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii 2 Specs leaked: To be innards of TI-83 Calculator, comes with packet of crisps!

TheOddOne

Exclusive: Wii 2 specs leaked, Blu-ray enabled and 1080p support?
This is a nice exclusive we have here at MaxConsole courtesy of Artik from www.Logic-sunrise.com on the Wii 2. The actual information is said to have been leaked from an internal source of the marketing Nintendo France Service. Unlucky for them, this kind of information should stay internal, but that's not our philosophy.

- The Wii2 system will feature a Blu-Ray drive with a secondary aim of stopping piracy.
- 1080P and lower resolutions will be supported, for blu-ray movies and games.
- The release date is scheduled for third quarter of 2010.
- The release will be worldwide and on the same day for all countries.
- A scheme will be available in which it is possible to trade in the original Wii for a cheaper price on the new Wii 2.

Moreover, Nintendo wants to make a worlwide annoucement, only one month before release date. Huge publicity and Viral Marketing will be utilized to create the Buzz. Official pictures are not yet available, and more specs will be released in due course.

Why do we believe it at all ?

* Artik from Logic-Sunrise.com has regularly provided news to MaxConsole and has a lot of 'insider' contacts.

* Nintendo has suggested that it's time they embraced high definition technology for the Wii and Blu-ray has firmly established itself. So a Wii 2 with Blu-ray support does make sense.
Looks more like a wishlist?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Nice thead title. :lol

EDIT: Boooo, he fixed it before anyone can reply and force him to live with his mistake.

2aa0tw5.jpg

CoolS

Two main reasons I think this is not true:

- Will be announced one month before release. I know Nintendo kind of does this with it's games nowadasy, but come on.

- will play BR movies. Doesn't sound like Nintendo AT ALL

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
thuway said:
Will we still have friend codes?

they'll do you one better - movie codes. you can only watch a blu ray movie if you've got the code to unlock it.

where you get these codes, you say? well....

each Wii2 will come with its own triangular dilation crystal which, when a light is shown through it, different colors will appear across your eyes. In a marquee, a slew of numbers will appear once and only once. if you do not have every character correct on the first entry of the code the wii2 will lock out the movie for all eternity.

androvsky

I do hope Nintendo realizes that the blu-ray drive isn't going to stop piracy. The reason there's no piracy on the PS3 has a lot more to do with using a modern IBM cpu with a decent hypervisor; the 360 probably would have a lot less piracy if it didn't use off the self DVD drives.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
:lol

I wanted to post a witty gif or picture but this is too funny. So a lol should suffice.

:lol :lol

Baker

Banned
A scheme will be available in which it is possible to trade in the original Wii for a cheaper price on the new Wii 2.
Wii 2 is just two duct taped Wiis confirmed.

1080P and lower resolutions will be supported, for blu-ray movies and games.
That means the games will still be 480i, just your fancy movies might get 1080p.

thuway

PSh fuck all you guys. You know your going to buy it if Zelda Wii2 HD comes out on it.

However, I still don't understand why Nintendo wants to fuck up a good thing. They are knee deep in the cash cow right now. Why would they care about chasing the hardcore gamer now that they have migrated to 360 / PS3? This will be like the Gamecube and Xbox launch post Ps2 all over again.

Puck

Banned
it just simply isn't nintendo like to support the latest and greatest technologies.

it won't have a blu-ray.

Cygnus X-1

Lol.

Nintendo will not talk about any specs at all. And leaks will be available only a few weeks before shipment when some crazy dude will open the system just for watching the CPU/GPU.

Like what happened with the Wii.

Tamanon

Banned
Vinci said:
Do MS and Sony make it a habit of letting you trade in their previous system for the new one?

Gamestop certainly does.

Also, I hear the packet of crisps is a timed exclusive only.

Magik

So Nintendo's answer to stopping piracy is to simply use a Blu-ray drive? You would think their main priority would be to actually create a proper OS to deal with exploits.

It would be so awesome to have a Nintendo system that is back to traditional form.

I could only imagine a system where you can play all the top third party releases with graphic parity to the other two systems as well as being able to count on Nintendos first party. If they pull that off again that would be excellent.

Top Bottom