• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U in the wild

JABEE

Is there going to be an Audio Out port on the Wii? My HDTV is from 2006 and it only has one HDMI input that I use a splitter for video through HDMI and audio from a coax cable connected to a HTIB Samsung BluRay player? Do I need a modern HDTV or sound system?

rTsnl.jpg

Haha.

Looks good. I don't mind glossy consoles, just keep that shit away from my handhelds.

Roo

Is there going to be an Audio Out port on the Wii? My HDTV is from 2006 and it only has one HDMI input that I use a splitter for video through HDMI and audio from a coax cable connected to a HTIB Samsung BluRay player? Do I need a modern HDTV or sound system?

I think it doesn't have one.
It only has HDMI, USB, Power, Sensor Bar and Video ports.

How is this happening?

I just don't understand what these girls are going to do with them or what Nintendo would give them out for? Someone explain please

You guys complaining about glossy black......Nintendo hasn't done matte finish on consoles since GameCube, what's the fussing for?

"Oh no, won't match my master decorating....I'll pass." gtfo.

You know, it's funny. About 10 minutes ago if you'd asked me, "hey Fong Ghoul, are you going to buy a Wii U?" I would have said no. I didn't buy a Wii, and I just wasn't excited by this console at all.

But now, after looking at that picture, all I can think about is bringing home that box, opening it, and hooking up a brand new console. From Nintendo.

Day 1.

if my wife lets me

hiryu64

Link appears to be down...did the ninjas strike already?

EDIT: Nevermind...account appears to be protected. Is the post still up? I don't have a Twitter account. I'd honestly be surprised if something like this were to stay up for long.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
You guys complaining about glossy black......Nintendo hasn't done matte finish on consoles since GameCube, what's the fussing for?

"Oh no, won't match my master decorating....I'll pass." gtfo.
How many consoles have they put out since GameCube? You make it sound like its many and I've missed them.

jts

...hate me...
How many consoles have they put out since GameCube? You make it sound like its many and I've missed them.
The Wii. And the Wii is glossy. So every damn Nintendo console since the GC is glossy, everyone should know by now! Why would they change that trend?

Unless he's referring to portables too. In which case would be dead wrong.

But I do like the glossy look though. So sexy in black.

ED Cantu

I don't care about the gloss, If I buy a Wii U it's going to be the black one even if it will have fingerprints all the time.

zoukka

The overall design is the same but there are minor changes.
They added the logo to the front panel!

I just have to admit I guessed wrong when I thought it was clearly a placeholder case. Because that's one bland-ass console design. Then again it's better on the long run, but I've gotten used on consoles looking all cool and weird when they launch.

Medalion

Banned
Do people feel the need to pick up their core home console system all the time?

Just take it outta the box, place on whatever surface... Let it collect dust, profit!

Top Bottom