• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii emulator can do 720p HD

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Jul 22, 2009
Stallion Free said:
Finished up another dungeon in Wind Waker.
Screw you man, now I'm going to stop playing till I can find out if I can get a decent PC next month. *waits a week* ):

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Jan 21, 2009
Connecticut, U.S.
steamcommunity.com
54-46! said:
What build and settings are you using? PC specs? FPS? :)
I'm just using 2.0 because it's perfectly fine for WW (although I test out new builds fairly often because they don't install, they are just folders). I have a Q9400 clocked at 3.6 ghz, 4 gb ram, and a 1 gb 5850. It have only seen the framerate dip below 30 once otherwise it stays locked there (that is running at 100% speed, anything higher will seem like it's in fast forward). It looks gorgeous and plays fantastically on a X360 controller. The only graphical issue I have hit was the heatwaves in the first dungeon. Kinda frustrating, but those segments are surprisingly short if you are familiar with the dungeon. Those shots are taken at 1080p with 4x SSAA and then downsized to 900p so that they fit on my screen when browsing Neogaf without having to scroll to the side. The boss from the last temple looked fucking spectacular.

Sanjay

Nov 28, 2005
Leicester
Stallion Free said:
Those shots are taken at 1080p with 4x SSAA and then downsized to 900p so that they fit on my screen when browsing Neogaf without having to scroll to the side. The boss from the last temple looked fucking spectacular.
Screw you! I use Opera fit to width, we demand native 1080p pictures and not watered down console resolution levels.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Jan 21, 2009
Connecticut, U.S.
steamcommunity.com
So I got all my stuff and now I have a Wiimote/motion plus setup for use in Dolphin. It's fucking insanely good. I have been testing out a bunch of games and it plays fantastic. If you have Dolphin set up you need to get the bluetooth adaptor/bluetooth software/wireless sensor bar to use your Wiimote. Also, a number of the light gun games like Umbrella Chronicles didn't feel that great with the slight delay when using the mouse feel great with the with the Wiimote.

JADS

Jan 20, 2007
Stallion Free said:
Damn it's nice to be able to use motion plus in the emulator. Check out some Wii Sports Resort:
I have always found it funny how the emulator cant render the Mii's eyes yet :lol

honeymustardn

Mar 30, 2009
Just had a play around with it:

That's about as far as I managed to get... FPS seemed to be at about 30, but the sound came out of sync. Need to play about with the settings.

edit: I have an intel i5 750 and an ATI 4850, will they be ok?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Sep 9, 2006
Where is the gap gpu wise ? is a 5770 in combination with a phenom x4 965 capable of playing some game in 1080p ? Or does the emu benefit from stronger gpus like the 5850 ?

Durante

Oct 1, 2006
peter.metaclassofnil.com
It always benefits from stronger GPUs since you can eg. run games at 1080p with 9x SSAA (a nice 5760x3240 rendering resolution). But to simply play games at say 720p with lower levels of AA a 5770 should be plenty. CPU performance is more important.

anx10us

Jun 10, 2007
cw_sasuke said:
Where is the gap gpu wise ? is a 5770 in combination with a phenom x4 965 capable of playing some game in 1080p ? Or does the emu benefit from stronger gpus like the 5850 ?
This is the exact rig I've gone for, 4GB ram, Windows 7 x64, only had the emulator running an hour or so but SMG in 1080p looks amazing ....

besiktas1

Jan 9, 2007
anx10us said:
This is the exact rig I've gone for, 4GB ram, Windows 7 x64, only had the emulator running an hour or so but SMG in 1080p looks amazing ....
Sorry to be finicky but I think your avatar might have spoilers in it :) Maybe you should change it for others (I've seen that part).

besiktas1

Jan 9, 2007
Just took these, looks soo pretty, too bad at the racers problems (can fix by changing texture > ram, then games looks ass)

Nabs

Nov 3, 2006
besiktas1 said:
dx9, is it better to use opengl?
dx9 is awesome (i use it exclusively), but you may have to switch to opengl for this game.
edit: or change between texture and ram (copy efb to).

Rich!

Dec 16, 2009
Anony said:
what are the graphics settings

having trouble connecting wiimote as well
It's best not to use the default windows bluetooth stack. I use the Toshiba one, works perfectly.

Rich!

Dec 16, 2009
besiktas1 said:
Just took these, looks soo pretty, too bad at the racers problems (can fix by changing texture > ram, then games looks ass)

To be totally honest, if you have a PC that can run that game emulated on Dolphin, you might as well just get the PC version of Sega All Star Racing. :lol

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Jan 29, 2008
Australia
Mary mother of christ this Wind Waker shot you posted is amazing.

Wallpaper get!

ntropy

Apr 25, 2008
love the tower ss, my favorite area too. that boss was tricky
if you don't use auto-aim

Nottyboxers

Jul 14, 2005
I'm having troubles getting my Wii Remote to work with my PC. I bought a decent Belkin Bluetooth receiver and GlovePIE but it keeps dropping it within a minute. I never had problems with my Macbook and connecting my Wii Remote. Does anyone have any advice for me? I really want to start using my Classic Controller Pro with Psychonauts that I bought off Steam.

Platy

Nov 26, 2009
Brazil
A friend is having some probelms with Twilight Princess ... really at the begining of the game the game crashes and appears a "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding, but has succesfully recovered" message ... he is using Dolphin 2.0 .... anyone knows what it can be ?

He disabled safe texture cache .. with it enabled he said it crashed after 5 seconds =P

Kenka

Feb 20, 2007
Switzerland
Those Wind Waker pics have have about the same impact on my retina as any Crysis bullshots back in the days when it was first unveiled.

Leatherface

Mar 28, 2005
MA
disguisethecurse.bandcamp.com
Stallion Free said:
So I got all my stuff and now I have a Wiimote/motion plus setup for use in Dolphin. It's fucking insanely good. I have been testing out a bunch of games and it plays fantastic. If you have Dolphin set up you need to get the bluetooth adaptor/bluetooth software/wireless sensor bar to use your Wiimote. Also, a number of the light gun games like Umbrella Chronicles didn't feel that great with the slight delay when using the mouse feel great with the with the Wiimote.
Do you have some links for the stuff you bought? I'm thinking of giving this a try. thanks. :)

Darkflight

Sep 2, 2007
Goddamn you, I have far too much to play to be contemplating playing Wind Waker again, but that looks sooooooooo good.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Jan 21, 2009
Connecticut, U.S.
steamcommunity.com
Leatherface said:
Do you have some links for the stuff you bought? I'm thinking of giving this a try. thanks. :)
I'm using the bluetooth adaptor that came with an Logitech MX5500 M&KB combo that I ended up not liking :lol and the Nyko Wireless Sensor bar. I don't suggest purchasing an M&KB combo to get the bluetooth adaptor unless you are looking for a new M&KB, so here is a list of the bluetooth adaptors that work well that I chose from: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/List_of_Working_Bluetooth_Devices

bridegur

Sep 8, 2004
To me, Wind Waker looks better than most PS3/360 games at that resolution. Amazing.

I've asked this before and never received a response: are the latest iMacs even close to capable of running Dolphin at decent speeds in Bootcamp?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Jan 21, 2009
Connecticut, U.S.
steamcommunity.com
bridegur said:
To me, Wind Waker looks better than most PS3/360 games at that resolution. Amazing.

I've asked this before and never received a response: are the latest iMacs even close to capable of running Dolphin at decent speeds in Bootcamp?
No idea, I don't use Macs at all and have no gaming buddies who use them either.

Reallink

Jan 7, 2008
Hey Stallion, what build and settings do you use to play WW--particularly to get the widescreen hack to work.