• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U: Amazon distributor claims Nov 11 release, $249 price tag. 3 Bundles

249: Pro controller.
299: Wii U Pad.
350: Wii U Pad + wiimote, Backwards Compatibility.
You're crazy if you think any sku won't include the pad.

$250 was overpriced for the Wii, Nintendo was making a good chunk of change on each unit sold.

$250 for the Wii U is pretty crazy with the tablet factored in.
I'm just still upset with the Wii price... those WiiU rumored prices seem to be ok for now, we just need more information on those bundles.
Heck, maybe I'll buy both a Wii for homebrews and WiiU together next year. :)
Iirc Nintendo was originally going to release Wii for $199, but retailers pressured them into $249. Considering it was constantly sold out everywhere they didn't exactly have an incentive to price drop it for a long time either.

249 seems really low, too good to be true. I believe it when I see it.
If it does turn out to be true though the 360 and especially the PS3 need price drops. The PS3 costs the same amount, and it's been on the market for six years.

249 seems really low, too good to be true. I believe it when I see it.
If it does turn out to be true though the 360 and especially the PS3 need price drops. The PS3 costs the same amount, and it's been on the market for six years.
Well, Iwata said that they wouldn't repeat the mistakes of the 3DS, and that they would price it at a point they could maintain for a reasonable period of time. Given the flexibility of the other console manufacturers to drop their prices, and the lack of launch software showing off a definitive and unambiguous leap over current gen graphics, I think Nintendo would be wise to price it at $250 and not budge for as long as possible. It'll be something new, but affordable, and when Sony and Microsoft release their next consoles Nintendo will still have a price advantage that makes their hardware attractive even if it isn't bleeding edge.

Medalion

Banned
I know NIntendo said we'd be pleasantly surprised with the price announcement but it's kinda saying your HD home console is only as good as your portable you launched a year ago... hmmm....

Man, look at the size of this thread. I am curious about the reactions if it's actually BS and 300 or above.
I know I sure don't want to go beyond 250 anymore now :D

Top Bottom