• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U 32GB Play Immeadiately Family Bundle for Japan on Oct 31 (Wii Party U + NSMBU)

set01_photo.png
set02_photo.png

Bundle 1 (32,800 yen):
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/hardware/familyset/index.html
32GB Wii U + NSMBU + Wii Party U + Sensor Bar + Wiimote + 30 days of Karaoke service

Bundle 2 (34,800 yen):
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/hardware/familyset/index.html#set02
32GB Wii U + NSMBU + Wii Party U + Wii Fit U + Sensor Bar + Fit Meter + Wiimote + 30 days of Karaoke service

*Bundle 2 does not come with Balance Board
*All software is pre-installed on the system

Both release October 31st.

The vanilla premium bundle is 31,500 yen (sans Nintendo Land), so this is a pretty good deal. Also comes with the Wii Party U stand for using the system horizontally on tables.

Note:
1. Regular Wii U Premium does not include the Sensor Bar in Japan
2. It does include the Deluxe Program for money back on digital purchases
3. The remote included is a Remote Plus and matches the color of the system
4. There is no Wind Waker HD bundle in Japan

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Since Japan is a Tier-3 country PS4-wise, I think I'll be getting this first. Glad I haven't bought Wii U earlier.

B.O.O.M

Guess the box was too small for Iwata's kitchen sink lol

But these are some nice bundles. I wonder how well they will do

DMczaf

Wii Fit U, but no balance board?

Isn't that like if MS bundled Dance Central 4 with Xbox One, but did not include Kinect?

What do they mean by "play immediately" ? This is the Wii U we are talking about after all.

I think it just means that you can just buy this pack and have everything you need (minus the balance board for Bundle 2) to play. You don't need to patch anything if you just want to play the thing.

blamite

Haha, the checklist on the second bundle is great. At this point it's like they're just making up boxes so they can check them.

Yowza. Sony left an opening, go for the jugular.

rofl

Wii Fit U without the balance board? Fail

even more rofl

Wii Fit U, but no balance board?

Isn't that like if MS bundled Dance Central 4 with Xbox One, but did not include Kinect?

If you don't want Wii Fit, you'll buy bundle 1. If you buy bundle 2, you already own the balance board. They sold millions of those things.

What did the first wii fit installments sell in japan? I wonder how safe the "We don't need to include the balance board in the ultra-bundle" assumption is.

Exile20

For people that are asking for the balance board. Did the one on Wii sell alot?
Chances are they already have one, plus it is cheap now anyway.

Lumyst

There's the Wii Party + Wii Mote + WiiU bundle. I think Wii Party U and Miyamoto's secret IP will be the last tests to see how much of the casual audience will return.

blamite

Wii Fit U without the balance board? Fail

I don't know how well the first two Wii Fit games sold, but based on the way they're selling the U version in both the US and Japan it seems like they're counting on a lot of buyers being upgrades from a previous version. It makes sense I guess as a way to save money shipping unnecessary Balance Boards.

Of course it sold like crazy. You don't need another balance board. They all work the same across Wii Fit, Wii Fit+ and Wii Fit U

Wii Fit sold about 3.5M in Japan according to garaph, although it may be out of date. So there are probably a lot of balance boards in the wild, yes.

It's the "We're sorry we included an expensive tablet controller, now please pull all that plastic shit out of your closet it works with this system too!" bundle.

I don't know how well the first two Wii Fit games sold, but based on the way they're selling the U version in both the US and Japan it seems like they're counting on a lot of buyers being upgrades from a previous version. It makes sense I guess as a way to save money shipping unnecessary Balance Boards.

They each sold over 20 million worldwide.

Haines

Banned
Seems to be a very VERY direct marketing attempt to regain the past casual wii owners.

This is a pretty good deal, I cant see it not selling...

Wii Fit sold about 3.5M in Japan according to garaph, although it may be out of date. So there are probably a lot of balance boards in the wild, yes.

Not to mention Wii Fit+ owners who bought a board.

It's the "We're sorry we included an expensive tablet controller, now please pull all that plastic shit out of your closet it works with this system too!" bundle.

oh... that's SO clever. it's impossible to think that a product you don't find value in could ever be used by someone else.

On Topic: Awesome Bundles.

Off Topic: I forgot Wii Party U was a thing. Kinda wish they'd just devoted resources to more Nintendo Land attractions, that game was like a Wii Party that actually worked.

Back On Topic: Holy shit though the bundles.

Top Bottom