• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii firmware updated to 3.0U (Clock on dash, minor channel changes)

JSnake

I have the clock, but I saw on the first page of this thread that there is a 'clock channel'? Is this true?

i cant access the shop channel...
nintendo said:
error code 605288
an error has occured that cannot be resolved at this time. please try again later.
wtf? all other internet channels are working fine. i also noticed that the weather channel icon is only showing the time of day (a moon).. no temperature... i dont see a "news bar" either. when i clicked on the news channel icon, i got somsthing like this: "you must access the news channel regularly for news to be displayed on this screen"

mutsu said:
Wow, is this true? If it is my friends are going to be in trouble :D Most of them has modded Wii... I am glad I don't.
I'm glad mine isn't either

zallaaa said:
there's a new warning-advice about the risk of updating the wii if it has undergone "non-authorized technical modification". at least, that's the first time I've ever seen it...

http://i18.tinypic.com/4tibak3.jpg

ITALIAN VERSION!

thats the new warning, I have US version and its new too

zallaaa said:
there's a new warning-advice about the risk of updating the wii if it has undergone "non-authorized technical modification". at least, that's the first time I've ever seen it...

<image>

ITALIAN VERSION!
I seen it too. Modders beware. Homeland security's gonn' getchu!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
wtf im getting the error code 32004 as well.

US console here and ive never had a problem updating before :(

mj1108

Cheesemeister said:
Also, there are two Capcoms in the Shop Channel. I guess the company's having an identity crisis.

That's the Capcom that likes money and the Capcom that doesn't like money.

bigmakstudios said:

wtf? all other internet channels are working fine. i also noticed that the weather channel icon is only showing the time of day (a moon).. no temperature... i dont see a "news bar" either. when i clicked on the news channel icon, i got somsthing like this: "you must access this channel regularly to..."

This is what I got at first too. Nothing unusual.

bigmakstudios said:

wtf? all other internet channels are working fine. i also noticed that the weather channel icon is only showing the time of day (a moon).. no temperature... i dont see a "news bar" either. when i clicked on the news channel icon, i got somsthing like this: "you must access this channel regularly to..."
Like me, you probably haven't had it on WiiConnect24 for a while so it hasn't downloaded that info.

JSnake

GrimReaper said:
I think that the clock is stored at the same place as the channels.

Yeah, I get a digital clock in the dashboard under the date.. But I heard there was a whole channel devoted to the clock.

Jammy

Banned
I got Error Code 32004, too. Does anybody know what it is?

Now all I want is a start-up screen that has a big Wii logo... just to give more personality.

cvxfreak

I just bought Wave Race 64 on the Japanese VC, but now I'm having download troubles.

Bleh.

They took my 1000 points too. :(

EDIT: Wow, leaving the Wii Shop Channel and returning really did the trick.

JSnake said:
Yeah, I get a digital clock in the dashboard under the date.. But I heard there was a whole channel devoted to the clock.

What I meant is if you go in "Data management" and then in the "Channels" section, you'll see that the clock is stocked in memory where all the other channels are.

Edit: Or not, I don't see it. :\

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Isn't the blue light of heaven supposed to be shining in blue? Meeeh... so much for WC24. Kinda cool updates though.

JSnake said:
Wii Drought Channel AMIRITE?

Also for those curious about the news ticker, I don't believe it'll properly use WiiConnect24 still (invisible updating). There may be a need to occasionally "Start" the channel to download all the headlines.

ethelred

EphemeralDream said:
Also for those curious about the news ticker, I don't believe it'll properly use WiiConnect24 still (invisible updating). There may be a need to occasionally "Start" the channel to download all the headlines.

Right. When I opened the news channel tonight (for the first time since I downloaded it), it said that it can't display headlines unless you connect to the channel frequently.

Relix said:
Isn't the blue light of heaven supposed to be shining in blue? Meeeh... so much for WC24. Kinda cool updates though.

Yeah... WiiConnect24 is, sadly, a massive joke, which is disappointing considering how awesomely cool it originally sounded. I shouldn't need to manually connect to download news headlines, for instance. Or manually do firmware updates.

.dmc said:
Why wouldn't it?

It doesn't.

Varshes

I was getting that same error. Tried 3 times. Then I went to "Test Connection" and it said the test was successful and prompted me to update from there, and that actually worked. So some of you might want to try that as well.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
wiiclock.jpg

.dmc

Banned
EphemeralDream said:
Wii Drought Channel AMIRITE?

Why wouldn't it? The news channel, weather channel + Everybody votes channels already use WC24.

pretty nice update

im gonna try running a game off the SD, if it works, then this is an AMAZING update.

I still want them to let me take my VC games my SD card to a friends house and play them, like link ownership to my Mii in my wiimote.

.dmc said:
Why wouldn't it? The news channel, weather channel + Everybody votes channels already use WC24.
The implementation has always felt rather broken to me. On occasion I'd click on the Forecast Channel button and I'd see the current weather but sometimes I'd need to start it up to obtain this info (my USB connector is on a good part of the day so this should be no problem). Also the headlines can sometimes take minutes to download under the News Channel making it pretty ineffective unless you wanted to devote 20 minutes to check the news more fully. If I still need to download the headlines on my own time, then why bother using WiiConnect24 for this feature.

Varshes

Okay I kinda take it back...the update worked but I get Error Code 205687 when I try to get on the the store:

"An error has occurred that cannot be resolved at this time. Please try again later."

This one isn't even on wiierror.com.

VOOK

Varshes said:
Okay I kinda take it back...the update worked but I get Error Code 205687 when I try to get on the the store:

"An error has occurred that cannot be resolved at this time. Please try again later."

This one isn't even on wiierror.com.

server keeps farting out

Oh, I just remembered. There are still no channel folders available for sorting VC games. I want all my NES games in a NES folder, and so on. Make it happen, Nintendo.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Varshes said:
I was getting that same error. Tried 3 times. Then I went to "Test Connection" and it said the test was successful and prompted me to update from there, and that actually worked. So some of you might want to try that as well.

Yea that worked for me too.

Dez

Someone tell me if this bricks a modded Wii (with a Wiikey). If so, it's time to search for a new Wii :lol. God damnit, just in time for Metroid Prime 3.

the-iek

Dez said:
Someone tell me if this bricks a modded Wii (with a Wiikey). If so, it's time to search for a new Wii :lol. God damnit, just in time for Metroid Prime 3.
i just updated successfully with a wiikey.

Dez

the-iek said:
i just updated successfully with a wiikey.

please confirm that you're not a Nintendo ninja trying to screw me over :lol. I'll wait just a little while before upgrading.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
VOOK said:
shop_menu.jpg
shop_menu3.jpg

moar pics - use in OP if you want

Man, it must suck in other territories. In the what's new section of the Japanese site they list things like upcoming games, what changed in the shopping channel and all sorts of stuff. They've been doing it since the Wii came out.

Bo130

Popular Titles in Europe:

Paper Mario
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario World
Mario Kart 64
Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Mario 64
Bomberman '93
Metroid
Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting
Sonic the Hedgehog 2

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Pac-Man
Golden Axe II
Lylat Wars
Kirby's Adventure
Donkey Kong Counter 2: Diddy Kong's Quest
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Sonic the Hedgehog
Donkey Kong
The Legend of Zelda

the-iek

Dez said:
please confirm that you're not a Nintendo ninja trying to screw me over :lol. I'll wait just a little while before upgrading.
damn, you got me :lol gonna tell reggie to hire better stealth ninjas...

Heel

This update seems to have updated router compatibility too.

I have a Comcast-issued Netgear router that previously was unable to access the News, Weather, and Everybody Votes channels. Now I can get into everything except Everybody Votes.

Scrubking

Jammy said:
I got Error Code 32004, too. Does anybody know what it is?

Now all I want is a start-up screen that has a big Wii logo... just to give more personality.

Reset your router or play with the settings. I did that and got it to work.

Also I'm disappointed that you STILL need to turn standby mode to use the weather and news channel.

My menu clock is wrong. How do I fix it?

VOOK

More changes and pics....

password_now_protected.jpg

passwords now ****'d

address_book_move_name.jpg

moving address book

warning.jpg

modders owned

plz dont rape my bandwidth lol more pictures of course you know where

Top Bottom