• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U in the wild

For those complaining about the gloss: How often do you handle your consoles?

My Wii and 360 haven't moved from under my TV since I moved into my house in 2010.

Time for someone to teach the frag dolls how to do a hardware breakdown

My Wii and 360 haven't moved from under my TV since I moved into my house in 2010.

My gloss 360 has minute scratches all over it from dusting and the odd pick up and move, it's just not nice. Matte consoles are the best.

for me, it's more about dust settling on them. My black Wii and my black PS3 60GB look gross compared to my white Arcade 360

And I do dust, just not often enough.

also I have a toddler with grubby little hands.

I have to admit...in the past couple weeks I've gone from zero interest to pure excitement. Zombie U (for one thing) looks awesome as fuck

ASIS

WHY AM I JELOUS?!!

I was supposed to take a wait and see approach. Now i know for a fact that I'll buy one immediately at launch.

Pharros

That arm with the pink sleeve looked photoshopped for some reason, I swear I looked at it for like 3 minutes. Crazy eyes messing with me.

But in regards to the actual focal point of the picture, damnnnn I want that black...

That is not an attractive looking console. Blech. As long as it plays Mario and Metroid though, I guess I can hide it behind something.

MrT-Tar

Am I the only one who likes the appearance of glossy black? It's just a pain handling it without smudgy marks, which isn't too much of a problem for a home console, unlike my old DS lite

WHY AM I JELOUS?!!

I was supposed to take a wait and see approach. Now i know for a fact that I'll buy one immediately at launch.

I know - it's funny, isn't it?

Ever since E3 I've been of the mind that I'll skip the launch and re-evaluate sometime next year when more games are out.

Then I see this picture and I go all, "OMG, NEW HARDWARE!!! WHY DON'T I HAVE IT???"

I don't mind glossy but that rope is actually somewhat bothering me...
Why does it have to be that thick?

I hope it's just a video or power supply cable and not a connection cable for the controller.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Then they dug further into the parcel and realise they has been sent no games and more importantly no power adapter.

tnaden

Do we know yet what the video out connector on the back is? HDMI and/or proprietary?

Standard HDMI / WII cable depending on your TV
EDIT:
wiiuback.jpg

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
If those are real, finished units then at least we can have faith that Nintendo is on track for this holiday.

Nah, Virtual Boy was charming because it was weird, this is just plain ugly, that glossy black is especially hideous.
I'm going to have to disagree with ya.

The Nintendo 64 remains my least favorite. It's simply not attractive to me in any way and has only become worse with age.

Super Famicom or Gamecube are perhaps my favorites from Nintendo.

I know - it's funny, isn't it?

Ever since E3 I've been of the mind that I'll skip the launch and re-evaluate sometime next year when more games are out.

Then I see this picture and I go all, "OMG, NEW HARDWARE!!! WHY DON'T I HAVE IT???"

I really need to shake this. There's like no launch games I'm interested in but want so bad. My kingdom for a launch 3D Mario.

Top Bottom