• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Motion Plus EU date - and Wii Fit Plus? (rumour)

Close this one down if old.

A reader at that banned Nintendo site sent in a pic of what is alleged to be a current European retailer release list (no idea which retailer - just somewhere in Amsterdam):

listdate.jpg

As well as the obvious listing for an early July release for a Wii Sports Resort/Motion Plus bundle (and the standalone package), you'll note the November date for what appears to be a Wii Fit sequel, Wii Fit Plus, together with a Wii Fit Plus/Balance Board bundle.

Can anyone out there verify this list? The prospect of a Wii Fit follow-up was put forward by a couple of boarders here, and while it's certainly plausible, I'm not sure quite what Motion Plus could add to the game.

GCX

I think everything there seems pretty plausible.

I'm quessing Wii Sports Resort and Wii Fit Plus are going to be Nintendo's THE casual games at E3 and pretty much the whole show will be about the showcase of Motion+.

Edit: Where's my EXCITEBOTS btw? :mad:

Gagaman

If Wii Fit Plus was to:

1) Randomize the Wii Fit Age tests and games like the dancing and boxing so it keeps you on the edge rather than becoming a case of just learning a pattern.

2) Include muscle and fat separately in the weighing (if that's possible without making a new board).

3) Double the mini game count.

4) Add tons of new levels to the ball puzzle game.

It'd be worth it IMO.

BikoBiko

GCX said:
I think everything there seems pretty plausible.

I'm quessing Wii Sports Resort and Wii Fit Plus are going to be Nintendo's THE casual games at E3 and pretty much the whole show will be about the showcase of Motion+.

Edit: Where's my EXCITEBOTS btw? :mad:
Well the list is obviously incomplete, no Grand Slam Tennis and Tiger Woods, keep the EXCITE alive!

swerve

US launch to be day of E3 conference, confirmed.

Maybe Japanese launch will be held off until then, too.

Mockingbird said:
I don't know. Isn't that Punch Out!! date a little too early?

IIRC, NoE announced a 22 May release date for Punch Out!! so that one is off a bit (retailer date could be wrong though - wouldn't be the first time).

The date for EA Sports Active is also around 6 days late - the current release date is 21 May - but the Pikmin 2 date is bang on the current official release date.

AniHawk

frankie_baby said:
what the srewy system of putting everything in the logical order

You'd usually say, July 10, 2009. Not TEN JULY 2009.

Then again, we aren't ruled by a tyrant monarch.

Sadist

AniHawk said:
I thought it was set for October thanks to the screwy EU date system.
Well... your sytem is screwy to us. So there!

Ontopic, that list also reveals that NPC! Pikmin 2 will release in 19 days. I haven't heard about that. I knew a month before NPC! Pikmin and Mario Tennis were released about the actual release dates. Weird.

AniHawk

Arctic Feather said:
No, you say 10th July 2009. :p

No, you'd say, "The 10th of July, 2009" since it sounds better.

But "July 10, 2009" is a much faster, more efficient way of getting things done.

AniHawk said:

But "July 10, 2009" is a much faster, more efficient way of getting things done.

What you actually say "July ten" rather than "July tenth"? That just sounds weird and wrong.

1-D_FTW

AniHawk said:

Huh? The only time I ever hear the day before the month is "The 4th of July." Otherwise it's always the date after the month.

EDIT: Missed your first post. Yeah. I don't care about the Europe method in print, but they actually speak dates before months?

neoanarch

AniHawk said:

of course not. You say the tenth of July of 19xx.

edit: that is a lot of wii xxxx's

Scipius

AniHawk said:

In Dutch (and many other languages), you do say "10 July", hence the only logical date order in this case is dd-mm-yyyy.

What do you call someone who speaks two languages? Bilingual.
What do you call someone who speaks only one language? American.

Edit: Can't wait for Wii Verjaardagsfeest!

Scipius said:
In Dutch (and many other languages), you do say "10 July", hence the only logical date order is dd-mm-yyyy.

What do you call someone who speaks two languages? Bilingual.
What do you call someone who speaks only one language? American.

take that back, i can only speak one language and i aint no american

ksamedi

Most of Europe does say 10 july. English is not the only spoken language in the world as Americans seem to think.

Haunted

Info was already posted by Dash, but it's threadworthy, I think.

I still remember Iwata's interview saying that they won't go the easy route of releasing simple sequels with a couple new games/sports thrown in.

And now we're apparently getting Wii Sports Resort and Wii Fit Plus. :p

edit: also lulz at those nutty Americans who can't order the date properly. It's from smallest to largest timeframe - Day, Month, Year.

AniHawk said:
On the plus side, Americans found out that not everything needs a "u" in it.

but the language is called english so leave it to us english people to decide how to spell stuff

anyway back on topic, has anyone ever seen a retail list that looks the same as this?

ksamedi

Haunted said:
Info was already posted by Dash, but it's threadworthy, I think.

I still remember Iwata's interview saying that they won't go the easy route of releasing simple sequels with a couple new games/sports thrown in.

edit: also lulz at those nutty Americans who can't order the date properly. It's from smallest to largest timeframe - Day, Month, Year.

I don't know about Wii Fit plus but Wii sports resort is a Wiimotion+ exlusive. I think it will be pretty different from Wiisports.

Haunted said:

Well, I think developing a sequel around a brand-new peripheral perhaps qualifies as not being the "easy route" ;-)

Haunted

ksamedi said:
I don't know about Wii Fit plus but Wii sports resort is a Wiimotion+ exlusive. I think it will be pretty different from Wiisports.
Cosmonaut X said:
Well, I think developing a sequel around a brand-new peripheral perhaps qualifies as not being the "easy route" ;-)
Very true.

I still hope the Jetski game will be a sort of Waverace replacement for me. :D

Cheez-It

Cosmonaut X said:

Along with a sequel.... to a years old game. I don't think they meant they would do no sequels whatsoever, but that they wouldn't pump them out like some other companies...

Top Bottom