• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii & PS3 kiosks pics leaked...?

jko

kiosklq0.jpg

Amir0x

Banned
See the PS3 kiosk has like 15,000 pamphlets 'cause it's so complicated, and the wii kiosk is all 'just play me, baby'

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
The ps2 kiosk is designed with those little pamphlet holders as well.

These don't LOOK fake, but yeah, standard looking if true.

Except, why wouldnt the wii kiosk be widescreen?

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
I was told that GS is hoping to have demo units of the PS3 in by october, so this just might have some validity to it.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
BrodiemanTTR said:
The Wii one just screams, "Why am I in 4:3, where's the widescreen Zelda/Metroid goodness?! :("
OH NOS I ONLY HAVE 12 PIXELS IN A ROW FOR EVERY 9 PIXELS IN A COLUMN INSTEAD OF HAVING 16 PIXELS IN A ROW FOR EVERY 9 PIXELS IN A COLUMN WOE IS ME WHATEVER SHALL I DO?

jko

GaimeGuy said:
OH NOS I ONLY HAVE 12 PIXELS IN A ROW FOR EVERY 9 PIXELS IN A COLUMN INSTEAD OF HAVING 16 PIXELS IN A ROW FOR EVERY 9 PIXELS IN A COLUMN WOE IS ME WHATEVER SHALL I DO?
:lol :lol wtf??

Amir0x

Banned
Also, that little tiny screen above the main screen on the Wii kiosk... i guess that's gonna be running a reel of people using the wiimote, or is it just an attached static image?

-nk-

is there a source for these pics? don't say imageshack now

wow

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Sony had retailer meetings last week re. launch preparations, so it's quite possible this leaked from there. Kotaku had a text description of the PS3 kiosk yesterday that seems to match up:

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/top/insider-dishes-about-ps3-demo-stations-197547.php

One of the key aesthetic features was a aluminum rectangular piece that went from the top, then curved behind the screen and console, then curved back out at the bottom. On the bottom it featured the old PlayStation logo.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
I think somebody should take a video camera to wal-mart to tape all the adults who will look like fools swinging their arms away at the Wii Kiosk.

YOUTUBE IT!

jko

Amir0x said:
Also, that little tiny screen above the main screen on the Wii kiosk... i guess that's gonna be running a reel of people using the wiimote, or is it just an attached static image?
looks like one of those ads with a screen of the game and someone 'using' the wiimote...

GaimeGuy said:

So... never played anything in widescreen?

GaimeGuy

Amir0x said:
damn GaimeGuy that was the dumbest thing you've said all month.
Forgive me. I haven't slept all night, and my mind is ra-WOOHOO COLLEGE HERE WE COME WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

GaimeGuy

Fallout-NL said:
So... never played anything in widescreen?
Oh, no, I have. In fact I just came from a playing session of Half Life 2 on my widescreen laptop.

Doesn't really make a difference to me whether or not a game is in widescreen, shortscreen, big screen, little screen. But hey, if having your games in widescreen makes the game more "cinematic" and better, then more power to you. :lol

xaosslug

the PS3 pamphlets are prob. filled with sign up cards for Playstation Underground. and shouldn't the Wii have like, a few pamphlets as well to, you know, school folks?

xaosslug said:
the PS3 pamphlets are prob. filled with sign up cards for Playstation Underground. and shouldn't the Wii have like, a few pamphlets as well to, you know, school folks?
Wii don't need pamphlets
It'll have a little rolling video going showing people what to do.

xaosslug said:
shouldn't the Wii have like, a few pamphlets as well to, you know, school folks?

It's all delivered directly to your brain by the virtual reality headset that plugs into your cortex (not pictured).

The angle of the screen on the PS3 Kiosk looks like it'd be kinda awkward to use. The Wii one looks really streamlined and nice though.

GaimeGuy said:
Oh, no, I have. In fact I just came from a playing session of Half Life 2 on my widescreen laptop.

Doesn't really make a difference to me whether or not a game is in widescreen, shortscreen, big screen, little screen. But hey, if having your games in widescreen makes the game more "cinematic" and better, then more power to you. :lol

Would you wear these in real-life?

F1110022-A.jpg

The PS3 kiosk looks hot. The Motorstorm graphic behind the console taints its sleek vibe though. The television screen seems pretty high up too.

those look like photoshopped mock ups to me........and the TV on the PS3 kiosk is too high above the system IMO.....expect lotsa strained necks

ElyrionX

Amir0x said:

Is that a good idea? People are gonna look at it and realize that they're gonna look retarded playing the Wii in a public area and just not give the kiosk a shot at all.

Amir0x

Banned
ElyrionX said:
Is that a good idea? People are gonna look at it and realize that they're gonna look retarded playing the Wii in a public area and just not give the kiosk a shot at all.

well, they gotta let people decide i suppose. it's gonna be a spectacle either way, so, it's not something to avoid

Top Bottom