• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Fit Plus Videos (Wii Sports Resort Expansion!)

Yes Boss!

Nobody seems to be talking about this game. This one has been just as epically updated as Wii Sports. Trailer shows that you can now use your dog as a member:

dog.jpg

I can only find one screen that shows nine of the games. But there are others that are in the trailer: skateboarding, ball balance. This one uses Wii Fit Island to much greater use than the first outing, which only used it for jogging.

wiifitplus.jpg

Game is really shaping up to be a sort of expansion pack to Wii Sports Resort with more than nine full new games.

Here are some videos. if anybody has any other videos revealing the other mini-games then please share them!

Pretty girl tries the Segway-branded mini game.

Ladies try Obstacle Course, Kung-fu, and Chicken Fly.

donkey show plays Chicken Fly.

Obstacle Course (off screen).

Snowball Fight (off-screen).

Marching Band (off-screen).

Kung-Fu (off-screen).

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
asinavatar-1.jpg

Is that your girlfriend?

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Yes Boss! said:
You know I get that question many times each week in pms. Glad to share. It is Asin Thottumkal (South Indian actress). This is a good video.
Are you the guy in the video?

Bluecondor

Can't wait for Wii Fit Plus....

I loved the first game, and have moved on to EA Sports Active, since it has workout routines. Active doesn't have the charm/appeal of Wii Fit though. I have big hopes for Wii Fit Plus....

jvalioli

The Kung Fu game looks really fun. Does Wii Fit+ contain everything that Wii Fit does or are they separate experiences?

AniHawk

jvalioli said:
The Kung Fu game looks really fun. Does Wii Fit+ contain everything that Wii Fit does or are they separate experiences?

The guy at the booth said that it had the workout stuff, plus you could now set your own exercise regimen, and all your data from the first one transfers over.

I only played the platformer, which was really neat. I wouldn't buy this based on that, but if there was an actual platformer that played like that, even a WiiWare title, I'd probably buy it.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
jvalioli said:
Nintendo said:
• Workouts combine the original Wii Fit activities and selections from 15 new balance games and six new strength training and yoga activities.

I don't think the old minigames are returning. (fine with me!)

Yes Boss!

donkey show said:

Ha! I been watching that one all week! I was gonna put it in the OP but I wanted to keep it to the ladies.

I'll update the OP (if you don't mind).

AniHawk said:
The guy at the booth said that it had the workout stuff, plus you could now set your own exercise regimen, and all your data from the first one transfers over.

Did you get to see if there were new jogging courses? That was my absolute favorite part of the first game.

Neomoto

Some of the minigames look awesome though. Like the Kung Fu one :) They should have just showed some of these minigames at E3 conference. Is there MotionPlus support of some of them?

Holy crap this looks surprisingly good! It looks more game based compared to what I saw of the 1st Wii Fit.

But still, I'll only pick this up if the Balance Board is upgraded with a body fat checker - BMI is completely bullshit for my super ripped and super hunky physique.

laserbeam

Banned
wackojackosnose said:
Holy crap this looks surprisingly good! It looks more game based compared to what I saw of the 1st Wii Fit.

But still, I'll only pick this up if the Balance Board is upgraded with a body fat checker - BMI is completely bullshit for my super ripped and super hunky physique.
ruralk.jpg

Stink

Mr. Wonderful said:
My problem with Wii Fit was that none of the games were multiplayer. Are any of these getting multiplayer support?

Balance board always takes controller ID #4, so no multiplayer is possible.

Davey Cakes

People were thinking that this was going to be nothing but a cash-in expansion to the other game, but it actually does look like a much improved experience. The games look really fun, especially that platformer one.

bryehn

They used the dog in Personal Trainer Walking (which I've been wearing for 10 days and find useless, though my wife likes it) as well. As a cat owner I was let down a bit that there's no feline option. I'll just assume Wii Fit Plus hs no cat as well.

Gonna take a lot to impress with Wii Fit +, hoping to see multiplayer, PRESET 30-60 minute workouts (not just user custom ones), dual Balance Board support, etc.

bryehn

Stink said:
Balance board always takes controller ID #4, so no multiplayer is possible.

Is that set in stone? I see no reason they couldn't have 2 Balance Boards, one in slot 3, the other in 4.

suaveric

this is the game that Wii Fit should have been. being able to set you own workouts and have it go from one exercise to the next without going through the menu are such obvious things that i couldn't believe the original game didn't have them.

Dunlop

suaveric said:
this is the game that Wii Fit should have been. being able to set you own workouts and have it go from one exercise to the next without going through the menu are such obvious things that i couldn't believe the original game didn't have them.

This, which is why I love EASA

On the flipside however, EASA does not use the balance board to track weight or BMI, which will be done in the expansion (lol announcing an expansion 2 weeks after your product rolls out)

In the end they are both dirty cash cows......

:lol

Bluecondor

bryehn said:
They used the dog in Personal Trainer Walking (which I've been wearing for 10 days and find useless, though my wife likes it) as well. As a cat owner I was let down a bit that there's no feline option. I'll just assume Wii Fit Plus hs no cat as well.

Gonna take a lot to impress with Wii Fit +, hoping to see multiplayer, PRESET 30-60 minute workouts (not just user custom ones), dual Balance Board support, etc.

I'm a cat owner as well. I swear I saw a picture during E3 of a guy weighing his cat on the balance board, with his Mii and the cat's Mii on the balance board.

Like my cats are going to stand still for 30 seconds for their daily weigh-in. :lol

Vinci

Danish
Know I'll end up buying this. Thankfully, it actually looks rather good, so worse things have happened.

pakkit

Banned
What's the price on this and are they releasing some of the software unbundled with the Balance Board? And is there any MotionPlus support?

Slacker

pakkit said:
What's the price on this and are they releasing some of the software unbundled with the Balance Board? And is there any MotionPlus support?
That's what I'm wondering. I have a bad feeling that they'll jack the price up way higher than the actual development merits because people will pay the money. Looks like it should be about $20 to $30 to me.

bryehn

Slacker said:
That's what I'm wondering. I have a bad feeling that they'll jack the price up way higher than the actual development merits because people will pay the money. Looks like it should be about $20 to $30 to me.

This game will sell 4 million copies, even as a stand-alone, so Nintendo will happily charge you $50 for it.

In regards to M+, I really don't see how it could benefit a "game" that is controlled with the Balance Board. It'd be cool to see them branch out a bit and add some Wii Remote stuff aside from the shitty boxing, but I'm certainly not expecting it.

Amon37

There not much wiimote stuff with Wiifit like there is with wii sports resort so I don't know why they would need motion plus support, but they might throw it in just cause'.

Edit: beaten

pakkit said:

If the European retailer lists that first revealed the existence of the game are to be believed (and I see no reason why they shouldn't be, given that they have been remarkably accurate so far in other respects) there will be two SKUs:

• Wii Fit Plus (software only - standard Wii pricing)
  • Wii Fit Plus w. Balance Board (bundle - priced at the same level as Wii Fit)

It would seem to be the most sensible way of marketing the game, as a bundle-only release would be ridiculous, given that it would be forcing owners of the original to buy a second, unnecessary and unusable Balance Board. This way, owners of the first can pick up the standalone game, transfer their stats over and enjoy the new features and buyers new to the game can pick up the most recent (and apparently superior) version. The only downside is that buyers who snap up the Wii Fit Plus bundle are going to find it hard to get a copy of Wii Fit without the board, but I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see Nintendo release Wii Fit as a lower-priced standalone at some point to capitalise on that.

Not sure about MotionPlus support, but given the terrible job of reporting on features in games like Wii Sports Resort and Wii Fit Plus most outlets did over E3, I wouldn't be surprised if it was in there as well. It would be another helpful driver of MotionPlus adoption, and I could certainly see Nintendo going in that direction for some exercises.

Zzoram

Does this have all the content of the original plus extra? Will it come bundled with a balance board for the same price (and phasing out the old version?)

Zzoram said:
Does this have all the content of the original plus extra? Will it come bundled with a balance board for the same price (and phasing out the old version?)

Apparently, it has all the same exercises but different minigames, together with better tracking etc. As I said though, reporting on this has been pretty poor so there may be other significant differences.

donny2112

bryehn said:
This game will sell 4 million copies, even as a stand-alone, so Nintendo will happily charge you $50 for it.

Which would mean that the Wii Balance Board was only $40. I'm thinking this would more likely be a $40 standalone game making the Balance Board $50. Early retail prices are usually full price, so that they don't get stuck with the difference, if it comes out higher. Lower is always fine, though.

I really like that the data from Wii Fit will transfer over to Wii Fit Plus. There'll probably be an updated Wii Fit Channel, too. :)

Zzoram said:
Does this have all the content of the original plus extra?

The games look all new, and there are new exercises. They'll probably be a good bit of overlap, though.

Zzoram said:
Will it come bundled with a balance board for the same price (and phasing out the old version?)

Yes. No. Wii Fit will continue to sell for a long time. I can see them doing a combo package a few years down the road, though.

It's like Nintendo took the complaints from gamers (for this and for Wii Sports) that they weren't real games and stepped up both immensely in terms of content to sort of legitimize them in the eyes of people who didn't give the first games a chance.

Vinci

Danish
Slacker said:

I don't think it was as cheap as you imagine it was.

gabe90

Thanks for collecting these OP. I was interested in seeing more videos of Wii Fit Plus and didn't see much coverage.

Looks good, but I'm much more interested in learning about how it will create exercise routines and how it will work with Wii Fit. Also how much it will cost.

I was about to get EA Sports Active and waited cause I knew this would be shown, but they seemed to only focus on the games which look cool, but don't answer any of my actual questions.

nli10

donny2112 said:
I really like that the data from Wii Fit will transfer over to Wii Fit Plus. There'll probably be an updated Wii Fit Channel, too. :)

There were mentions that the Activity meters from Walk With Me talk to WiiFit in Japan but that doesn't work at the moment here so I'm thinking that's in Plus for the USA/Europe

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Am I reading correctly that Wii Fit Plus has all the original games in addition to the new games? I just rebought a Wii and would kinda like to get Wii Fit but I would prefer to wait for WF+ if it includes everything (and I'm starting P90X this week so I should be good fitness wise for awhile :p).

Haunted

More games +

AniHawk said:
+ gf ordered me to buy it anyway after seeing it shown at the conference = I am buying.

Zoramon089 said:
It's like Nintendo took the complaints from gamers (for this and for Wii Sports) that they weren't real games and stepped up both immensely in terms of content to sort of legitimize them in the eyes of people who didn't give the first games a chance.
Oh, I am definitely seeing that for Wii Sports Resort. Remains to be seen if Wii Fit + follows suit, I haven't seen enough of that to gauge that, but it certainly looks like it.

I like it. :)

wackojackosnose said:

Nintendo is clearly trying to seduce the expanded audience into becoming consistent gamers. I think it's brilliant the way they are introducing classic gaming troupes (platforming, pilotwings style obstacle courses, and even fps cover systems) but incorporating motion controls into them in a fundamental way. Gamers who grew up with the Wii as their first system will not be used to playing these game types without motion.

Top Bottom