• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Legacy System for $149.99?

According to Cheapass Gamer, the new Target ad shows the Wii "Legacy" system for only $149.99. This is the system with only Wii Sports and no Motion+ accessory.

It's not really new, since this is what the old Wii sets were marked down to when the Wii Sports Resort bundles came out, but it looks like Nintendo is making it permanent and not just clearing out old hardware.

Is this a response to last month's relatively disappointing NPD numbers?

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
I'm not seeing anything about a new SKU, it looks like that's just how Target chose to sell it.

Mrbob

It is a fancy title to help clear inventory and differentiate it from the $199 model. Why would Nintendo go back on Motion Plus at this point? That would be a backwards move.

Gravijah

Mrbob said:
It is a fancy title to help clear inventory and differentiate it from the $199 model. Why would Nintendo go back on Motion Plus at this point? That would be a backwards move.

Exactly my thought.

Gravijah

Boney said:
This should work for you right?

It would, but I'm just gonna spend the extra 50 for black, wii motion+ and wii sports resort. I'm gonna need the latter two things at some point, anyways. -fist bump-

madara

I wish I could say its tempting but the full black sku is going to have to have alot of $150 deals Nov-Feb if stores want anything more then lukewarm enticements.

Boney

Banned
Gravijah said:
It would, but I'm just gonna spend the extra 50 for black, wii motion+ and wii sports resort. I'm gonna need the latter two things at some point, anyways. -fist bump-
-fist bump-

Thought you wanted white though.

Boney

Banned
Gravijah said:
I did, but then I was like... you know what? I want to make all the people with white wiis jealous. Gonna get me a black!
That's a pretty smart thing to do brah.

Gravijah

Boney said:
That's a pretty smart thing to do brah.

I'll bring people to my house and be like "hey, check out my black wii. scientifically proven to be on average half an inch bigger than it's white counterpart!"

Boney

Banned
Gravijah said:
I'll bring people to my house and be like "hey, check out my black wii. scientifically proven to be on average half an inch bigger than it's white counterpart!"
Do you want gif number 1 or gif number 2?

Datwheezy

Unconfirmed Member
Gravijah said:
:lol

Boney

Banned
Gravijah said:
0584ce565c824b7b7f50282d9a19945b.gif

I'll just throw one for good measure as well.

11ietr6.gif

Cmagus

i need a wii this price is good motion plus isn't a necessity for me right now.Wonder if it will drop all round don't have targets in Canada

Top Bottom