Wii Motion Plus EU date - and Wii Fit Plus? (rumour)

Jun 5, 2006
9,603
0
0
Scotland
#1
Close this one down if old.

A reader at that banned Nintendo site sent in a pic of what is alleged to be a current European retailer release list (no idea which retailer - just somewhere in Amsterdam):



As well as the obvious listing for an early July release for a Wii Sports Resort/Motion Plus bundle (and the standalone package), you'll note the November date for what appears to be a Wii Fit sequel, Wii Fit Plus, together with a Wii Fit Plus/Balance Board bundle.

Can anyone out there verify this list? The prospect of a Wii Fit follow-up was put forward by a couple of boarders here, and while it's certainly plausible, I'm not sure quite what Motion Plus could add to the game.
 

GCX

Member
Oct 22, 2007
9,064
1
925
#2
I think everything there seems pretty plausible.

I'm quessing Wii Sports Resort and Wii Fit Plus are going to be Nintendo's THE casual games at E3 and pretty much the whole show will be about the showcase of Motion+.

Edit: Where's my EXCITEBOTS btw? :mad:
 
Nov 13, 2007
3,837
0
0
#4
If Wii Fit Plus was to:

1) Randomize the Wii Fit Age tests and games like the dancing and boxing so it keeps you on the edge rather than becoming a case of just learning a pattern.

2) Include muscle and fat separately in the weighing (if that's possible without making a new board).

3) Double the mini game count.

4) Add tons of new levels to the ball puzzle game.

It'd be worth it IMO.
 
Dec 5, 2008
860
0
0
#7
GCX said:
I think everything there seems pretty plausible.

I'm quessing Wii Sports Resort and Wii Fit Plus are going to be Nintendo's THE casual games at E3 and pretty much the whole show will be about the showcase of Motion+.

Edit: Where's my EXCITEBOTS btw? :mad:
Well the list is obviously incomplete, no Grand Slam Tennis and Tiger Woods, keep the EXCITE alive!
 
Jun 5, 2006
9,603
0
0
Scotland
#12
Mockingbird said:
I don't know. Isn't that Punch Out!! date a little too early?
IIRC, NoE announced a 22 May release date for Punch Out!! so that one is off a bit (retailer date could be wrong though - wouldn't be the first time).

The date for EA Sports Active is also around 6 days late - the current release date is 21 May - but the Pikmin 2 date is bang on the current official release date.
 
#18
AniHawk said:
I thought it was set for October thanks to the screwy EU date system.
Well... your sytem is screwy to us. So there!

Ontopic, that list also reveals that NPC! Pikmin 2 will release in 19 days. I haven't heard about that. I knew a month before NPC! Pikmin and Mario Tennis were released about the actual release dates. Weird.
 
Jun 14, 2006
17,069
0
0
#24
AniHawk said:
No, you'd say, "The 10th of July, 2009" since it sounds better.

But "July 10, 2009" is a much faster, more efficient way of getting things done.
Huh? The only time I ever hear the day before the month is "The 4th of July." Otherwise it's always the date after the month.

EDIT: Missed your first post. Yeah. I don't care about the Europe method in print, but they actually speak dates before months?
 
Oct 11, 2007
1,447
0
850
#29
AniHawk said:
You'd usually say, July 10, 2009. Not TEN JULY 2009.

Then again, we aren't ruled by a tyrant monarch.
In Dutch (and many other languages), you do say "10 July", hence the only logical date order in this case is dd-mm-yyyy.

What do you call someone who speaks two languages? Bilingual.
What do you call someone who speaks only one language? American.

Edit: Can't wait for Wii Verjaardagsfeest!
 
May 3, 2007
18,401
0
0
#31
Scipius said:
In Dutch (and many other languages), you do say "10 July", hence the only logical date order is dd-mm-yyyy.

What do you call someone who speaks two languages? Bilingual.
What do you call someone who speaks only one language? American.

take that back, i can only speak one language and i aint no american
 
Nov 16, 2006
78,207
0
0
steamcommunity.com
#36
Info was already posted by Dash, but it's threadworthy, I think.

I still remember Iwata's interview saying that they won't go the easy route of releasing simple sequels with a couple new games/sports thrown in.

And now we're apparently getting Wii Sports Resort and Wii Fit Plus. :p


edit: also lulz at those nutty Americans who can't order the date properly. It's from smallest to largest timeframe - Day, Month, Year.
 
May 3, 2007
18,401
0
0
#37
AniHawk said:
On the plus side, Americans found out that not everything needs a "u" in it.
but the language is called english so leave it to us english people to decide how to spell stuff

anyway back on topic, has anyone ever seen a retail list that looks the same as this?
 
Sep 7, 2006
5,854
0
1,020
Rotterdam
#38
Haunted said:
Info was already posted by Dash, but it's threadworthy, I think.

I still remember Iwata's interview saying that they won't go the easy route of releasing simple sequels with a couple new games/sports thrown in.

And now we're apparently getting Wii Sports Resort and Wii Fit Plus. :p


edit: also lulz at those nutty Americans who can't order the date properly. It's from smallest to largest timeframe - Day, Month, Year.
I don't know about Wii Fit plus but Wii sports resort is a Wiimotion+ exlusive. I think it will be pretty different from Wiisports.
 
Jun 5, 2006
9,603
0
0
Scotland
#39
Haunted said:
I still remember Iwata's interview saying that they won't go the easy route of releasing simple sequels with a couple new games/sports thrown in.

And now we're apparently getting Wii Sports Resort and Wii Fit Plus. :p
Well, I think developing a sequel around a brand-new peripheral perhaps qualifies as not being the "easy route" ;-)
 
Nov 16, 2006
78,207
0
0
steamcommunity.com
#40
ksamedi said:
I don't know about Wii Fit plus but Wii sports resort is a Wiimotion+ exlusive. I think it will be pretty different from Wiisports.
Cosmonaut X said:
Well, I think developing a sequel around a brand-new peripheral perhaps qualifies as not being the "easy route" ;-)
Very true.


I still hope the Jetski game will be a sort of Waverace replacement for me. :D
 
Nov 9, 2007
938
0
0
Western NY
#41
Cosmonaut X said:
Well, I think developing a sequel around a brand-new peripheral perhaps qualifies as not being the "easy route" ;-)
Along with a sequel.... to a years old game. I don't think they meant they would do no sequels whatsoever, but that they wouldn't pump them out like some other companies...