Wii emulator can do 720p HD

54-46! said:
What build and settings are you using? PC specs? FPS? :)
I'm just using 2.0 because it's perfectly fine for WW (although I test out new builds fairly often because they don't install, they are just folders). I have a Q9400 clocked at 3.6 ghz, 4 gb ram, and a 1 gb 5850. It have only seen the framerate dip below 30 once otherwise it stays locked there (that is running at 100% speed, anything higher will seem like it's in fast forward). It looks gorgeous and plays fantastically on a X360 controller. The only graphical issue I have hit was the heatwaves in the first dungeon. Kinda frustrating, but those segments are surprisingly short if you are familiar with the dungeon. Those shots are taken at 1080p with 4x SSAA and then downsized to 900p so that they fit on my screen when browsing Neogaf without having to scroll to the side. The boss from the last temple looked fucking spectacular.
 
Nov 28, 2005
7,587
0
1,025
34
Leicester
Stallion Free said:
Those shots are taken at 1080p with 4x SSAA and then downsized to 900p so that they fit on my screen when browsing Neogaf without having to scroll to the side. The boss from the last temple looked fucking spectacular.
Screw you! I use Opera fit to width, we demand native 1080p pictures and not watered down console resolution levels.
 
So I got all my stuff and now I have a Wiimote/motion plus setup for use in Dolphin. It's fucking insanely good. I have been testing out a bunch of games and it plays fantastic. If you have Dolphin set up you need to get the bluetooth adaptor/bluetooth software/wireless sensor bar to use your Wiimote. Also, a number of the light gun games like Umbrella Chronicles didn't feel that great with the slight delay when using the mouse feel great with the with the Wiimote.
 
Mar 30, 2009
444
0
0
Just had a play around with it:



That's about as far as I managed to get... FPS seemed to be at about 30, but the sound came out of sync. Need to play about with the settings.

edit: I have an intel i5 750 and an ATI 4850, will they be ok?
 

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Sep 9, 2006
27,410
1
0
Where is the gap gpu wise ? is a 5770 in combination with a phenom x4 965 capable of playing some game in 1080p ? Or does the emu benefit from stronger gpus like the 5850 ?
 
Jun 10, 2007
316
0
0
cw_sasuke said:
Where is the gap gpu wise ? is a 5770 in combination with a phenom x4 965 capable of playing some game in 1080p ? Or does the emu benefit from stronger gpus like the 5850 ?
This is the exact rig I've gone for, 4GB ram, Windows 7 x64, only had the emulator running an hour or so but SMG in 1080p looks amazing ....
 
Jan 9, 2007
4,091
0
0
anx10us said:
This is the exact rig I've gone for, 4GB ram, Windows 7 x64, only had the emulator running an hour or so but SMG in 1080p looks amazing ....
Sorry to be finicky but I think your avatar might have spoilers in it :) Maybe you should change it for others (I've seen that part).
 
Dec 16, 2009
29,978
2
0
besiktas1 said:
Just took these, looks soo pretty, too bad at the racers problems (can fix by changing texture > ram, then games looks ass)







To be totally honest, if you have a PC that can run that game emulated on Dolphin, you might as well just get the PC version of Sega All Star Racing. :lol
 
Jul 14, 2005
123
0
0
I'm having troubles getting my Wii Remote to work with my PC. I bought a decent Belkin Bluetooth receiver and GlovePIE but it keeps dropping it within a minute. I never had problems with my Macbook and connecting my Wii Remote. Does anyone have any advice for me? I really want to start using my Classic Controller Pro with Psychonauts that I bought off Steam.
 
Nov 26, 2009
37,157
3
0
Brazil
A friend is having some probelms with Twilight Princess ... really at the begining of the game the game crashes and appears a "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding, but has succesfully recovered" message ... he is using Dolphin 2.0 .... anyone knows what it can be ?

He disabled safe texture cache .. with it enabled he said it crashed after 5 seconds =P
 
Stallion Free said:
So I got all my stuff and now I have a Wiimote/motion plus setup for use in Dolphin. It's fucking insanely good. I have been testing out a bunch of games and it plays fantastic. If you have Dolphin set up you need to get the bluetooth adaptor/bluetooth software/wireless sensor bar to use your Wiimote. Also, a number of the light gun games like Umbrella Chronicles didn't feel that great with the slight delay when using the mouse feel great with the with the Wiimote.
Do you have some links for the stuff you bought? I'm thinking of giving this a try. thanks. :)
 
Leatherface said:
Do you have some links for the stuff you bought? I'm thinking of giving this a try. thanks. :)
I'm using the bluetooth adaptor that came with an Logitech MX5500 M&KB combo that I ended up not liking :lol and the Nyko Wireless Sensor bar. I don't suggest purchasing an M&KB combo to get the bluetooth adaptor unless you are looking for a new M&KB, so here is a list of the bluetooth adaptors that work well that I chose from: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/List_of_Working_Bluetooth_Devices
 
Sep 8, 2004
3,306
0
0
To me, Wind Waker looks better than most PS3/360 games at that resolution. Amazing.

I've asked this before and never received a response: are the latest iMacs even close to capable of running Dolphin at decent speeds in Bootcamp?
 
bridegur said:
To me, Wind Waker looks better than most PS3/360 games at that resolution. Amazing.

I've asked this before and never received a response: are the latest iMacs even close to capable of running Dolphin at decent speeds in Bootcamp?
No idea, I don't use Macs at all and have no gaming buddies who use them either.