• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U 32GB Play Immeadiately Family Bundle for Japan on Oct 31 (Wii Party U + NSMBU)

I don't think a bundled 2D Mario will eat into the sales of a new 3D Mario title. If anything, it will probably boost interest. And the games come pre-loaded on the hard drive, so how can it be too small to fit them all? From what I recall Mario was only like 4GB, and I can't imagine Wii Party or Wii Fit being much more. Beyond that you can just buy physical disk releases, so I don't see how you are "forced" to buy an external HDD.

Mario was ~2GB and Fit U is ~3, but no word on Wii Party U yet.

I want a Wind Waker or Pikmin bundle in Australia for under $400 and i'm in. There's a monster hunter bundle, but I don't really care about MH.

Ranger X

This thread is funny. Do you guys realise that the WiiU NEEDS such bundles at a MINIMUM? I'd even thought Nintendo would be more agressive to save the boat. I wonder how Christmas time will play out. I'm pretty sure they'll go too soft.

knkng

This thread is funny. Do you guys realise that the WiiU NEEDS such bundles at a MINIMUM? I'd even thought Nintendo would be more agressive to save the boat. I wonder how Christmas time will play out. I'm pretty sure they'll go too soft.

Yes? I'm pretty sure that's why people are happy to see a push in a (theoretical) positive direction. Will the general public even care? Who knows.

Some Nobody

What's the ps4/xbone minimum?

Existence.

And it just occurred to me that with Sony's announcement, Nintendo has another three months all to itself in Japan. In that time: Sonic: Lost World, Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze, and Super Mario 3D World will all release. They may do decent for themselves in their home country, actually.

And if they can come up with some more killer apps during/around PS4's launch, they may not do nearly as poorly as GAF thinks.

Existence.

And it just occurred to me that with Sony's announcement, Nintendo has another three months all to itself in Japan. In that time: Sonic: Lost World, Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze, and Super Mario 3D World will all release. They may do decent for themselves in their home country, actually.

And if they can come up with some more killer apps during/around PS4's launch, they may not do nearly as poorly as GAF thinks.

DK has no release date in Japan and is said to be next year, but Wii Fit U is launching Feb 1 at retail, 3 weeks before the PS4.

fabprems

set01_photo.png

Damn at the white 32Go model, I knew I should have wait :(

PSGames

So they've finally gotten the value propositions correct. Now let's hope the marketing is finally up to snuff.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Mario was ~2GB and Fit U is ~3, but no word on Wii Party U yet.

Wait: Iwata said in the Fit U direct that you can't download the game on a basic model and you need an external HDD.
Was I dreaming?
That was the reason why I indicated that the 32gb bundle with three games could have been the right moment to introduce a bigger HDD model, imho.

At these prices? No they wouldn't of.

don't know if the market will eat those bundles, but 32gb model, remote plus, sensor bar, wii u and THREE games are too expensive at that price? when PS4 and Xbone are way more expensive without any game bundled?
don't know...

knkng

Wait: Iwata said in the Fit U direct that you can't download the game on a basic model and you need an external HDD.
Was I dreaming?
That was the reason why I indicated that the 32gb bundle with three games could have been the right moment to introduce a bigger HDD model, imho.

Probably refering to the original 8GB Basic, which they are not making anymore.

if around 3 should be downloadable also on the basic...

We don't have the exact numbers yet. Also, if you've got 3 GB left on the basic model it means you have downloaded absolutely no game/app, no game/app update data, you've got no save whatsoever, which is an uncommon situation. For example, maybe if you download Nintendo Land's update (~300MB) then you wouldn't have enough room left for Wii Fit U. Iwata's warning is completely logical.

Wii U Internal Storage Space Information
Some of the storage space is used by the system software. The 8GB Basic Set has approximately 3GB available for data storage and downloads.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
We don't have the exact numbers yet. Also, if you've got 3 GB left on the basic model it means you have downloaded absolutely no game/app, no game/app update data, you've got no save whatsoever, which is an uncommon situation. For example, maybe if you download Nintendo Land's update (~300MB) then you wouldn't have enough room left for Wii Fit U. Iwata's warning is completely logical.

Wii U Internal Storage Space Information

you are right, my bad.
if mario+fit+play will not occupy almost all the space, than I think it's a very good bundle (considering also the fit meter, the remote plus, the premium eshop promotion, the sensor bar)

BlackJace

Damn, that's a lot of value.
Just last night I was complaining about the complete lack of any moves towards Japan.

Not bad.

cvxfreak

These bundles probably won't do much to increase console sales in Japan, and they have more than a whiff of desperation to them. This reminds me of all the "desperation" X360 bundles in Japan that packed in 2 or more games (you never saw any of that with the Wii or PS3, and especially not in less than a year after launch). Then again, the Wii U has a long way to go to overtake even the pathetic X360 console sales in Japan, so I can understand Nintendo's desperation at this point.

Someone's a little pessimistic.

I don't understand how this changes anything in Japan to be honest. Are people just going to suddenly be excited in Japan for a Wii U that has been selling 5k per week in the past months?

Just wondering if this really will do it.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Amazing bundle, three games + stuff included?? Wow

I don't understand how this changes anything in Japan to be honest. Are people just going to suddenly be excited in Japan for a Wii U that has been selling 5k per week in the past months?

Seriously this is absolute bargain, will make a perfect family gift this holidays

Naxat

Neo Member
Great bundle. Now they need to bring these everywere and promote the shit out of it. With the big franchises coming and good marketing there will be at last decent numbers even with the other two consoles around the corner.

I still cant believe how bad they fucked up everything these months...

Lexxism

Of course, we don't have any idea how will these bundle will move WiiU but at least we are seeing something positive from Nintendo that they are trying to market their console. However, if it will sell or not is another thing.

Top Bottom