• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii emulator can do 720p HD

Nabs

Vinlaen said:
I really wish that Little King's Story didn't consistently freeze every few seconds :(

they are getting closer man. just a few revs ago, the shit was a damn rave.

now you can run the game at 60fps in dx9 mode perfectly.... for about 10 seconds before the game randomly freezes! makes me sad.

hopefully someone can fix that, and also get rid of the blur effect.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Anyone know how to get the music in The Wind Waker to play better? Game is running at 100% speed/ 30 FPS, the gameplay itself is perfectly smooth but the music likes to mess up, random instruments play in the wrong rhythm and shit like that.

Other than that, wow, I'm totally gonna play this now. Kinda weird how the game has a depth of field effect though, you never notice while playing it on the Gamecube/Wii because of the low resolution :lol. At least not on the 480i only PAL version :(

Edit: Could it be that my CPU is just strong enough to emulate the graphical aspects and not the sound? D: I'm on a E8500 3.16ghz Dual Core. Mario Sunshine for example emulates perfectly, sound and everything.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Easy_D said:
Other than that, wow, I'm totally gonna play this now. Kinda weird how the game has a depth of field effect though, you never notice while playing it on the Gamecube/Wii because of the low resolution :lol. At least not on the 480i only PAL version :(

Turn off CPU to EFB access.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Nevermind, solved it, I set CPU Priority to high and it's butter smooth and music plays the way it should :)

Edit:
Stallion Free said:
Turn off CPU to EFB access.

I know about that, I was just wondering why Nintendo even put it in because you can't really see it when the game is displayed in its native resolution :) Thanks anyway, :lol

Erebus

Stallion Free said:
Here's a couple shots from the opening. The game runs at the 30 fps limit in some areas, but will drop into the teens in others. Cutscenes usually drop in fps quite a bit.

Resident%20Evil%2002.jpg

Resident%20Evil%2003.jpg

Resident%20Evil%2004.jpg
Looks so good! 30fps? I guess it's playable more or less then.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Mm, Wind Waker runs at a solid 30 FPS, well it occassionally dips
to 29
Have a screenshot.

This is on a HD5870, 4gB Ram and E8500 3.16 C2D

2s0keq0.png

Insayne

Easy_D said:
Mm, Wind Waker runs at a solid 30 FPS, well it occassionally dips
to 29
Have a screenshot.

This is on a HD5870, 4gB Ram and E8500 3.16 C2D

How did you get rid of the depth of field WW uses?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
DarkUSS said:
He said that it dips below 20fps in some areas though.

It dips down to the teens :(

Someone asked for some Metroid, so here is some Corruption. I would love for the Trilogy or even just the individual games to work and at a perfect 60 fps. The originals on the Gamecube run decently on some revisions and shit on others while Corruption has just run shit on everything. The Trilogy is breaks when you try to load up the individual games. Looks fucking gorgeous though. Can't wait to see Retro's next project.

Metroid%20Prime%203%2001.jpg

Metroid%20Prime%203%2002.jpg

Metroid%20Prime%203%2003.jpg

Metroid%20Prime%203%2004.jpg

Metroid%20Prime%203%2005.jpg

Metroid%20Prime%203%2006.jpg

...you can pick your jaws up off the floor now. Retro am god confirmed.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Insayne said:
How did you get rid of the depth of field WW uses?

Jesus christ, read some posts. Like 5 posts up I said how to do it and the guy below me quoted me. Turn off CPU to EFB access.

The depth of field/blur was in the original because it hides some of the pop in of distant islands that aren't considered large enough to always be rendered. It also smooths out the water to skybox transition at times. This works great at 480p, but the effect looks shitty at 1080p so you just have to deal with the stuff that was previously "hidden."

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Stallion Free said:
Jesus christ, read some posts. Like 5 posts up I said how to do it and the guy below me quoted me. Turn off CPU to EFB access.

The depth of field/blur was in the original because it hides some of the pop in of distant islands that aren't considered large enough to always be rendered. It also smooths out the water to skybox transition at times. This works great at 480p, but the effect looks shitty at 1080p so you just have to deal with the stuff that was previously "hidden."
I wonder why the depth of field looks so shittacular though, the heatwave effect in Mario Sunshine scales just fine with the resolution if you have the right settings.

Edit: The right settings being enabling Scaled EFB Copy

Sagitario said:
OMG! I'd love that pic without the HUD. It's would make an excellent wallpaper...

Wenn then its time to rush to the offtopic and ask someone with the photoshop CS5 trial to content aware-fill it in

Rich!

Right, I have a problem with Wind Waker.

When I start a new file, the intro cutscene starts (history of hyrule), but the music is jerky as fuck. All the settings are correct as they should be. When the story ends, it gets stuck in an endless loop, with juddering music. I can't advance any further.

I've ripped my gamesave from the gamecube memory card using the wii homebrew app, and loaded up my finished game save - and that runs 100% perfectly, at a smooth constant 30fps, barely dropping even in the battle with Ganon.

So, uh, what gives?

eosos

Banned
WindWaker-2.jpg

in return could someone tell me how to get rid of the black bars on the side of the screen when playing windwaker in 1900X1080? Also, how do I get dolphin to recognize my 360 pad properly, is there some sort of plug-in?
edit: that was shitty looking, here's try #2

The Metroid Prime games are so gorgeous.

Dolphin seems to be coming along nicely, seems like over the last year it has really advanced in a huge way.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Despite the fact that someone has beaten me to the end of the game, I am going to continue posting shots of WW with immaculate quality. I don't have enough time before class to go through all the screens of the Earth temple, but here is a teaser:

Zelda%20WW%2039.jpg

WillyFive

rj118 said:

I'd put it on par with a non-Crysis or non-Metro PC game.

The static screen makes it look like better than what the HD twins can do, especially the lack of pixely shadows and Vaseline surfaces.

Maybe with a little tinkering...

1361715-example2.jpg

mr_nothin

Banned
I wish Zelda had different difficulty settings or at least a Hard mode. I'm sick of the "1 difficulty that fits all" mentality. I want a more challenging Zelda game.

Red

Willy105 said:
I'd put it on par with a non-Crysis or non-Metro PC game.

The static screen makes it look like better than what the HD twins can do, especially the lack of pixely shadows and Vaseline surfaces.

Maybe with a little tinkering...

1361715-example2.jpg
Glorious.

I'm having trouble with Wind Waker. Dragon Roost island. I know the heat effect causes distortion, and it was tough enough getting through the temple with huge black boxes constantly blocking my view, but once I hit the first room with one of those fire-worm things (room where you need to throw water on a fire geyser) Dolphin suddenly sucks up 100% of my 6GB of memory and it's like I'm watching a slideshow. Can't get past this room. Is there a fix for this? How did everyone else progress through this part?

eosos

Banned
I took another one of The Stallion's shots and took the HUD off with some clever photoshopping, what do you think?
Windwakerfountainproto.jpg

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
eosos said:
I took another one of The Stallion's shots and took the HUD off with some clever photoshopping, what do you think?

Hey, if you want me to upload some of these shots in the raw 1080p .bmp form I take them in I don't mind doing it, just let me know which ones you want.

Top Bottom