Wii emulator can do 720p HD

top left quarter of the screen is all pixelated. not seeing any options that fix that either... haven't tried running it in d3d though. it takes a specially compiled version of dolphin to run it too... which i got from here







it's a very different game to the PC/360/PS3 version... but i have to say i do like the art style all the same. dunno if it's playable on mouse and keyboard with the way the wrangling works though. works great with the wiiremote.

runs slower than it runs on the wii. unsurprisingly.
 
VanMardigan said:
Have they fixed the audio issues on Nintendo games yet? I know the Zelda's didn't work with audio (WW and TP).
I'm interested in this as well, I've been trying my GC games on this lately and when I saw WW fell in love again with it.

I didn't find anything googling, so is there any solution or we'll have to wait?
 
K' Dash said:
I'm interested in this as well, I've been trying my GC games on this lately and when I saw WW fell in love again with it.

I didn't find anything googling, so is there any solution or we'll have to wait?
"Here's what I know: There's two sound codes, AX and non-AX. The DSP documentation
has not been distributed outside of Nintendo so only they can make new sound codes,
and they made two of them. One called AX that SDK users use, and another one for
themselves that many of their games use, for example Mario, Zelda, Pikmin and other
games. The HLE plugin is close to emulating the AX code fully, there's just a few
bugs left. But the non-AX code is not emulated at all by the HLE plugin, except for
one or two boot mails that you can find in UCode_Zelda.cpp.

The non-AX code has been converted to C code to some extent, but not well enough to
make a HLE plugin out of it as I understand it. So the first step towards getting
sound in Zelda is for example to make a non-AX game boot when you use the LLE
plugin. Currently all non-AX games freeze after a second or two as the non-AX code
ends up in the HALT function that stops all execution. So something goes wrong
during the first mail communications.

There's several things one could do next, (i) try to make sense of the mail
communication and find the incorrect mails. The mails in the HLE plugin looked
simple but in the LLE plugin there was something like 20 different mails before HALT
and I could not understand any of them. (ii) Check if the non-AX code has opcodes
that the AX code don't and find out if any of them fail and in that case try to fix
them. (iii) Start making HLE versions of frequently executed opcodes and hope that
luck strikes so that it fixes the emulation."
some sound recently appeared in mario kart and some other games i think but its twice the speed so sounds really bad but its progress

 
Wow is all I can say. Not sure if I'd be banned for saying I hope Wii HD comes out (haven't followed the wii rules and I figure it could possibly be a bannable statement due to rumors by now).
 

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Basileus777 said:
For this sort of emulation the CPU is more important than the GPU. You'll need a fast multi-core processor.

does the emulator benefit from tri or quadcore cpus ?
 

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
cw_sasuke said:
does the emulator benefit from tri or quadcore cpus ?
absolutely. you can barely run metroid on a dual core, the extra cores make it much more doable.
 

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
mattiewheels said:
absolutely. you can barely run metroid on a dual core, the extra cores make it much more doable.
ah thx, would you say a quad core phenom with 4850 could run most supported games on +50fps ?
 
kinda simliar to my recent post in the ps2 emu thread...
so is it worth it? now can the wii emu use a normal gamepad just fine like a 360 controller for games like Tatsunoko vs. Capcom or Super Mario Galaxy? Those are the only wii titles i can think of that I would want to play.... ALso if that doesnt fair out well with my macbook, how about the GC (dolphin) emu? I would like to have perfect playing Smash melee, wind waker, and twilight princess....
 
DieH@rd said:
Anyone knows what is the state of REmake and RE0 emulation? Are the glitches still there?
They work perfectly. There are some glitches when using save states but most people managed to complete the games on Dolphin emu witnout problems. The only thing I'm unsure is whether the newest version of the emulator fixes the sound lag issue in RE0 when opening doors, choosing options etc.
 
Splatt said:
They work perfectly. There are some glitches when using save states but most people managed to complete the games on Dolphin emu witnout problems. The only thing I'm unsure is whether the newest version of the emulator fixes the sound lag issue in RE0 when opening doors, choosing options etc.
Thanks, that is great news.
 
ant1532 said:
kinda simliar to my recent post in the ps2 emu thread...
so is it worth it? now can the wii emu use a normal gamepad just fine like a 360 controller for games like Tatsunoko vs. Capcom or Super Mario Galaxy? Those are the only wii titles i can think of that I would want to play.... ALso if that doesnt fair out well with my macbook, how about the GC (dolphin) emu? I would like to have perfect playing Smash melee, wind waker, and twilight princess....
the dolphin emu is more demanding then the PS2 emu.
 

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
cw_sasuke said:
ah thx, would you say a quad core phenom with 4850 could run most supported games on +50fps ?
i have no idea (don't even really know what you're talking about :lol), but my dual core 2.4ghz runs most games flawlessly, so the more intensive games should definitely run a lot smoother on twice as many cores (if that means twice the speed, i guess).
 
ant1532 said:
kinda simliar to my recent post in the ps2 emu thread...
so is it worth it? now can the wii emu use a normal gamepad just fine like a 360 controller for games like Tatsunoko vs. Capcom or Super Mario Galaxy? Those are the only wii titles i can think of that I would want to play.... ALso if that doesnt fair out well with my macbook, how about the GC (dolphin) emu? I would like to have perfect playing Smash melee, wind waker, and twilight princess....
No, it doesn't directly support gamepads, you gotta use something like xpadder to make your gamepad type keys. Oh and SMG doesn't work yet, but Tatsunoko works decently I suppose.
 

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
To be honest, I don't find the game any more stunning in 720p than it already was in 480p/i. I don't find it crisper in the video, and in fact, going by the screenshots above my post, the game is uglier in 720p. The 2D HUD and the low-res textures in particular stick out.

I'll keep my 480i SMG, thank you very much.
 
Kilrogg said:
To be honest, I don't find the game any more stunning in 720p than it already was in 480p/i. I don't find it crisper in the video, and in fact, going by the screenshots above my post, the game is uglier in 720p. The 2D HUD and the low-res textures in particular stick out.

I'll keep my 480i SMG, thank you very much.
Uh huh.
 

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Kilrogg said:
To be honest, I don't find the game any more stunning in 720p than it already was in 480p/i. I don't find it crisper in the video, and in fact, going by the screenshots above my post, the game is uglier in 720p. The 2D HUD and the low-res textures in particular stick out.

I'll keep my 480i SMG, thank you very much.
errrr
 

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Eh, all I'm saying is that I'm not mind-blown by the video and screenshots. But in fairness, it probably helps that I have an SDTV :D.
 

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
HisshouBuraiKen said:
I don't follow, I have an SDTV too and those screens look amazing to me.
Who said you had to agree with me? I am not impressed. Doesn't mean you shouldn't! I just, you know, voiced my opinion.
 

suffah

Does maths and stuff
Kilrogg said:
Eh, all I'm saying is that I'm not mind-blown by the video and screenshots. But in fairness, it probably helps that I have an SDTV :D.
Please get your eyes checked. Are you one of those people that thinks upscaled DVDs are on par with blurays?
 

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
It still doesn't look like it's rendering right. Peaty Piranha is too glossy, and I don't remember him looking that shiny, along with a few things here and there that look like they're missing shaders / not rending correctly.

But overall it's so gorgeous. Nice and crisp. What I'd give for a Wii that outputs at this.
 
Aadil said:
Will brain_stew's budget PCs be sufficient to run this emulator?
I would recommend not unlocking any other cores in the CPU and overclocking the existing two cores as high as you can get them. 3.1Ghz is pretty nice but higher is always better.
 
Hey guys, I need to know where to get a good version of this emulator, and what I need to run and play the games? Those mario Galaxy screens are ridiculous.
 
Kilrogg said:
Who said you had to agree with me? I am not impressed. Doesn't mean you shouldn't! I just, you know, voiced my opinion.
Voicing such opinions such as these may be used against you to invalidate any future opinions you may have on anything.

Just so you know.
 
Kilrogg said:
To be honest, I don't find the game any more stunning in 720p than it already was in 480p/i. I don't find it crisper in the video, and in fact, going by the screenshots above my post, the game is uglier in 720p. The 2D HUD and the low-res textures in particular stick out.

I'll keep my 480i SMG, thank you very much.
I don't get it. The textures and hud are still the same but you're just seeing them more clearer now. And on some HDTVs you get image degradation from upscaling. My HDTV doesn't like the Wii, the colors bleed. Other 480i/p consoles work fine. Can't wait to try my gcn and wii games in HD with AA/AF.
 
Ploid 3.0 said:
Wow is all I can say. Not sure if I'd be banned for saying I hope Wii HD comes out (haven't followed the wii rules and I figure it could possibly be a bannable statement due to rumors by now).
It's a sad day when saying you want wii hd is a possible ban offense.

But anyways, I absolutely hope Wii HD comes true.