• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii emulator can do 720p HD

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
54-46! said:
What build and settings are you using? PC specs? FPS? :)

I'm just using 2.0 because it's perfectly fine for WW (although I test out new builds fairly often because they don't install, they are just folders). I have a Q9400 clocked at 3.6 ghz, 4 gb ram, and a 1 gb 5850. It have only seen the framerate dip below 30 once otherwise it stays locked there (that is running at 100% speed, anything higher will seem like it's in fast forward). It looks gorgeous and plays fantastically on a X360 controller. The only graphical issue I have hit was the heatwaves in the first dungeon. Kinda frustrating, but those segments are surprisingly short if you are familiar with the dungeon. Those shots are taken at 1080p with 4x SSAA and then downsized to 900p so that they fit on my screen when browsing Neogaf without having to scroll to the side. The boss from the last temple looked fucking spectacular.

Sanjay

Stallion Free said:
Those shots are taken at 1080p with 4x SSAA and then downsized to 900p so that they fit on my screen when browsing Neogaf without having to scroll to the side. The boss from the last temple looked fucking spectacular.

Screw you! I use Opera fit to width, we demand native 1080p pictures and not watered down console resolution levels.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
So I got all my stuff and now I have a Wiimote/motion plus setup for use in Dolphin. It's fucking insanely good. I have been testing out a bunch of games and it plays fantastic. If you have Dolphin set up you need to get the bluetooth adaptor/bluetooth software/wireless sensor bar to use your Wiimote. Also, a number of the light gun games like Umbrella Chronicles didn't feel that great with the slight delay when using the mouse feel great with the with the Wiimote.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Damn it's nice to be able to use motion plus in the emulator. Check out some Wii Sports Resort:

Wii%20Sports%20Resort%2001.jpg

Wii%20Sports%20Resort%2002.jpg

Wii%20Sports%20Resort%2003.jpg

Wii%20Sports%20Resort%2004.jpg

JADS

Stallion Free said:
Damn it's nice to be able to use motion plus in the emulator. Check out some Wii Sports Resort:

I have always found it funny how the emulator cant render the Mii's eyes yet :lol

Just had a play around with it:

xnbz9c.jpg

That's about as far as I managed to get... FPS seemed to be at about 30, but the sound came out of sync. Need to play about with the settings.

edit: I have an intel i5 750 and an ATI 4850, will they be ok?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Where is the gap gpu wise ? is a 5770 in combination with a phenom x4 965 capable of playing some game in 1080p ? Or does the emu benefit from stronger gpus like the 5850 ?

Durante

It always benefits from stronger GPUs since you can eg. run games at 1080p with 9x SSAA (a nice 5760x3240 rendering resolution). But to simply play games at say 720p with lower levels of AA a 5770 should be plenty. CPU performance is more important.

anx10us

Banned
cw_sasuke said:
Where is the gap gpu wise ? is a 5770 in combination with a phenom x4 965 capable of playing some game in 1080p ? Or does the emu benefit from stronger gpus like the 5850 ?

This is the exact rig I've gone for, 4GB ram, Windows 7 x64, only had the emulator running an hour or so but SMG in 1080p looks amazing ....

besiktas1

anx10us said:
This is the exact rig I've gone for, 4GB ram, Windows 7 x64, only had the emulator running an hour or so but SMG in 1080p looks amazing ....

Sorry to be finicky but I think your avatar might have spoilers in it :) Maybe you should change it for others (I've seen that part).

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
So even though I have my Wiimote set up and running awesomely, I am going to try to focus on finishing Wind Waker, but when I don't have a decent amount of time, I will be working through Umbrella Chronicles on the side.

Resident%20Evil%20UC%2002.jpg

Resident%20Evil%20UC%2003.jpg

Nabs

besiktas1 said:
dx9, is it better to use opengl?
dx9 is awesome (i use it exclusively), but you may have to switch to opengl for this game.
edit: or change between texture and ram (copy efb to).

Rich!

besiktas1 said:
Just took these, looks soo pretty, too bad at the racers problems (can fix by changing texture > ram, then games looks ass)

2lw0jfk.png

2rhrya9.png

qpfn2h.png

5wi97c.png

To be totally honest, if you have a PC that can run that game emulated on Dolphin, you might as well just get the PC version of Sega All Star Racing. :lol

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Mary mother of christ this Wind Waker shot you posted is amazing.

Wallpaper get!

I'm having troubles getting my Wii Remote to work with my PC. I bought a decent Belkin Bluetooth receiver and GlovePIE but it keeps dropping it within a minute. I never had problems with my Macbook and connecting my Wii Remote. Does anyone have any advice for me? I really want to start using my Classic Controller Pro with Psychonauts that I bought off Steam.

Platy

A friend is having some probelms with Twilight Princess ... really at the begining of the game the game crashes and appears a "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding, but has succesfully recovered" message ... he is using Dolphin 2.0 .... anyone knows what it can be ?

He disabled safe texture cache .. with it enabled he said it crashed after 5 seconds =P

Kenka

Those Wind Waker pics have have about the same impact on my retina as any Crysis bullshots back in the days when it was first unveiled.

Leatherface

Stallion Free said:
So I got all my stuff and now I have a Wiimote/motion plus setup for use in Dolphin. It's fucking insanely good. I have been testing out a bunch of games and it plays fantastic. If you have Dolphin set up you need to get the bluetooth adaptor/bluetooth software/wireless sensor bar to use your Wiimote. Also, a number of the light gun games like Umbrella Chronicles didn't feel that great with the slight delay when using the mouse feel great with the with the Wiimote.

Do you have some links for the stuff you bought? I'm thinking of giving this a try. thanks. :)

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Leatherface said:
Do you have some links for the stuff you bought? I'm thinking of giving this a try. thanks. :)

I'm using the bluetooth adaptor that came with an Logitech MX5500 M&KB combo that I ended up not liking :lol and the Nyko Wireless Sensor bar. I don't suggest purchasing an M&KB combo to get the bluetooth adaptor unless you are looking for a new M&KB, so here is a list of the bluetooth adaptors that work well that I chose from: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/List_of_Working_Bluetooth_Devices

bridegur

To me, Wind Waker looks better than most PS3/360 games at that resolution. Amazing.

I've asked this before and never received a response: are the latest iMacs even close to capable of running Dolphin at decent speeds in Bootcamp?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
bridegur said:
To me, Wind Waker looks better than most PS3/360 games at that resolution. Amazing.

I've asked this before and never received a response: are the latest iMacs even close to capable of running Dolphin at decent speeds in Bootcamp?

No idea, I don't use Macs at all and have no gaming buddies who use them either.

Top Bottom