• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Wii U Games 2015

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
May 4, 2007
I know it's a Nov'14 game, but Thomas was Alone is a really nice puzzle-paltformer that many people might have overlooked last holiday season.

TheMoon

Jul 1, 2014
Hello,
Just wondering if anyone has purchased the Wii U high-capacity battery? (Here: https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/browse/productDetailColorSizePicker.jsp?productId=prod150204)

I play a ton of Wii U and having a better battery sounds great. To those who have this battery installed: is it worth it? How much playtime do you get out of a charge, realistically?

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

Yes, absolutely worth it. You'll never have to worry about the battery again unless you regularly do 8 hour gaming sessions.

Didn't all stores take down the Wii U preorder pages?

No.

And that won't change until they announce what became of them, of course.

Wut!?

No Art Academy for Europe?
It gotta release on the eShop.

These lists are never really complete anyway. Don't lose sleep over it.

thebisonxrc

Jul 10, 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
Yes, absolutely worth it. You'll never have to worry about the battery again unless you regularly do 8 hour gaming sessions.

I have one ordered up. Just waiting for it to arrive! Gotta say, I can't wait to not have to worry about the battery again.

Then get headphones with an amplifier via AA batteries. Does the trick pretty good for me.

I've never heard about this. Would you be able to recommend one to me?

ozfunghi

Jun 19, 2010
Any news about Fast NEO racing? Tantalus' new project?

I have one ordered up. Just waiting for it to arrive! Gotta say, I can't wait to not have to worry about the battery again.

I've never heard about this. Would you be able to recommend one to me?

What heaphones are you using now? The higher the ohm, the lower the sound level. Generally speaking.

69wpm

May 21, 2013
The smoke from the tires still doesn't look right. It should be much faster at that speed.

mrlion

Dec 30, 2012
So how's Devil's Third? Last I saw of it was at E3 when they showed that pretty bare demo looked like a PS2 game..

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Sep 2, 2011
if it will ever come out, I'll buy it. it reminds me so much of Sega Rally x Daytona...

frankie_baby

May 3, 2007
So how's Devil's Third? Last I saw of it was at E3 when they showed that pretty bare demo looked like a PS2 game..

Literally nothing has been seen since then, yeah the graphics were a bit ropey but the game (well the multiplayer) looked incredibly fun, I expect it'll reappear next month looking a he'll of a lot better

Sendou

Aug 8, 2011
Finland

I wasn't overly impressed by how the game looked last year but I'm interested in seeing how the game looks after another year's worth of development time.

TheMoon

Jul 1, 2014

On the previous page of this thread:

Official news didn't exist outside of E3. There was a translated interview though and the Edge interview in the Miyamoto issue last Summer. But Itagaki kept teasing it on his Facebook page all Winter. Expect news at E3 obviously. There's no point in raising panic flags a month before E3. :) (in case you were going to do that)

I was keeping track of his FB updates for a while. Read up on it here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=937999

TheMoon

Jul 1, 2014
Do you mean it looked like a PS2 game, gameplay wise? cuz at no point graphically it looked like a PS2 game

PS2 was a beast!

:p

69wpm

May 21, 2013
I'm back with some bad news about Monochroma if anyone remembers that game.

We're developing Monochroma for Xbox One. The development is close to the end. Hopefully it will be ready by the end of summer. There won't be any retail version but I can send a digital version of it to all backers who selected Xbox One, 360, Wii, Ouya or PS3, PS4 versions of Monochroma, because unfortunately these other platforms are not going to happen. We have serious performance problems that we can't overcome without developing the whole game from scratch again.

We still have a small chance for PS4 development next year but it's quite low as PS4 requires the project to be built on Unity5 and we can't port the project to Unity 5 without losing more than half of the assets. If Xbox One shows better than expected sales we will work for PS4.

You can still go for Mac, PC or Linux versions on Steam.

I'm not really sure what performance problems there would be with the PS4 version, so I guess there is some kind of Microsoft deal going on. Guess that makes another game I can add to my failed KS list.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Jan 9, 2013
That means a packed second half of the year in Europe, right? Otherwise they wouldn't have launched them both on 26th of June.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Sep 2, 2011
That means a packed second half of the year in Europe, right? Otherwise they wouldn't have launched them both on 26th of June.

I hope for a good game release for end August: that's the week I'm alone at home (I work during the day, while wife and son will be at the seaside) and I usually play games during the evening in peace :D

Devil's Third would be a perfect fit

TheMoon

Jul 1, 2014

yes it's a retail release (eShop only wouldn't make sense for this anyway) since they'd lose access to their target audience.

OCD Guy

Oct 15, 2014
I don't get the hype and excitement for either 90s arcade racer or devils third, they both look terrible.

TheMoon

Jul 1, 2014
I don't get the hype and excitement for either 90s arcade racer or devils third, they both look terrible.

90s Arcade Racer looks like a great throwback to actual 90s Arcade Racers so if you don't give a damn about those you won't care probably. I guess you fall into that category.

Devil's Third doesn't look terrible at all, it just has an unappealing looking main character. The blend of shooting and melee coupled with the traversal mechanic and general pedigree of Itagaki-style action games for the singleplayer and then you check out what they have set up for multiplayer with the "working together" aspects and all the ridiculous modes, this is quite exciting.

That said, your opinion actually reflects the general consensus so I'm not sure where you think this "hype and excitement" for DT is happening because I haven't seen any of that.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Aug 24, 2007
The multiplayer stuff in Devil's Third has kept me mildly interested. The single player story stuff doesn't appeal to me at all. Give me wacky silly team bases shooting stuff all day.

Effect

Jun 15, 2007
I'm back with some bad news about Monochroma if anyone remembers that game.

I'm not really sure what performance problems there would be with the PS4 version, so I guess there is some kind of Microsoft deal going on. Guess that makes another game I can add to my failed KS list.

Part of why I'm wary of Wii U versions being added on to large list of supported platforms when it comes to kickstarter goals. This is on top of being wary of kickstarter in general and having to remind myself of this when the hype for something does make me forget. Being promised does not mean the game will ultimately come in the end. Why I can't bring myself to look forward to any indie games until I know that game is actually up for sale on the eShop.

Speaking of Devil's Third we have to get an update on that at E3. It's been dark ever since the last day of Treehouse Live last year. With the gaming media simply not caring about it there was no one to ask Nintendo regarding it's status or to get a look at it.

TheMoon

Jul 1, 2014
Speaking of Devil's Third we have to get an update on that at E3. It's been dark ever since the last day of Treehouse Live last year. With the gaming media simply not carrying about it there was no one to ask Nintendo regarding it's status or to get a look at it.

No, Ita was interviewed by EDGE in their big nintendo issue last summer and then there was another interview a bit later. Plus Ita's FB updates. But yea, footage wise it's obviously gone dark since E3.

It'll show up at E3. With a date. Release soon. Bet on it. I know there are people who don't even think this'll come out this year but these people also have really dumb opinions a lot of the time. :D

IAmtheFMan

Jun 7, 2004
No, Ita was interviewed by EDGE in their big nintendo issue last summer and then there was another interview a bit later. Plus Ita's FB updates. But yea, footage wise it's obviously gone dark since E3.

It'll show up at E3. With a date. Release soon. Bet on it. I know there are people who don't even think this'll come out this year but these people also have really dumb opinions a lot of the time. :D

Yeah, Itagaki's been pretty active talking about updates on facebook.

I don't think it'll look amazing graphically, but if it's got a stable framerate and the polished-Itagaki gameplay, then I'm definitely picking it up.

TheMoon

Jul 1, 2014
Yeah, Itagaki's been pretty active talking about updates on facebook.

I don't think it'll look amazing graphically, but if it's got a stable framerate and the polished-Itagaki gameplay, then I'm definitely picking it up.

I thought it looked "good enough" pretty much. Clearly nothing to write home about but it does the job. The gameplay blend/insanity was the general hook for me.

PooBone

Jan 31, 2009
Star Fox Wii U is obviously gonna get unveiled. What surprises do you think Nintendo might have in store for E3? I've been trying to rack my brain and the best I could come up with is a 2D Metroid for phones.

TheMoon

Jul 1, 2014
Star Fox Wii U is obviously gonna get unveiled. What surprises do you think Nintendo might have in store for E3? I've been trying to rack my brain and the best I could come up with is a 2D Metroid for phones.

There will obviously not be a 2D Metroid for phones. What on earth would make you think something this stupid would happen? Metroid needs buttons. They've been very clear about their approach in that regard.

E3 will have Star Fox, Devil's Third "re-reveals" plus likely the new Next Level Games title, possibly an early showing of Retro's next thing (they COULD be far enough along to show something but it's not a safe bet by a long shot). They could pull another Hyrule Warriors out of their head since they can make those in their sleep. There'll be spin-off games, Project Giant Robot and Project Guard will resurface either as full games or integrated into Star Fox, EAD Tokyo might have another spin-off ready...

A ton of stuff that could be happening, really.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Jul 29, 2010
Europe is getting a decent set of releases (relatively) for Wii U this May/June.

Kirby: Rainbow Curse - 5/8
Splatoon - 5/29
Yoshi's Wooly World - 6/26
Art Academy: Sketchpad - 6/26

jariw

Oct 14, 2014

Nintendo has said that they will only announce game console stuff at this year's E3. No phone games or QoL.

I've giving up trying to guessing what's announced at the Nintendo E3 show. Last year, I only guessed correct on Yoshi (and Mario Maker was leaked before the show). But OTOH I can't stop thinking that some EAD unit is working on Pikmin 4:
At the same time, we have also prepared a demo version of “Pikmin 3” so anyone who hasn’t played Pikmin can experience its unique joy. Continually launching campaigns after the release of software will lay the groundwork for the next iteration of “Pikmin” in the future. (Miyamoto last year in October.)

Upcoming Splatoon modes/maps/etc will probably be discussed at E3. Wondering if they're setting up 4+4 demo stations though.

clevbrowns94

Feb 20, 2015
Europe is getting a decent set of releases (relatively) for Wii U this May/June.

Kirby: Rainbow Curse - 5/8
Splatoon - 5/29
Yoshi's Wooly World - 6/26
Art Academy: Sketchpad - 6/26

Yeah, I'm jealous that we have to wait until Fall for Yoshi in NA. I'm actually more excited about the yarn amiibos than the game. But we did get Kirby and Toad sooner than Europe so it's fair.

TheMoon

Jul 1, 2014
Maybe not PS2 but between PS2 and PS3. Let's be honest. Graphically it looked like pure shit.

Not really, no. Certainly didn't look unique or particularly interesting. But "like pure shit" is incredibly off the mark.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
May 4, 2007
I've been having a big grin on my face ever since I got Kirby last week. I'm perfectly good even through the end of next month for Splatoon.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Jul 29, 2010
We'll have to agree to disagree. It looked closer to a PS2 game than a current gen.

current gen = PS4/XB1? I think you're mistaking the games that came out like in the past 2 years on last-gen (like Last of Us on 360/PS3) as "all of last-gen". It looks like a mid cycle 360/PS3 game easily with some rough textures here and there..

Some screenshots from Devil's Third below (these are taken from a youtube video, so even these are lower quality than the actual game):

vs.
MGS3 on PS2

ozfunghi

Jun 19, 2010
We'll have to agree to disagree. It looked closer to a PS2 game than a current gen.

Not really an issue of "agree to disagree". This is just pure BS. It looks like a PS360 gen game. Nothing more, nothing less. Not the best looking game, not the worst. Comparing it to PS2 is just asking for people to ignore your opinion going forward.