• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U / 3DS consoles + games LTD in France - MK8 attach rate at 85%

Game absolutely deserves it, it's one of the best games I've ever played and is amazing for local MP. The selection of tracks that came with the game are also phenomenal imo.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Did we ever find out how many MK8 owners bought the DLC ? Must have sold quite a ton, just cant think of any reason why you wouldnt buy the DLC if you are able to.

69wpm

Did we ever find out how many MK8 owners bought the DLC ? Must have sold quite a ton, just cant think of any reason why you wouldnt buy the DLC if you are able to.

I don't think so. It's a pity Nintendo isn't a bit more open about stuff like this. They don't even need to give specific numbers, just something like "every 7th person has bought both DLCs" or something like that.

69wpm

Some new ltd numbers are in:

3DS

Monster Hunter 4: 100k
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask: 96k
Xenoblade Chronicles: 16k

Wii U

Splatoon: 75k
Mario Party 10: 56k (45,5k standalone, 10,8k amiibo version)

Amiibo

all together 490k

Source

In a lack of a better source, ranking data from Nintendo's mariokart.tv website may give a rough estimate.

647,413 Wii U accounts uploaded a Time Trial record to Nintendo's server on Mario Kart Stadium (the very first track in the base game).

The track from DLC Pack 1 with the most entries is Excitebike Arena (109,339).

As for DLC Pack 2, GCN Baby Park has 47,842 entries.

Roo

I don't think so. It's a pity Nintendo isn't a bit more open about stuff like this. They don't even need to give specific numbers, just something like "every 7th person has bought both DLCs" or something like that.

I mean, if they bother with hints about estimated sales they vere well could spill the beans directly lol

cireza

Banned
Nintendo can do this forever :

Release a random new console and Mario 2D + 3D + Kart + Smash.
Everything will sell enough to make a profit.
Repeat.

I am part of the problem, I have a Wii U and Mario Kart (and live in France). But it was my first Mario Kart since Double Dash. And probably won't buy the next ones, its always the same thing anyway...

Wow who would have thought that fans of Nintendo's console would also be fans of their long running IPs?! I am more interest in seeing how non Nintendo IPs are doing on the platform.

69wpm

I said wow. I figured Zelda would have broader appeal, even if Majora's Mask is the black sheep of the series.

I think Capcom is very pleased with MH in the West. Maybe they'll try to localize it a bit faster. Could you imagine a worldwide release? A man can dream.

Roo

I am part of the problem, I have a Wii U and Mario Kart (and live in France). But it was my first Mario Kart since Double Dash. And probably won't buy the next ones, its always the same thing anyway...

Yeah, they should add FPS elements to it next time... /S

jimi_dini

MK8 has an attach rate of around 85 %.

bpW6Xkd.gif

Sure it's only France, but holy sh...

Fully deserved. This should be the worldwide attach rate :p

Top Bottom