Wii U in the wild

Hero

Jun 6, 2004
I cannot believe how many people just got fooled by a Fragdoll's joking tweet.

JABEE

May 19, 2010
Is there going to be an Audio Out port on the Wii? My HDTV is from 2006 and it only has one HDMI input that I use a splitter for video through HDMI and audio from a coax cable connected to a HTIB Samsung BluRay player? Do I need a modern HDTV or sound system?

Roo

Sep 4, 2011
Is there going to be an Audio Out port on the Wii? My HDTV is from 2006 and it only has one HDMI input that I use a splitter for video through HDMI and audio from a coax cable connected to a HTIB Samsung BluRay player? Do I need a modern HDTV or sound system?
I think it doesn't have one.
It only has HDMI, USB, Power, Sensor Bar and Video ports.

panama chief

May 2, 2011
Florida
You guys complaining about glossy black......Nintendo hasn't done matte finish on consoles since GameCube, what's the fussing for?

"Oh no, won't match my master decorating....I'll pass." gtfo.

Ace Harding

Mar 29, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
You know, it's funny. About 10 minutes ago if you'd asked me, "hey Fong Ghoul, are you going to buy a Wii U?" I would have said no. I didn't buy a Wii, and I just wasn't excited by this console at all.

But now, after looking at that picture, all I can think about is bringing home that box, opening it, and hooking up a brand new console. From Nintendo.

Day 1.

if my wife lets me

hiryu64

Jun 5, 2010
Link appears to be down...did the ninjas strike already?

EDIT: Nevermind...account appears to be protected. Is the post still up? I don't have a Twitter account. I'd honestly be surprised if something like this were to stay up for long.

jts

...hate me...
Apr 29, 2007
PT
How many consoles have they put out since GameCube? You make it sound like its many and I've missed them.
The Wii. And the Wii is glossy. So every damn Nintendo console since the GC is glossy, everyone should know by now! Why would they change that trend?

Unless he's referring to portables too. In which case would be dead wrong.

But I do like the glossy look though. So sexy in black.

ED Cantu

Jun 4, 2012
I don't care about the gloss, If I buy a Wii U it's going to be the black one even if it will have fingerprints all the time.

zoukka

Nov 18, 2006
Finland
The overall design is the same but there are minor changes.
They added the logo to the front panel!
I just have to admit I guessed wrong when I thought it was clearly a placeholder case. Because that's one bland-ass console design. Then again it's better on the long run, but I've gotten used on consoles looking all cool and weird when they launch.

Medalion

Banned
Dec 12, 2008
up my ass
Do people feel the need to pick up their core home console system all the time?

Just take it outta the box, place on whatever surface... Let it collect dust, profit!