• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U in the wild

Wiseblade

Wow, I totally forgot that the Frag Dolls are a thing. Thanks for reminding me, now I have to live with that information again. :(

Mr. F

Banned
Why are people acting shocked at the glossy black? Every bit of promo material featuring a black Wii-U has had shine/reflections coming off it.

I'm more surprised Frag Dolls are still a thing.

thank you Ubisoft for keeping things interesting once again
KuGsj.gif

Yes GLOSSY BLACK!!! I AM ON IT!

Why are people acting shocked at the glossy black? Every bit of promo material featuring a black Wii-U has had shine/reflections coming off it.

I'm more surprised Frag Dolls are still a thing.

This, totally.

When does Assassin's Creed 3 come out? That's the only game that's been announced that interests me.
(and I don't have a PS3 or 360)

Pretty sure Nintendo will try to feign supply issues to boost sales and make it hard to get this Christmas.
Maybe it's best to wait for Spring after everyone's first impressions have been out to decide if I'm on board or not.

Seeing new Nintendo hardware in the wild though... This is really happening. It's exciting.

jerd

So we still don't know what is going on here? As in why they have consoles? There's gotta be something to this.

skip

So we still don't know what is going on here? As in why they have consoles? There's gotta be something to this.

99.95% certain it's PAX setup. fragdolls do the demos, so it would stand they'd need some practice time before the floor opens.

I'm really disappointed with the design of the console. It's somehow similar to Wii but completely inferior to it at the same time. I miss the disc slot light.

I'm probably going to go with black, but I'm still torn.

I thought Debug units came in some strange color that is different from the retail units?
These are Ubisoft's show floor boxes... still what changed this trend?

Roo

I'm really disappointed with the design of the console. It's somehow similar to Wii but completely inferior to it at the same time. I miss the disc slot light.

C'mon now you don't even know if Wii U will have the disc slot light

Pociask

Is the synch button news? I'm a little disappointed that the synch process will still be utilized, and there's not some kind of software solution. Re-synching is a pain in the neck!

eXistor

I long for the day that glossy anything will die. Who the hell thinks it looks good anyway? It's tacky as shit and it only looks good when still in the box, the moment you expose it to anything it's dust city.

Majine

Banned

If you ask Nintendo, it's the gamepad that is the face of this console. And I believe I've seen that the Home button has a glow around it.

Rich!

If it wasn't for the sync button, I'd have no issues.

At least have a cover for it like on the Wii, god fucking damnit.

theDeeDubs

I long for the day that glossy anything will die. Who the hell thinks it looks good anyway? It's tacky as shit and it only looks good when still in the box, the moment you expose it to anything it's dust city.

While I prefer black matte, anything is better than white electronics :).

C'mon now you don't even know if Wii U will have the disc slot light
Oh, no, don't get me wrong, the disc slot light is minor to me. I just felt that it made Wii unique, and I liked it.

But I'm almost sure Wii U won't have it. The whole design is just lacking to me. It's, as they said, just a box.

I know the GamePad is the focus, but I wish it wasn't so. The Wii console still had some attention even though the Wii Remote, in my opinion, was a bigger deal than the GamePad.

Mr. F

Banned

I wish they had gone bolder with the design than a Wii with rounded edges, doesn't do them any favours with market confusion.

jts

...hate me...
The sensor bar wire/connection bothers me to no end.

do a wireless sb powered by magic

and make deals with tv manufacturers to have it built in

ninty pls

Top Bottom