• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U marketing materials starting to arrive at retail stores v2.0 (Read the OP)

Amir0x

Banned
You bought a 3DS at launch though. You probably can justify anything =p

That's the reason why I won't do it this time. I brought a 3DS because I was convinced Paper Mario 3DS would make it out before Holiday 2011, and I didn't imagine a price drop would come by that point. I thought it might even be retail shortage situation.

So I didn't want to miss Paper Mario

serves me right

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
P-100, Zombi U and Pikmin 3 are the only game I really want at launch. Mario will come eventually, but I'm happy to wait. P-100 takes priority, followed by Pikmin 3. Zombi U next because I do think it will be pretty neat.

Zombi U is the only one I'd guarantee at launch, but I don't think it's enough by itself.

If Pikmin and Mario both come out on launch, I'll just get those 2. I don't think Pikmin will come until a little later though.

As far as 3rd party games go, I'm interested in Mass Effect 3 and Dark Siders II. I'll definitely get DSII with Mario at launch if it's out. If it's not, I'll get ME3. I might also be interested in getting ASIII and NG3 later on, depending on reviews.

I'm thinking my list will look something like this.

black Wii U
black Pro controller
New Super Mario Bros U
Dark Siders II

Neiteio

Hmm, I think NSMBU and P-100 could make me pull the trigger at launch. I'm usually not one for the NSMB games -- Wonderbread bland! -- but the multiplayer of the Wii version coupled with World-esque background art in HD is oddly enticing. And P-100 just looks fantastic, like DMC meets Pikmin in Onett from Earthbound.

Pikmin 2 is one of my favorite games but I don't feel the magic yet with Pikmin 3. I guess I still need a proper look at its main campaign.

Amir0x

Banned
Hmm, I think NSMBU and P-100 could make me pull the trigger at launch. I'm usually not one for the NSMB games -- Wonderbread bland! -- but the multiplayer of the Wii version coupled with World-esque background art in HD is oddly enticing. And P-100 just looks fantastic, like DMC meets Pikmin in Onett from Earthbound.

Pikmin 2 is one of my favorite games but I don't feel the magic yet with Pikmin 3. I guess I still need a proper look at its main campaign.

let's feel the magic of Pikmin 3, together, online!

oh wai--

Aguila

#ICONIC
I can't wait to start seeing the commercials and stuff
iuVGqNVB3iaJz.gif

I wish we knew what Nintendo was releasing next year so I could plan out when to purchase certain games. What if there is a huge gap between releases?

Any chance there will be more info come Gamescom this Wednesday? I know it's in Germany but I hope to hear some U.S. info. I haven't heard any new title rumors either, concerning Gamescom and Wii U so it's a little confusing.

P-100, Zombi U and Pikmin 3 are the only game I really want at launch. Mario will come eventually, but I'm happy to wait. P-100 takes priority, followed by Pikmin 3. Zombi U next because I do think it will be pretty neat.

Zombi U is the only one I'd guarantee at launch, but I don't think it's enough by itself.

Same goes for me. Rayman will probably end up on the PC at some point.

Does anyone know if Lego City Undercover is going to be a launch title?

Any chance there will be more info come Gamescom this Wednesday? I know it's in Germany but I hope to hear some U.S. info. I haven't heard any new title rumors either, concerning Gamescom and Wii U so it's a little confusing.
Nintendo doesn't attend Gamescom.
They have, however, got an autumn conference and a Nintendo Direct in the pipeline, so that's where you probably want to be looking for info.

Bumhead

Banned
P-100, Pikmin 3, NSMBU and ZombiU for me.

Maybe FIFA 13 as well unless I've already bought it on PS3, and depending on how the feedback is for the Wii U version.

Wix

The way my budget is looking right now I'll be getting a black Wii U, AC3 and Rayman Origins if it'll launch at <$300. Anything above and I'll only get AC3 with the system.

Sadist

I'm interested in Project P-100, Pikmin 3 and Zombi U.

Other choices are Batman AC AE, Darksiders II and NSMB U

Taurus

ZombiU and NSMBU are must-buys for me. I'll propably get 1-2 or games more, but still undecided about them. Fifa13 seems really cool, as well as AC3. Rayman is a great game according to videos I've seen, but NSMBU might be the 2D game to go for me. P-100's gameplay confuses me so far...

Theorymon

I honestly wasn't going to get a Wii U at launch till I heard that New Super Mario Bros U was probably going to be a launch title. Now I HAVE to get it because I'm a rabid Mario junkie who needs to get his fix!

I'll also probably get Pikmin 3, because while the lack of online sucks, it doesn't effect me to much, and Pikmin 2 was probably one of my favorite Gamecube games. P-100 intrigues the hell out of me, and since Kamiya is behind it, I'm probably going to love it! Rayman Legends is also a must buy for me since I liked Origins a lot, and I'll probably pick up Batman Arkham City since I only recently beat Arkham Asylum. So overall, I'd say that I'm way more interested in this launch than that awful 3DS launch!

Man I can't believe that NSMBU probably won't have online multiplayer. The thought of them making billions off these games and not being able to invest that just makes me angry. At least Rayman kind of has an excuse.

Man I can't believe that NSMBU probably won't have online multiplayer. The thought of them making billions off these games and not being able to invest that just makes me angry. At least Rayman kind of has an excuse.
What is Rayman's excuse?

I'm fine with NSMBWiiU being offline only. I prefer to play IRL with friends. I don't want kids yelling at me because I bumped them off a ledge and into the lava. Blech.

Haliela

When it comes to my Nintendo games I vastly prefer local play. Would online have been nice? Sure, but it's not going to make or break it for me in the least.

xandaca

If I had a job and enough money to buy the console and games, I'd be looking at NSMBU, P-100, Pikmin 3, Darksiders 2. Just got Batman in the recent Steam Sale, so not interested in that, would definitely get BlOps 2 if it has pointer aiming (quite likely), won't get ZombiU because it doesn't have pointer aiming (although if Ubisoft had included it, it'd be on my list). Would get FIFA if it has the key features of the other console versions, aka player editors, proper manager mode, etc. Maybe Rayman too, although I didn't particularly love what I played of the last one.

Dartastic

Rayman. Rayman, Rayman, Rayman.

...after Rayman, Mario, ZombiU, and either Pikmin or P-100. If I get bored of those games eventually, I'll go ahead and jump on Assassins Creed 3 and Darksiders 2. I'm not super stoked for either of those, so I'm okay with waiting for the WiiU version, assuming they're not way more expensive than the 360/PS3 versions at that point. Especially as they should be the best versions of the game.

AntMurda

People really expect P-100 to be a launch game? From the initial press fact sheet i would bet money on it being Q1 2013.

Nintendo Land and New Super Mario Bros. U i will purchase at launch. Digitally infact. I suspect one more first-party game will launch with the hardware but i think it is an even race between Pikmin 3, Wii Fit U, and Sing.

Is there a Nintendo Direct coming soon?

Should be one in about 2 weeks going by the schedule of the last couple.

What is Rayman's excuse?

I'm fine with NSMBWiiU being offline only. I prefer to play IRL with friends. I don't want kids yelling at me because I bumped them off a ledge and into the lava. Blech.

Rayman is made cheaply which is the only reason it's allowed to be made by Ubisoft in the first place. Nintendo makes hundreds of millions of dollars of 2d Mario. There is seriously no excuse for them not to have online play in the game. Who said anything about playing kids? I have friends all over the country I would love to play with.

Rayman is made cheaply which is the only reason it's allowed to be made by Ubisoft in the first place. Nintendo makes hundreds of millions of dollars of 2d Mario. There is seriously no excuse for them not to have online play in the game. Who said anything about playing kids? I have friends all over the country I would love to play with.
Fair enough.

Pseudo_Sam

Survives without air, food, or water
God damn I want Pikmin. I WANT IT.

I've been playing Pikmin 2 in preparation, and I forgot how mind-fuckingly awesome the multiplayer is
especially while drunk.
Makes me even more salty 3 won't have online. I could see that being an incredible online multiplayer experience. I would leave room for the possibility of a patch/update in the future but LOL NOPE

Zia

People really expect P-100 to be a launch game? From the initial press fact sheet i would bet money on it being Q1 2013.

I didn't expect P-100 to be a launch (proper) game, either. As such, the only launch game I'm really looking forward to is Pikmin 3. And maybe Little Inferno, but I have a feeling that even if it's ready, Nintendo won't have it up at launch.

Fargo, ND. As I said yesterday our GS in the mall didn't have them set up so today I stopped at our other GameStop store and snapped this pic, it's spreading:

Edit: So while I was there I preordered NSMB2 and had the following conversation:

Me: "So I see you have the Wii U promo stuff out already."

GS guy says to me with a straight face and a dead serious tone:

"Yeah, I'm still not convinced it's coming out this fall though. I'm thinking more like somewhere between December to March."

Me: "No, actually Nintendo has said a million times it's being released this fall."

GS guy: "I don't think so."

Me: "So you guys are putting out promo stuff for a system that may not release until March
2013?"

GS guy (nods uncomfortably): "Weirder things have happened."

Me: "OK. Do I need to sign for this pre-order slip?"

GS guy: "Nope."

Me (trying not to laugh): "See ya."

2f707c2b.jpg

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Wasn't it confirmed?

And yeah, until P-100 gets an official name it won't be released at launch.

Dartastic

Ugh I need Nintendo Direct SO BAD. SO BAD. Seriously. There isn't really much coming out this fall that I'm interested in outside the WiiU titles. Halo 4 and Resident Evil 6 are basically it. I feel like I should be missing some things there, but.. I don't think I am. UGH. GIVE ME MARIO AND RAYMAN.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Fargo, ND. As I said yesterday our GS in the mall didn't have them set up so today I stopped at our other GameStop store and snapped this pic, it's spreading:

Edit: So while I was there I preordered NSMB2 and had the following conversation:

Me: "So I see you have the Wii U promo stuff out already."

GS guy says to me with a straight face and a dead serious tone:

"Yeah, I'm still not convinced it's coming out this fall though. I'm thinking more like somewhere between December to March."

Me: "No, actually Nintendo has said a million times it's being released this fall."

GS guy: "I don't think so."

Me: "So you guys are putting out promo stuff for a system that may not release until March
2013?"

GS guy (nods uncomfortably): "Weirder things have happened."

Me: "OK. Do I need to sign for this pre-order slip?"

GS guy: "Nope."

Me (trying not to laugh): "See ya."

I wish I was cool like you

Ugh I need Nintendo Direct SO BAD. SO BAD. Seriously. There isn't really much coming out this fall that I'm interested in outside the WiiU titles. Halo 4 and Resident Evil 6 are basically it. I feel like I should be missing some things there, but.. I don't think I am. UGH. GIVE ME MARIO AND RAYMAN.

August 22. (90% sure)

If Wii U launches in October with P-100 I'll be there Day 1. Wii U + Project P-100 + NintendoLand + Wii U Pro Cont. will be so gooood. But if it's out in December I'll have to wait it out.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Sarcasm or you're seriously glad I called the guy out on his stupidity? :p

What stupidity? He doesn't think the system will come out this year, so what? There is nothing saying that it is absolutely coming out this year, and Nintendo hasn't even set an official date.

Top Bottom