• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Direct Nintendo Games 2013.1.23 - Jan. 23rd, 9 AM EST, 2 PM GMT, 11 PM JP

Status
Not open for further replies.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
No way they launch Mario 3D and Mario Kart this year, the same year. Probably just Wind Waker, Mario Kart and something else for this holiday. Zelda is probably 2 holidays out. I wonder where they fit in Mario and Smash next year?

Yeah. The downside to all these announcements is that they'll be stretched through 2014.

deleted

No way they launch Mario 3D and Mario Kart this year, the same year. Probably just Wind Waker, Mario Kart and something else for this holiday. Zelda is probably 2 holidays out. I wonder where they fit in Mario and Smash next year?

If Wind Waker HD sells, we could get Sunshine HD before Universe.

Moonlight

Banned
Holy fuck. HOLY FUCK. HOLY FUCK.

iPF55YT3VLFMw.gif

I cannot believe this. I just can't. Is this real life? Did all that just happen? I am in tears. I come out of class and there's just a tidal wave of impossible announcements. I am so giddy. All over my face, right into my veins, I need this like I need air.

This is the promised land.

Sadist

Oh man, I still can't believe how cool this Direct was.

Except for the party game, I want every single one of those titles. Guess the Wonderful 101 will be slated for the summer/fall, but no worries.

I'm not seeing Smash until early 2015. Maybe with Bamco helping out the dev cycle will be shortened, but Smash Bros. games are massive undertakings. Plus, the fact that nothing playable for it will be at E3 makes me think Sakurai will still be working on it into 2014.

Also, I think it'd be kinda neat if this Yoshi game took place in the same universe as Kirby's Epic Yarn. With Prince Fluff and Yin-Yarn maybe showing up. It'd' be nice to make that yarn aesthetic into its own world, it looks gorgeous. Here's hoping Fluff gets to star in his own game someday.

zroid

Banned
Don't even care if they announce nothing at E3. I'll get to see EAD Tokyo's project. Need no more than that.

And Smash.

Sandfox

I see both coming out this year. Next holiday can have X, Smash Bros, Bayonetta, and whatever else is announced this year and next year.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
This. I'm left wondering where all the third parties are at.

Well they did say a 3rd party direct would come right? I'm not expecting a bunch of megatons, but I do suspect Japanese support is going to be better than it looks now (like with today's news I feel pretty good about Persona 5 coming alongside PS3).

pestul

Can you just imagine if this was followed up by a good 3rd party Nintendo Direct...

This really is going to be an amazing E3.

Fredrik

Yup. Panic mode Nintendo is the best Nintendo. Simply awesome! :D

How many times did You say "wow" out loud? Probably 5 times for me, maybe more.

My favorites were Wind Waker remake, Monolith X, and off TV WiiU Virtual Console with 0.99€ discounted price for titles already bought on Wii VC.

GCX

This was one of the best gaming related presentations I've seen in a while and I've never seen Nintendo (or probably any other console manufacturer) be so direct about their future plans. Loved how Iwata adressed almost every complaint people have had about WiiU one by one.

Sadist

Well they did say a 3rd party direct would come right? I'm not expecting a bunch of megatons, but I do suspect Japanese support is going to be better than it looks now (like with today's news I feel pretty good about Persona 5 coming alongside PS3).

After this Direct and Nintendo's new approach according to Iwata, I'm much more interested in what their other collaborations will be.

So far we got;

Nintendo x Team Ninja = Metroid Other M
Pokémon x Nobunaga's Ambition = Pokémon Conquest (Nintendo/Tecmo-Koei)
Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem = ? (Intelligent Systems/Atlus)

Ninja Gaiden 3 RE (Tecmo-Koei, Nintendo)
Lego City Undercover (TT Fusion, Nintendo)
SiNG Party (Freestyle Games, Nintendo)
The Wonderful 101 (Platinum Games, Nintendo)
Bayonetta 2 (Platinum Games, Nintendo)
Smash Bros. 4 (Namco Bandai, Nintendo)

And apparantly there are more "collaborations" coming. Can't wait which unlikely third party will team up next with Nintendo.

pestul

This was one of the best gaming related presentations I've seen in a while and I've never seen Nintendo (or probably any other console manufacturer) be so direct about their future plans. Loved how Iwata adressed almost every complaint people have had about WiiU one by one.
I really like how he addressed their stumbles/f'ups as well. He basically puts it out bluntly that early adopters will have to wait until March before it really kicks off. Disappointing, but at least honest.

I doubt the presentation will have a large impact on overall sales for February-March, but as soon as these titles start rolling out it should pick up.

Metallix87

I'm guessing this is what the rest of the year looks like from Nintendo:

- Game & Wario
- Pikmin 3
- Wii Fit U
- Lego City Stories: Undercover
- Wii Party U
- The Wonderful 101
- The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker Reborn
- Yoshi's Epic Yarn
- Mario Kart U

2014 I bet is when we see Mario, Bayonetta, Donkey Kong, and Metroid.

Fandangox

I still haven't seen the whole direct but did I hear that right.

MOTHER 2 ON VC FINALLY (IN japan :C)

SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI MEETS FIRE EMBLEM

HD WW?

The ND hype train has actually reached its destination? No way.

They did the exact same thing with the 3DS in its first year with OOT remake in the summer and SM3DL and MK7 a month apart during the holiday season. Im not sure what's so unbelievable

- Game & Wario
- Pikmin 3
- Wii Fit U
- Wii Party U
- The Wonderful 101
- Yoshi's Epic Yarn
- Mario Kart U

Throw in SSB, X and SMTxFE for 2014 and I agree.

MCN

Banned
E3 this year is going to be epic. Playable 3D Mario, Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Wind Waker HD and Yoshi from Nintendo, as well as Microsoft and Sony likely unveiling their new consoles.

My body will never be ready for all that.

MONOLITH GAME ANNOUNCED ALREADY I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT TO SAY WW HD REMAKE WITH GAMEPLAY TWEAKS (LIKE INSIDE JABUN'S BELLY DUNGEON) I NEEDS IT DIRECTLY IN MY VEINS NON LINEAR ZELDA U ONLINE COOP IS PROBABLY NOT GONNA WORK FOR ME BECAUSE I HAVE A KID AND A WEIRD SCHEDULE BUT HOLY GUACAMOLEY ANYWAY DON'T LET ME DOWN BLUE SWAMP MAN

*deep breath*

Okay. I feel a little better now. I am now thinking of buying a Wii Uin the medium term. Well played, Nintendo.

zroid

Banned
Retro has to be the last surprise they're saving for E3.

It was pretty cool how Iwata acknowledged that Mario and Mario Kart being developed aren't "surprising" so he went and announced some real shockers.

- Game & Wario
- Pikmin 3
- Wii Fit U
- Wii Party U
- The Wonderful 101
- Yoshi's Epic Yarn
- Mario Kart U

That's fine with me!!

Revven

I'm now curious to know what Metal Gear game is heading to the Wii U! That Miiverse stuff from November is def. confirmed now.

Boerseun

Banned
Wow, I'm a bit late to the party but this Nintendo Direct had everything GAF ever wanted from Nintendo and more.a

No more complaining anymore, right, guys?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

WW and Kart are almost definitely this year, and Smash is almost definitely 2014 if not 2015 (along with the new Zelda.)

However I believe there's also a chance Retro's game might be released this year. DKCR was released in the same year that it's E3 reveal happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom