• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii in 2009 - The official Thread! (wii's best year?)

freddy

Banned
AceBandage said:
Er, um, what?
Why would Wii fans be downplaying a list of Wii games?
Good lord. Read what I wrote again really slowly ok? If you need more help after that I'll walk you through it.

freddy said:
Good lord. Read what I wrote again really slowly ok? If you need more help after that I'll walk you through it.

No, I read it properly, just not the way you meant it, apparently.

Perhaps you should have written "I know Wii fans can be annoying, but you guys shouldn't be in here bashing them." or something like that.

freddy

Banned
AceBandage said:
No, I read it properly, just not the way you meant it, apparently.

Perhaps you should have written "I know Wii fans can be annoying, but you guys shouldn't be in here bashing them." or something like that.
Thanks for your help.

freddy

Banned
AceBandage said:
Any time, pal. I'm always available for an English lesson, a good tennis match or even just to talk.
I fixed a few things up there to make it look a little better. One good turn deserves another.

Ecit: Also good point Danthrax. I'm out of here to let people discuss what they're excited for in peace.

Sipowicz said:
thats the difference between me and you, i want more than "1 or 2 great games" a year and the wii completely fails to deliver in that regard. im looking forwards to some of the cool looking niche stuff like spyborgs, boy and and his blob etc

im less looking forward to low budget, outsourced, dumbed-down shit like dead space extraction. especially when we're 3 years into this gen and the idiots at EA seem to think it qualifies as decent support

Normally I'd agree about 1 or 2 games not being substantial for a year, but I think 1 amazing game can make up for an otherwise crappy year. Little King's Story is easily my GOTY and somewhere in my top 5 of the whole generation. Other than that, I have bought 6 Wii games this year but 2 of them are New Play Control so I don't know I would count that. Either way, looking forward to any game at all is reason enough to not sell a console.

And I fully agree with your second point. There's still a good amount of developers writing the Wii off despite being in first and it sucks. However, there's a lot of great and creative devs putting a good amount of effort into the system and it's greatly helped the library.

Edit: Also may I add that this year has kind of sucked all around. I've only bought 3 PS3 games this year and only one of them was even from 2009, a game I ended up hating (RE5).

hatchx

Banned
This is funny because so many of the games in the OP never came out.

It's been a pretty good year for wii. When prices drop on a lot of games in a few years, there's going to be a lot of gems on wii. Murumasa Demon Blade for example, is awesome.

J-Rock

Banned
AceBandage said:
Probably no one, since we're all too lazy to keep it updated.

I would do it and keep it updated but I suck at creating banners and all the visual stuff, sadly.

And yeah it is a bit early for it. I'm the type of person that likes to plan and prep early I guess.

AniHawk

Sipowicz said:
thats the difference between me and you, i want more than "1 or 2 great games" a year and the wii completely fails to deliver in that regard. im looking forwards to some of the cool looking niche stuff like spyborgs, boy and and his blob etc

So a cool looking niche game like A Boy and His Blob can't be a great game? NyxQuest was a five hour ten dollar platformer, and it's one of the best games I've played all year.

Spyborgs is pretty generic stuff, which is unfortunate since I expected more from that team. Unless it turns out that first level and boss fight is incredibly basic, and that it turns more into something like MDK 2 as it goes on, I don't think A Boy and His Blob deserves to be lumped in with it.

Sipowicz said:
keyword consoles, PC and handhelds have a far greater range of stuff. diversity doesnt mean shit though when the games cominf out are outsourced lightgun games, kart racers and the like

most dissapointing system ive ever owned

In 2009, the Wii has had exclusive sports games, horror games, platformers (loads of them- which is awesome), strategy games, action games, and adventure games. The only genres it doesn't represent well are FPS (The Conduit and Modern Warfare- yikes), action-adventure (although this isn't a very well-represented genre anywhere), and fighting games (which have been, let's face it, stellar this year on the other two). I doubt the Wii will have another year like this one ever again.

AniHawk said:
In 2009, the Wii has had exclusive sports games, horror games, platformers (loads of them- which is awesome), strategy games, action games, and adventure games. The only genres it doesn't represent well are FPS (The Conduit and Modern Warfare- yikes), action-adventure (although this isn't a very well-represented genre anywhere), and fighting games (which have been, let's face it, stellar this year on the other two). I doubt the Wii will have another year like this one ever again.

Well said. You did forget RPGs, but that's all gonna change with Arc Rise Fantasia, Tales of Graces, Monster Hunter 3 and probably a bunch I'm forgetting.

I personally think 2010 is going to be even better even if it is a little less diverse.

why does that stupid bashing shit always happen in Wii threads?
list warz? are you fucking serious?
Just because some guys post the upcoming great Wii games in a thread makes it "list warz"??

and why the hell do people, who want to sell their Wii, always have to post that in a positiv Wii thread? no one fucking cares. sell it, ok, but don't post it in a thread like this.

on topic:
2010 will be much better year for the Wii than 2009 (at least for me). There are so many awesome games coming out in 2010.

Kevtones

Despite waggle issues I think the Wii lineup has been pretty stellar. The exclusives are topnotch, particularly for the hardcore/niche crowds.

Davey Cakes

Honestly, I've been gaming less and less as time goes on. I don't even play my X360 anymore (only use it for other forms of media) and the Wii only gets used for the occasional romp of Wii Sports Resort. Really, the DS is the only system I play consistently now.

That said, in 2010, we get Mario Galaxy 2. That alone is going to make 2010 utterly fantastic. I'll be fully satisfied even if that's the only game, period, that I play all year. :D

Sipowicz

Banned
well despite my earlier pessimism this year turned out awesome for the Wii. not really any heavy hitters but a whole bunch of awesome exclusives and uniquely fantastic multiplats, which is what i wanted

cant wait for next year. the retail stuff looks awesome and i'm going to be getting into the downloadable stuff too. should be awesome

AniHawk

Sipowicz said:
well despite my earlier pessimism this year turned out awesome for the Wii. not really any heavy hitters but a whole bunch of awesome exclusives and uniquely fantastic multiplats, which is what i wanted

I accept your apology.

Sipowicz

Banned
AniHawk said:
I accept your apology.

smug bastard

joke

tbh i was a bit pissed off about what i saw as a lack of decent support from certain western publishers. even without them though there was loads of stuff

Top Bottom