• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Fit Plus Details + Wii Pedal Controller

kswiston

Anyone come across these marketing slides yet? First one is Wii Fit Plus, the second game didn't have a title that I could find. Feel free to lock if old.

Wii Fit Plus:

311517a.jpg

Wii Cycling game + pedal controller:

311517b.jpg

EDIT TO CLARIFY:

Slides originated from a marketing survey. Besides those two games there was another title that sort of looked like that EA active fit game (with the red ribbon).

Not sure which company the pedals come from but the survey did include a video showing off the game and pedals in use. Game looked pretty far along, so I would be surprised if it isn't announced/released by the end of the year. I don't have the vid, and I didn't actually do the survey so I don't have many more details. Sorry. Just thought the images would be interesting.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Is the pedal controller being used for a... barbecuing minigame? o_O

I'm happy for the designer though. Miyamoto originally called his cycling game for Wii Sports Resort incredibly dull and now it's its own game with a custom peripheral. :lol

Owensboro

If true, I guess the "pedal controller" costs less then a stationary bike...

but seriously...... "Have a BBQ"? ..... Awesome

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Another piece of plastic? Jesus, Nintendo is giving Activision a run for their money for most useless peripherals.

DRock

has yet to tasted the golden nectar that is tag
I find it hard to believe that that pedal stays stable while using it...

DMPrince said:
I wonder how many peripherals nintendo can crank out before the next system they put out. :lol.

I don't think that the pedal controller is an official accessory, that game looks like a 3rd party game so don't count on it being used by anyone else.

Haruspex

Banned
The Wii is such a deceptively expensive console, not only is the hardware pricey considering the technology but there are all these additions and extras. Source looks fake though, the presentation is horrific.

Diortem7

Come on guys, there's no way this is real. Look closely at the screens. They look terrible! Also, compare the models in the second to the first. The models in the second screen look like average joes.

I'm surprised no-one's churned out a plastic pedal attachment to plug the Wiimote w/M+ and Nunchuk into, for use with Cycling in WSR. Unless the controls make it impractical?

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Tranced Shadow said:
I'm surprised no-one's churned out a plastic pedal attachment to plug the Wiimote w/M+ and Nunchuk into, for use with Cycling in WSR. Unless the controls make it impractical?
The wire would get in the way.

Gagaman

The cycling slide looks fake as all hell. The Mii's look off, like the fake Mii type characters you get in third party Wii sports clones.

Dunlop

I...will....not...buy...another...fucking..peripheral...for...the...Wii

For the smallest of my consoles, it takes us so much damn room because of the endless accessories

You know, as someone who is kind of getting worried about the amount of peripherals Nintendo releases...

...assuming the pedal controller is real, I'd totally get it. If a great game came along with the pedal controller, which it likely would, then I'd be pedaling every day almost, and as someone who is often too lazy to work out on my own, it'd be great.

...but still. While I don't have a problem with switching to WM+ for one game, sideways Wii remothe for another, the classic controller for a third, and the Nunchuck for a different game, I'd imagine that some would just get confused or annoyed by it all. Plus, I don't even have the balance board or upcoming vitality sensor.

Teppic

I don't think it would even work. What would you sit on? You must sit at the exactly right height for it to be ergonomic.

Arde5643

Looks fake and doesn't look like something Ninty would be building. For now I'll call this fake.

It seems too shoddy of a build quality-wise for something that we've come to accept from Nintendo.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I don't even care if it's real or fake, the fact that I wouldn't hesitate to believe it says all you need to know about the company these days.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
TheKingsCrown said:
Why would someone go through the trouble to create fake Miis? I think its real.
See the girl on the bike with a dog. Look at the squashed head bloke behind her. Dodgy third party graphics that.

Top Bottom