• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Modchip Case on People's Court

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Dear god, can someone please make a gif of the defendant's shifty eyes while they're introducing him?!

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
IPoopStandingUp said:
Dear god, can someone please make a gif of the defendant's shifty eyes while they're introducing him?!
someone needs to gif the judges reaction when she realizes how illegal the 'downloading cheap games' explanation sounds

2lu8ahv.gif

Emitan

Well at least we know it's OK to admit to software piracy in front of a judge now. For some reason I was under the impression that it was illegal or something silly like that.

ElRenoRaven

I love how both of the pirating scumbags phrase what they are using the chip for. It's clear as day that the chip in this case is being used to pirate games. That's not cool at all.

Game Guru

Billychu said:
Well at least we know it's OK to admit to software piracy in front of a judge now. For some reason I was under the impression that it was illegal or something silly like that.

Actually, she was trying the case on someone not getting paid and holding property hostage, not a case on software piracy. Nintendo has to file a separate case, but now they have video evidence! That's just a separate case for another judge.

ElRenoRaven

Game Guru said:
Actually, she was trying the case on someone not getting paid and holding property hostage, not a case on software piracy. Nintendo has to file a separate case, but now they have video evidence! That's just a separate case for another judge.

Yup. Also let's be honest here. She probably doesn't have a clue what a WII is much less how it works. That was kind of obvious by the way she talked.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Billychu said:

It's not an incredibly bright idea. Especially on national television. But if you go up to a cop and start telling them that you're a software pirate, the worst they can do is report you to the owners of the content in question. I'm pretty sure you can't be arrested for it unless you're involved in large-scale distribution.

So, I don't know what you expected them to do since piracy isn't what the case was about. Nintendo would have to file a separate claim, and they probably wouldn't do it on the People's Court.

Billychu said:
Selling and distributing=illegal. I think this could be classed as a civil offense though...

Edit: Wait $60 Wii Games? This isn't Canada, Australia or Europe...or is it a state that has 20% sales tax?

MYE

OH GOD LOL

What is this shit?
The whole 2nd rate trailer voice intro had me laughing out loud . Fake or not, i'm a fan already lol

krae_man

I can't believe Marilyn ruled the way she did. They both admitted the chip was for pirating games. Judge Judy would have told them both to get lost because neither had clean hands.

Zoe

Billychu said:

This isn't real court.

Lol, both of um shoulda been boned. The plaintiff doesn't seem to understand that what his intended use for the modchip was piracy... the defendant is selling his modchip on the basis that it can get you games for "cheap." THAT is illegal, him selling the product for illegal use. Both of them shoulda been ass fucked, but especially the defendant.

Top Bottom