• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Firmware Update is live everywhere. Everyone calm down.

Neiteio

Aaaaaaaaand... Done.

EDIT: Meh, just added folders, unified system account, OS-level voice chat, color to Miiverse drawings, etc.

BlackJace

You know that next-gen game you've always wanted? The one everyone's been talking about? Yes, that one.
Friend's dad's cousin's uncle confirmed that it's coming installed on this update.

The OP should add the release notes to the first post for when its finally updated.

http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu/system-update/

It hasn't been updated as it still at 3.1.0U:

"Available Now:
New features and improved performance for your Wii U console

Unlock the next level of potential for your Wii U™ experience with system update 3.1.0 U, available now. Features include:

Improvements to standby functions: The standby functions will now regularly connect to the Internet when the Wii U console is powered down to check for available SpotPass data or software and system updates. Software updates will be installed while the Wii U console is powered down, and system updates will be installed the next time the Wii U console is powered on.

Improvements to system stability and usability: Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience."

Thanks for reminding me. That hopefully means that the update will already be downloaded by the time I get home.

The OP should add the release notes to the first post for when its finally updated.

"Available Now:

Unlock the next level of potential for your Wii U™ experience with system update 3.1.0 U, available now. Features include:

Improvements to standby functions: The standby functions will now regularly connect to the Internet when the Wii U console is powered down to check for available SpotPass data or software and system updates. Software updates will be installed while the Wii U console is powered down, and system updates will be installed the next time the Wii U console is powered on.

Improvements to system stability and usability: Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience."
I like the next level of of potential part lol

wow-its-fucking-nothing.jpg

Vidal

Software downloaded from the Nintendo eShop will include released updates and will no longer need to be updated after installation

SONY, I'M LOOKING AT YOU

Fandangox

I'm scared that it's not a big deal because they haven't said ANYTHING about it.

Why would they do that? Lol, that doesn't make sense. The maintenance, if anything, would have been to prepare for the update.

Yeah I have no idea of these stuff works, but just throwing out uneducated guesses.

Cystm

Nintendo fans are crazy. I hope this firmware update that you are all freaking out over lives up to your hype levels.

The updating while in standby is awesome, but really this is mostly a stability update. Still, I'm happy they're improving some of this stuff.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

"Available Now:

why are you posting this, this is last update

Jrs3000

So I turned on my wii u and it asked me to verify my account password and now accept a nintendo network service agreement. Anyone else get this?

This update is going too fast, it can't be the big one. It must just be preparing all the little Pikmin inside Wii Us for tomorrow when they will have to rearrange all the innards!

zink120

So I turned on my wii u and it asked me to verify my account password and now accept a nintendo network service agreement. Anyone else get this?

Yep, click on your mii, enter your password and accept the new service agreement. Then download the update!

Top Bottom