• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U eShop Launch List: 23 digital titles/pricing (retail & indie)

DGRE

Banned
image.0_standard_870.0.jpeg

UPDATED: Added the sizes for each game by request. Maybe we should change the title of the thread and make this the defacto Wii U eShop thread?

Polygon said:
Nintendo's Wii U launched today with 23 titles available for purchase online via the Nintendo eShop.
Nano Assault Neo – 81 MB
Chasing Aurora – 103 MB
Little Inferno – 114 MB
Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition – 525 MB
Scribblenaust Unlimited – 1378 MB
ESPN Sports Connection – 1645 MB
Game Party Champions – 1719 MB
New Super Marios Bro.s U – 1733 MB
Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013 – 1913 MB
Trine 2: Director’s Cut – 1941 MB
Nintendoland – 2852 MB
Madden NFL 13 – 4840 MB
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge – 5443 MB
ZombiU – 5737 MB
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed – 5898 MB
Rabbids Land – 7383 MB
EA Sports FIFA Soccer 13 – 7490 MB
Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two – 7522 MB
Darksiders II – 9574 MB
Sing Party – 12 GB
Just Dance 4 – 15 GB
Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper – 16 GB
Assassins Creed III – 17 GB
You can add:

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - 17GB
NBA 3K13 - 20GB
Pricing for the digital-only versions of titles is identical to their pricing at retail:

Assassin's Creed 3 (17GB) - $59.99
Darksiders 2 (9.7GB) - $59.99
Epic Mickey 2(7.5GB) - $59.99
ESPN Sports Connection(1.6GB) - $49.99
FIFA 13(7.5GB) - $59.99
Game Party Champions(1.7GB) - $49.99
Just Dance 4(15GB) - $49.99
Madden NFL 13(4.8GB) - $59.99
NBA 3K13(20GB) - $59.99
New Super Mario Bros. U(1.7GB) - $59.99
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge(5.4GB) - $59.99
Nintendo Land(2.8GB) - $59.99
Rabbids Lands(7.4GB) - $49.99
Scribblenauts Unlimited(1.4GB) - $59.99
Sing Party(12GB) - $49.99
Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed(5.9GB) - $39.99
Tekken Tag Tournament 2(17GB) - $54.99
Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper(16GB) - $59.99
Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2013(1.9GB) - $49.99
ZombiU(5.7GB) - $59.99

The eShop includes a separate section for indie games. Current available titles include:

Chasing Aurora(103MB) - $14.99
Little Inferno(114MB) - $14.99
Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition(525MB) - $9.99
Nano Assault Neo(81MB) - $9.99
Trine 2: Director's Cut(1.9GB) - $19.99

Article here

Notable indie titles not yet available:
Cloudberry Kingdom
Mutant Mudds Deluxe
Toki Tori 2
Bit.Trip Runner 2
The Pinball Arcade

DarkWish

Disappointed that we didn't get this list earlier because I bought a physical copy of AC3 and I'd have liked digital. Wasn't expecting this many digital titles at launch from third parties. Oh well, at least it's a good sign of things to come.

coughlanio

I want the EU pricing, we usually get shafted here on Digital titles.

On PSN for example, a new release is €69.99, where a retail copy can be got for €49.99 locally, and online for about €44.99.

Ydahs

Nintendo's handling of DD so far has been impressive. Only two major titles missing are CoD and Batman. A dedicated indie section is also a good move.

I'll be buying Nano Assault day one. Can't wait for impressions.

DGRE

Banned
Yeah I would've liked the list earlier as well. I figured others were looking for this like me so I hope this is helping a few of you out there make some decisions.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Would have been nice if they stuck with 49.99 as the top end that they had with Wii... Take a small hit there with having publishers pay less to them to afford the lower price per copy to ensure success... Oh well... Hopefully publishers do sales like they don't mind doing on Steam. Although I imagine any of that will occur for the dd copies way past the title's retail shelf life (not long for most!).

Jawmuncher

Tsk Tsk.
Nintendo leading the charge into digital yet all the pricing remains the same.
Even with the benefit of the Deluxe Version that's still pretty lame.

DGRE

Banned
Tsk Tsk.

Sony charges same price as MSRP on PSN for day and date releases and has no 10% back benefits. See: Borderlands 2

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Technically you get $5 for every $50 you spend. So if you buy a $60 game you'll get a $5 bonus card. If you spend $40 more (total 100), you'll get another $5 bonus card.

The $5 bonus card can be either Wii, DSi, 3DS, or Wii U cards.

Essentially this means that all DLC will be cheaper on WiiU - if the prices are the same as on other consoles for upcoming releases.

Tsk Tsk.

You think Nintendo can force publishers like EA to sell their software on the Shop for less than the MSRP ?

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Yeah, it's been up all night at least, since I picked my WiiU up at midnight EST.

Works too. Downloading ZombiU right now.

Have you figured out how to use it? I can get to my wish list, but I can't figure out how to add anything to it. I don't see the option on any of the product detail pages.

Jawmuncher

Sony charges same price as MSRP on PSN for day and date releases and has no 10% back benefits. See: Borderlands 2

You think Nintendo can force publishers like EA to sell their software on the Shop for less than the MSRP ?

Yeah I did a little more digging on the matter.
Digital on consoles still has a little bit of ways to go to be completely viable.
Though the updated thread on how Nintendo is allowing publishers access to change their prices is a very good step so long as they don't want to stay greedy forever.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
Huh, Little Inferno is out already? I'm intrigued, but 15$ seems like too much for a game that looks so simple and strange.

You can add The Pinball Arcade as a yet to be release indie. Foresight said it would be out as close to launch as possible.

Kouriozan

So Warriors orochi 3 is a launch downloadable title on JP and US eShop, I see no reason to not have it on EU eShop as well.

They actually call the section Indie? I guess they'll make a third section when Nintendo or other big publishers release a download-only title?

Terrell

Are the purchases still linked to the console, rather than a account?

Linked to account but tethered to the hardware with authorization copy protection, as I understand it. Basically, until Nintendo is told otherwise, your account purchases can't go anywhere else but that device. This also applies to content on external HDDs.

In the event that your Wii U breaks, you'd call Nintendo and they'd de-authorize that device for all your purchases.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward

Sony has a blanket discount on first party Vita games, afaik. Since Vita was their first universal day-and-date digital platform it might be a better point of comparison than PS3.

(Although are Wii-U digital releases universal?)

Linked to account but tethered to the hardware with authorization copy protection, as I understand it. Basically, until Nintendo is told otherwise, your account purchases can't go anywhere else but that device. This also applies to content on external HDDs.

In the event that your Wii U breaks, you'd call Nintendo and they'd de-authorize that device for all your purchases.

,,Amazing'' work by Nintendo, as usual. Pretty much makes accounts superfluous...
My country doesn't even have an own Nintendo branch that you could call, so I wonder what would happen here. Probably nothing and the games are again lost.

DGRE

Banned
Sony has a blanket discount on first party Vita games, afaik. Since Vita was their first universal day-and-date digital platform it might be a better point of comparison than PS3.

(Although are Wii-U digital releases universal?)

No they aren't.

I think home console to home console is a more apt comparison. It doesn't matter, though. With the premium discount, the prices are right in-line with PSN pricing on Vita titles.

Top Bottom