• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U makes it in CNET's Top Holiday Tech List

Yawn.gif

stuminus3

Son of a bitch, an old friend of mine just told me he was thinking about buying a Wii U for him and his kids to play this Christmas and he asked me if I thought he should and I said yes. This is like that time I told everybody I knew to buy a Dreamcast and then Sega cancelled it. That's why nobody wants to be my friend. Except for this one guy. And I just ruined that. Thanks, Iwata.

I guess if you take games out of the equation, then yeah, Wii U would be a horrible gift. Maybe I'm out of touch and people don't buy game systems for that reason anymore though.

Sheroking

Ouch.

CNET, Forbes, Reuters - these sites need to stop talking about game consoles, though. They don't understand them or the community.

At least they gave the Wii-U some marketing presence. I'm calling this a win for the Wii-U, because at least people are talking about it!

No, I'm not even kidding.

What's funny is Nintendo is banking on word of mouth to carry the Wii U sales so they won't have to spend money on advertisement.

When word of mouth is terrible, it's going to continue to be terrible until you start changing the tone with advertisement.

Majine

Banned
I'd argue that Mario 3D World is more interesting (and christmas-ier!) game than anything the other consoles can muster for this holiday...

Coolwhip

Banned
Even though he makes no argument and apparantly implies you SHOULD get an Xbone... even if he didn't say any of those things, what a fucking annoying dude. Everything about him makes me want to punch my screen.

AkuMifune

Banned
If you have a good gaming PC, a Wii U makes more sense than either of the other new consoles...until the exclusives are actually any good anyway.

joe2187

Banned
Meh, I'm still buying a Wii-U if possible during Black Friday, I'm skipping the PS4 and the Xbone just to buy a Wii-U.

I cannot deny myself Bayo 2

Sendou

If you have a good gaming PC, a Wii U makes more sense than either of the other new consoles...until the exclusives are actually any good anyway.

I got the feeling that playing on PC still doesn't exist on casual sites like Cnet. I rarely see it mentioned in a serious sense.

What's funny is Nintendo is banking on word of mouth to carry the Wii U sales so they won't have to spend money on advertisement.

When word of mouth is terrible, it's going to continue to be terrible until you start changing the tone with advertisement.

I mean they spent some decent marketing dollars during launch but the message was not all that clear as people still didn't understand what it even was (controller or new console).

Yup that's why I bought a wii u instead. There ain't shit to play on the other systems right now, and the wii u has fun games out or coming out soon

-MB-

Proves even big tech sites like cnet are filled with manchilds wih posting habits that hardly transcend gamefaqs forums.

Yup that's why I bought a wii u instead. There ain't shit to play on the other systems right now, and the wii u has fun games out or coming out soon

I can't wait to get a Wii-U, the new Mario has me hyped. My gaming PC will be far ahead of the consoles power-wise for a long time.

Top Bottom