• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii emulator can do 720p HD

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I might hold off on getting further into these games until I get my Wiimote all set up. Until then, Star Fox Assault goodness (let us not forget teh Cube):

Dolphin%202010-04-17%2022-18-42-26.jpg

Dolphin%202010-04-17%2022-21-24-07.jpg

Dolphin%202010-04-17%2022-21-30-11.jpg

Dolphin%202010-04-17%2022-27-58-37.jpg

Weenerz

Banned
How are you guys controlling the games? I tried using the 360 remote, it just didn't feel right. Are you using blue tooth adapters and actual wii-mote/nunchuk combos?

besiktas1

Got everything installed up, set up using recommended config (I'm playing in 1080p) etc.

What are the best plugins I should install?
e.g. make games super smooth, maybe even the 3D red cyan plugin too.

Thanks for help

:)

Dash

In the newest revision, the music in Mario Galaxy just randomly stops after a minute or so of playing a level. I have a ATI 5870 and an i5 @ 4.0Ghz. Has anyone encountered the issue before?

Vega$

Banned
OuterWorldVoice said:
It's because the Wii graphics and CPU hardware is in some ways about nine years old. Generation argument is moot.
Its about 9 years old, but yet the emulator isn't perfect, and my guess you need a high end computer to run it good. ??

Stallion Free said:
Seeing as how popular the Super Paper Mario screens were, here are a couple more I had grabbed from the start:

Wow, I can't believe how great that looks in HD. How are the characters staying so sharp?

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I need to get an awesome computer one of these days. Wind Waker and Super Paper Mario look too awesome.

EDIT: Fuck it I'll go to the PC building thread if I get into this study. Expect to see me asking what the fuck I'm supposed to do mid-next month if I do!

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Wave Race: Blue Storm running full speed with some sound issue (the motor is inaudible). Other than that, it's perfect:

1nbs4.jpg

2xx84.jpg

Zomba13

Damn SFA and SPM look great. Whats your system like and how well do they run?
I've been playing some NMH2 at 1680x1050 with the speed hack and it looks great and runs great but the sound is out of sync in the cutscences. Would be nice if there was a way to get rid of the fuzzy filter screen thing while still showing the HUD (you can move past it with he free move enabled but its where all the HUD elements are) Looks fantastic past that but makes it awkward to play not being able to see life andwhat not.

Vinlaen

Does Super Mario Galaxy run very slow during certain parts?

I can't seem to get a straight answer on this but I'm using the latest version of Dolphin (compiled by myself from the SVN last night), and Super Mario Galaxy sometimes shows 30 FPS and 60 VPS.

For example, in the opening scene of the game where bowser attacks the town the game appears to be running at half speed. This also occurs in the "level select" area.

However, once I get into a level I usually get 60 FPS and 60 VPS.

I don't think my system is the problem but I have no idea...

Here's my specs:

Intel C2D E8400 @ 4.0 GHz
8 GB RAM
Win7 x64
GTX 285

Thanks for any help...

Vinlaen said:
Does Super Mario Galaxy run very slow during certain parts?

I can't seem to get a straight answer on this but I'm using the latest version of Dolphin (compiled by myself from the SVN last night), and Super Mario Galaxy sometimes shows 30 FPS and 60 VPS.

For example, in the opening scene of the game where bowser attacks the town the game appears to be running at half speed. This also occurs in the "level select" area.

However, once I get into a level I usually get 60 FPS and 60 VPS.

I don't think my system is the problem but I have no idea...

Here's my specs:

Intel C2D E8400 @ 4.0 GHz
8 GB RAM
Win7 x64
GTX 285

Thanks for any help...

For most of us, yes, SMG does run slowly at some points, mainly in the observatory. However, that the CPU at those clocks you shouldn't be running into much lag. I suspect your settings need tweaking. take a look at this and compare your settings and make sure you are using the DX plugin.

My question: I have an AMD Athlon II X3 clocked at 3.3GHz and I'm considering an upgrade. Would something like the new 1090T x6 provide more performance? Not so much for the extra cores, but the L3 cache and higher clocks. Or, should I go with something like an X4 9550 BE. Keep in mind this is not just for dolphin but also GTA4 and most likely Crysis 2 which I imagine will be quite CPU intensive.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Hmm, No More Heroes doesn't seem to want to go past the first sequence:

No%20More%20Heroes%2001.jpg

No%20More%20Heroes%2002.jpg

And out of curiosity, Wii Sports. Runs flawlessly performance wise, but doesn't always render the eyes:

Wii%20Sports%2001.jpg

Wii%20Sports%2002.jpg

Wii%20Sports%2003.jpg

Wii%20Sports%2004.jpg

Wii%20Sports%2005.jpg

Dash

So am I the only one having the music (but not the sound effects) suddenly stop after one loop in Mario Galaxy :/?

Dash

Stallion Free said:
It's actually working perfect for me on 2.0.

That's the version I'm using. As I have a i5 750 @ 4.0 and a 5870, I can't imagine it being my hardware. I'm using direct3d, with 2.5xSSAA, 16x AF, V-sync with frame limit off and copy EFB to texture. The music always stops after I use one of those stars that sends you flying. What settings are you using?

cacildo

Stallion Free said:
And out of curiosity, Wii Sports. Runs flawlessly performance wise, but doesn't always render the eyes:

Wii sports pictures looks amazing.
I love wii sports art style. Its clean and fun. Better resolution dosent change the gameplay, but i sure wish we could play it in 720p

By the way...

Can you take this personal request....

And post some Link´s Crossbow training HD pictures?

Some random pictures, but especially level 1-1??

ArjanN

Stallion Free said:
Hmm, No More Heroes doesn't seem to want to go past the first sequence:

There was a workaround for that (a savegame I think) floating around the offical forums to bypass that part. There was also a speedhack.

Nabs

cacildo said:
Wii sports pictures looks amazing.
I love wii sports art style. Its clean and fun. Better resolution dosent change the gameplay, but i sure wish we could play it in 720p

By the way...

Can you take this personal request....

And post some Link´s Crossbow training HD pictures?

Some random pictures, but especially level 1-1??

i actually have a copy of that, gimme a sec to rip it and i'll post some pics.

cacildo

Nabs said:
i actually have a copy of that, gimme a sec to rip it and i'll post some pics.

Thanks. It really impresses me how this first level looks like crap (plants and trees) and i always wanted to see it in HD.

Nabs

here are some pics from 1-1, 1-2 and 1-3. if you want more just let me know. the game runs very well.

and a couple extra:

dolphin2010-04-1922-10t65q.jpg

dolphin2010-04-1922-113uxy.jpg

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I'll go dig up my copy of Crossbow and rip it as well, but for the time being, here is some Twilight Princess while we are in Zelda mode. Unfortunately, the map is glitchy in 2.0 :(

Zelda%20TP%2001.jpg

Zelda%20TP%2002.jpg

Zelda%20TP%2003.jpg

Zelda%20TP%2004.jpg

cacildo

Thanks everybody. The shots really look great, especialy in comparsion with the unpleasent sight this first stage is when in SD resolution

Really, when in SD, the trees and plants all mix together in something that looks like knit stiches

Once again, thank you both very much

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, played the opening at a buddy's house and really liked it, borrowed and never took the time to dig into it. But holy shit it looks nice here. Except the shadows tend to start breaking :(

Silent%20Hill%2001.jpg

Silent%20Hill%2002.jpg

Silent%20Hill%2006.jpg

Silent%20Hill%2007.jpg

Haunted

Unsurprisingly, the clean Wii Sports/Wii Play art style translates well to higher resolutions. Clean and simple does it.

Also :eek: at Starfox. Loved the Arwing levels.

JADS

Stallion Free said:
I'll go dig up my copy of Crossbow and rip it as well, but for the time being, here is some Twilight Princess while we are in Zelda mode. Unfortunately, the map is glitchy in 2.0 :(
[/img]

Disable safe texture cache

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
JADS said:
Disable safe texture cache

Yay! It worked! Here are some screens in gratitude. Also, I ordered a bluetooth dongle that is internet certified to work with a Wiimote and a wireless sensor bar
and I was seduced into buying a black Wiimote/Motion Plus bundle and black nunchuck :(
. Hopefully they will get here soon and then I will make a list of games I feel work well enough to play through on the emu and then let you guys vote based on what screens you want the most. Also also, I was testing Wind Waker last night and couldn't figure out how to turn off the DOF effect so I PMed our boy Nacire and he said to turn off the CPU->EFB access in the DX plugin settings. That did the trick and it looks gorgeous without the pixelly backgrounds (which I had never really noticed in previous attempts at working out a good config for some reason).

Zelda%20TP%2005.jpg

Zelda%20TP%2006.jpg

Zelda%20TP%2007.jpg

Zelda%20TP%2008.jpg

Schlomo

What?! 2.0 is out for over a week? How did I miss this?

Stallion Free said:
Dash said:
So am I the only one having the music (but not the sound effects) suddenly stop after one loop in Mario Galaxy :/?
It's actually working perfect for me on 2.0.

Are you sure? That would be awesome. But I couldn't find anything about this issue being fixed in the Dolphin forums, so I can't quite believe you.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Schlomo said:
Are you sure? That would be awesome. But I couldn't find anything about this issue being fixed in the Dolphin forums, so I can't quite believe you.

All I know is that I heard music for a whole level that I was playing the other day. Of course I still get crashes on most bosses and really poor frame rates in open-gl (which doesn't crash on bosses) so the music working for me doesn't really mean much.

Metalmurphy said:
Anyone tried Monster Hunter Tri yet?

I tried the demo and it ran at 1 fps during the character selection and I wasn't interested in the game enough to try to make it work.

Erebus

Stallion Free, what graphics plugin do you use for Silent Hill? I've tried OpenGL and the shadows are glitching all over the place. DX9 makes things even worse.

I must be doing something wrong. :(

Top Bottom