• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Wii) Monster Hunter G out 4/23, special classic controller + MH3 demo!

cvxfreak

http://www.inside-games.jp/news/331/33110.html

Monster Hunter G for Wii will be released on April 23, 2009 for ¥3990 (same price as the Biohazard 0/remake ports). A demo of Monster Hunter 3 (Tri) will be included in the package.

Also, Capcom and Nintendo are releasing a special classic controller with a Monster Hunter G design. It'll be released separately as well as in a bundle (Monster Hunter G Starter Pack) with the game for ¥5220.

27yqpa8.jpg

(Image courtesy of Inside-Games JP)

MisterHero

wow has Nintendo started releasing controllers that are not white?

also, looking forward to Monster Hunter, etc. etc.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
yup. i'd buy that.

(then i'd finally be able to play my VC version of Breath of Fire II! haha)

Interesting, sounds like a good way to get at least some of the MH fanbase over to the Wii for MH3. Look's like Capcom is putting some effort into this, which is surprising to me for some reason :lol.

Edit: Also that is a cool bundle, any word on if it's coming to NA?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Damn you Capcom and your ability to make me keep buying the same product over again. The Classic Controller is to nice ;-;

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Bending_Unit_22 said:
Interesting, sounds like a good way to get at least some of the MH fanbase over to the Wii for MH3. Look's like Capcom is putting some effort into this, which is surprising to me for some reason :lol.

The shocking lack of media 4 months before the game is released kinda scares me.

edit:
this is MHG, not MH3

PantherLotus said:
The shocking lack of media 4 months before the game is released kinda scares me.
Yeah, i was going to say "Look's like Capcom is putting a lot of effort into this" but I'm not sure how the hype/advertise side of things is going so I downgraded it to "some effort". Still a surprising level of effort for a 3rd party Wii game.

nyong

Banned
I'm not sure if this is already known or not, but the fact they're releasing an updated classic controller is music to my ears. Not just because the thing looks amazing, but because I doubt they'd release one unless the game used it. And I doubt the game would use it unless they are omitting waggle.....

Vinci

Danish
Drkirby said:
There is some chance. If we start pestering Capcom NOW maybe we too can get it.

Okay. Commence pestering. I want full-on nuclear war level pestering is what I'm saying. I want this shit. Especially the controller and demo.

EDIT: Where do I go to pester these people anyway?? :lol

MisterHero

itxaka said:
wait....playing online is gonna be charged now? on the wii?
only certain games, and the Nintendo WiFi connection label will be red instead of blue

for those who get the game soon I hope the system is up to snuff and worth paying for

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
PantherLotus said:
That controller is much sexier than the game will be! It reminds me of Wind Waker.

Agree.

NoA, put this on Club Nintendo please. :)

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Defuser said:
It's Crackdown with Halo 3 beta all over again. :lol
This time it comes with a good game.

*Runs from the people who liked crackdown*

YOU WILL NEVER CATCH ME IN MY BADLY ANIMATED TANK!

Drktank.gif

TJ Spyke

RBH said:
Shit, I don't even like Monster Hunter, yet I think that controller looks nice.

Agreed. I have never played a Monster Hunter game, but I would buy that Classic Controller because it looks sexy.

DreD

Commanche Raisin Toast said:
oh god i hope this means mh3 will have classic controller support..... :D

Maybe someone will correct me, but I recall hearing in an interview (on GameTrailers maybe?) that MH3 would support both the classic controller and the wiimote-nunchuck configuration.

nyong

Banned
DreD said:
Maybe someone will correct me, but I recall hearing in an interview (on GameTrailers maybe?) that MH3 would support both the classic controller and the wiimote-nunchuck configuration.

I'm just wondering if by admitting that the game uses the classic controller they are also saying there are no motion controls.

markatisu

Time to import, thank god for Gecko OS and Wii Homebrew!!

That controller is so hot and the demo of MH3 Wii, wow thats going to move some units

Cipherr

nyong said:
I'm just wondering if by admitting that the game uses the classic controller they are also saying there are no motion controls.

Probably wont be any unnecessary overly used motion. IR more than likely and very small usage of motion, but honestly do we need more than that? Its about time that devs realize that just because its there doesn't mean you need to completely freaking over do it. Gives me LOTS of confidence in this game.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
FF13 and MH Tri Demos - damn it`s like the semi finals. Awesome CC though.

controller looks sick. is this the first time Nintendo let a 3rd party have their own controller? cant seem to recall of any in the past

86vtx said:
controller looks sick. is this the first time Nintendo let a 3rd party have their own controller? cant seem to recall of any in the past

pretty sure there were a couple special edition GC controllers last gen (Red Gundam one comes to mind)

Vinci

Danish
Nintendo wants this damn game to sell. BIG TIME. Still hope they'll do something this aggressive overseas though: It'd be nice to see the game hit big over here.

Alcibiades

Now if only they could support classic controller support for their GCN re-releases (since there seems to be little hope at this point they'll stop removing GCN controller functionality)...

Top Bottom