• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii in 2009 - The official Thread! (wii's best year?)

TJ Spyke

Andrex said:
23jl3rc.jpg

From the epic thread.

I want a Captain Planet video game, I loved that show. :lol

"EARTH!"
"FIRE!"
"WIND!"
"WATER!"
"HEART!"

"Go Planet!"

"By your powers combined, I am Captain Planet!"

Captain Planet, he's our hero
Gonna take pollution down to zero

He's our powers magnified
And he's fighting on the planet's side

Gonna help him put asunder
Bad guys who like to loot and plunder

"You'll pay for this Captain Planet!"

We're the Planeteers
You can be one too
'Cause saving our planet is the thing to do!

Looting and polluting is not the way
Hear what Captain Planet has to say!

"The Power is Yours!"

CaVaYeRo

It's Swords and Soldiers, not Sliders :p

That Lsot Magic thing.... I never heard it was related

I don't think you should put "Publisher" on WiiWare games.

Oh, and there should be an Icarian trailer in a few weeks.

Keep up th good work!

batbeg

Sadist said:
That's because it isn't ;) It is called Tact of Magic and it's being developed by Taito.

Seriously need more information on this game :( LostMagic is my second favorite DS game and I'm constantly on the lookout for news on this sequel/spiritual-sequel/whatever.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Sadist said:
That's because it isn't ;) It is called Tact of Magic and it's being developed by Taito.
Tact of Magic is not using the Lost Magic name because it's being published by Nintendo. The developer is the same.

BDGAME

CaVaYeRo said:
It's Swords and Soldiers, not Sliders :p

That Lsot Magic thing.... I never heard it was related

I don't think you should put "Publisher" on WiiWare games.

Oh, and there should be an Icarian trailer in a few weeks.

Keep up th good work!

Thanks, all fixed.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
For Valhalla Knights: Acquire developed the original Tenchu. K2 made Tenchu 3 and some spin-offs that came out before Tenchu 4.

Soule

TJ Spyke said:

"EARTH!"
"FIRE!"
"WIND!"
"WATER!"
"HEART!"

"Go Planet!"

We're the Planeteers
You can be one too

"The Power is Yours!"
That's the alarm tone on my phone, so nice waking up to the planeteers :p

haha oh wow i'm blown away DQ 10 is for Wii..

I've been working non stop and travelling.. this is awesome news :)

Huge!!! that makes me happy! I can't wait for this game :)

Sadist said:
Lost Magic was also developed by Taito. If one compares not just how the magic system works in each(by drawing symbols) but some of the specific symbols in screenshots, a connection between the games is apparent.

Tact of Magic also is a butchering of the title. It should be Takuto of Magic, where Takuto can mean baton or wand, as in Wind Waker(=Kaze no Takuto). So really, Wand of Magic would be a literal translation, but I doubt the official name will be so bland.

batbeg

leroy hacker said:
Lost Magic was also developed by Taito. If one compares not just how the magic system works in each(by drawing symbols) but some of the specific symbols in screenshots, a connection between the games is apparent.

The original was developed by Garakuta Studio, who I'd imagine is also behind the development of this one. But yes, the symbols are largely the same (well, the fire and wind ones are).

Glad to hear what's up with the title.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Frencherman said:
We Ski and Snowboard is really turning out to be an awesome game guys! Look at this visibility on top of the mountain.

Just mindblowing! Can't wait!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42GMzE6RH-E
Saw that video earlier. The pans around the mountain as he is going up and down it look surprisingly realistic. I skipped the first one, but I may have to try out this one. I need some snowboarding game to fill the hole in my heart from SSX's absence.

pgtl_10

TJ Spyke said:

"EARTH!"
"FIRE!"
"WIND!"
"WATER!"
"HEART!"

"Go Planet!"

We're the Planeteers
You can be one too

"The Power is Yours!"

Arguably the most addictive and best theme song in cartoon intro's. The best intro music is X-Men that came on FOX.(Old Version).

Azure J

pgtl_10 said:
Arguably the most addictive and best theme song in cartoon intro's. The best intro music is X-Men that came on FOX.(Old Version).

This post needs more "I. AM. I-RON MAAAN!" :lol

jrricky

Banned
grandjedi6 said:
A rumor that has boxart strangely enough

Though I'm not exactly sure why anyone would want to by a Wii version of Hawx
That doesnt make any sense at all and its not a rumor, its in the gamestop database.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
jrricky said:
That doesnt make any sense at all and its not a rumor, its in the gamestop database.
Ubisoft + Wii + Port down + Tom Clancy = outlook not so good

Also technically its a rumor until Ubisoft officially announces it.

Although I do NOT touch my Wii (heh), I know for a fact that this year everything will change that. This year is going to be an amazing year for the Wii and the PS3 (PC always!!).

BDGAME

jj984jj said:
For Valhalla Knights: Acquire developed the original Tenchu. K2 made Tenchu 3 and some spin-offs that came out before Tenchu 4.

Thanks again man. Fixed!

Frencherman said:
We Ski and Snowboard is really turning out to be an awesome game guys! Look at this visibility on top of the mountain.

Just mindblowing! Can't wait!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42GMzE6RH-E

Good video. I put it in the first page.

ZAK said:
BDGAME:
There's an Xbox thread for 2009. Since you link the PS3 one, you also probably want to link this one.

Good ZAK, thanks. It's in first page now.

jrricky said:
i was brushing through the ign release list and I saw Hawx. I think that you should add this to the list.

I will look more and see if I put this game in this list. Thanks.

BDGAME

06/01 - New pic and video of Another code R
07/01 - New game: Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 e new screens of Punch-out!! and Sky Crawlers. New video of Tenchu 4
08/01 - Game up: Tact of Magic. New game: Valhalla Knight, new pic of Tenchu 4, release date of ghostbuster, new video of Mario Tennis
10/01 - new video of We Ski 2.

RELEASE DATE

Ghostbuster - June 06 (EUA), June 19 (EUR)

NEW PIC

NEW PIC AND VIDEO :

NEW VIDEO

NEW GAMES + game that up:

tactofmagic602.gif

Tact of Magic looks excellent. I hopefully will plow through it once it releases and not give up like I did in Lost Magic when the enemy had the cheap skill that could go across the entire screen!

*Guaraná

Banned
i'll probably buy a wii again this year.
i sold mine lat year to get a 360 but with all this games coming in 09 i'll need one. :D

vareon

Takt of Magic looks interesting. How come I've never heard of it? Is it retail or Wiiware?

Valhalla Knights, on the other hand....ugh

swerve

We Ski & Snowboarding Impressions for those who are interested:

Color me surprised, it's... a real mountain resort. Once the initial (short) load completes after character select, you're on the mountain, and there'll be no more loading until you quit. You can move from course to course just as you would at a real ski resort - get to the bottom, hop a lift, end up somewhere else.

The lifts are brilliant - picturesque, peaceful, and skippable. The courses are even more brilliant. Each route is color-coded and with an associated animal (which has a connection to the type of course - alligator is full of moguls like a gator's back, kangaroo full of jumps, etc).

Courses are filled with off-piste secrets to discover, and these earn you achievements of sorts (and new gear to wear).

The controls are really smooth - I mostly play just using the remote/nunchuck combo but the balance board works really well too. It's all motion controlled except for braking, really, and I pretty much forget I'm controlling a game when playing because it's so tranquil.

Until you take on the races. These start out pretty light, but the later races are tough and involve some adventurous antics to get the speed you need to win.

You can rack up some impressive speeds just on the resort mountain, but then there's the other mountain - 'mount angrio'. This is where it gets really beautiful. Take a copter ride to the top of the mountain, above the clouds and looking out over a really impressive view, head for the edge and... no looking back... just down, fast.

On the mountain you can bump into other Miis, who you can pair up with and they'll glide around you. This sounds pretty weird, but in practise it's very well thought out, and makes you feel less lonely on the massive open mountainside.

You can play this game however you like. Slalom runs, races, stunt challenges, leisurely boarding down a green run, or frantic high-speed off-piste adventures. Replays are fun to watch because of how cool the mountains look.

But easily the most impressive thing about the game is that the freedom of movement and choice is matched with beautiful vistas and a totally seamless integration of each course. The mountain seriously feels like a real snow resort (I've spent a lot of time in the French Alps in places just like this). And it looks highly impressive for a Wii game, with some great draw distance and lovely snow trails.

Cannot recommend this enough to anyone interested in a fun, layered, unstructured, infinitely replayable snowboard game. One of the most accomplished games I've played in a long time.

I read on IGN the other day that Klona is coming stateside and that it will have the original charecter design not that wierd anime looking one that someone posted on another thread. Anyone else excited for it? :D

Apenheul

swerve said:
We Ski & Snowboarding Impressions

Sounds exactly like We Ski (or Family Ski in Europe) with an additional mountain and snowboarding of course. I liked the first game so I'll probably like this one too.

bdouble

Dedication Through Light said:
Tact of Magic looks excellent. I hopefully will plow through it once it releases and not give up like I did in Lost Magic when the enemy had the cheap skill that could go across the entire screen!

Yeah looks like it could be really great and has since the montage.

As for We S&S. yeah I'm really impressed with that game. Looks like a lot of fun and the Mii integrations ontop of the photo like scenery is quite appealing.

Lord Phol

Wow, I'm intrigued, that looks like a potentiallly interesting and fun lineup.
Maybe 2009 is the year my wii will get some action besides the random super smash gaming once or twice per month.

kottila

As Play.coms PAL release date for Fatal Frame IV gets closer, it looks more and more like a placeholder date. Haven't seen any other online retailer that has it for sale

wsippel

Banned
According to GamePro.de, Spore for Wii won't be a port, but an original entry in the franchise, called Spore Hero. The press already had a chance to see a first trailer at a recent EA event, which should be released to the public soon. EA also announced a new Spore DS game, Spore Hero Arena:

Spore Hero - Kommt für Wii
Neues Spore für Nintendo-Konsole
15.01.2009, 12:00

Nach dem PC, dem Nintendo DS und dem iPhone bekommt nun auch die Wii ihre Version von Will Wrights ambitioniertem Titel Spore. Unter dem Namen Spore Hero soll noch dieses Jahr ein Ableger des komplexen Genremixes für Nintendos Konsole erscheinen.

Das Spielprinzip soll sich allerdings wie bereits bei Spore Creatures (Nintendo DS) und Spore für das iPhone stark von dem der PC-Version (Test bei GameStar.de) unterscheiden. Inwiefern, können wir leider noch nicht sagen. Bisher konnten wir nur einen Trailer bei einer Electronic Arts-Veranstaltung sehen. Sobald dieser veröffentlich wird, findet ihr ihn natürlich hier auf GamePro.de
Für Nintendo DS erscheint ebenfalls noch Ende des Jahres ein neues Spore unter dem Titel Spore Hero Arena. In diesem sollt ihr eure Kreaturen gegeneinander antreten lassen können.
Mehr Details und erste Bilder zu Spore Hero und Spore Hero Arena demnächst an dieser Stelle
(Daniel Feith)
http://www.gamepro.de/news/spiele/w...r_wii/1309779/spore_hero_kommt_fuer_wii.html]

wsippel

Banned
Jaded Alyx said:
Spore...........Hero?
Yeah... I don't know. But I tend to trust GamePro, and we're talking about EA here after all - aren't they working on a MySims kart racer or something? Doesn't make much sense either.

Vinci

Danish
wsippel said:
Yeah... I don't know. But I tend to trust GamePro, and we're talking about EA here after all - aren't say working on a MySims kart racer or something? Doesn't make much sense either.

Actually it does. Mario Kart has sold how many copies worldwide now? Over 10 million?

alanias

swerve said:
We Ski & Snowboarding Impressions

Does it support leaning forward and back on the balance board or is it just for turn controls again? I disliked that about the first one, wanted to feel like I was leaning into those courses.

wsippel

Banned
Vinci said:
Actually it does. Mario Kart has sold how many copies worldwide now? Over 10 million?
Sure, it might make sense to do a kart racer, but using the Sims/ MySims IP for a racing game? I don't know...

This sounds ridiculous enough to justify it's own thread, but there's not enough info yet I guess.

Top Bottom