• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U marketing materials starting to arrive at retail stores v2.0 (Read the OP)

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
IMPORTANT: The behaviour exhibited in this thread became tiring and, quite frankly, fucking annoying far too long ago. Derailing every Wii U thread into a graphical pissing contest does not make for interesting discussion. Take it to GameFAQs or somewhere equally repulsive.

So here's what we're going to do. In this thread we're going to talk about Wii U marketing material showing up at retail, of which is sure to continue. The launch date. Whatever. I don't care, as long as it is relevant to these points.

What we're not going to do is compare the Wii U to the XboxWhatever and PlayStation 4. Not the launch, not the hardware, not the software, not anything unless it's specifically on topic (EG: Microsoft and Nintendo combine marketing material in joint marketing alliance, hell freezes over, etc). Bans for all those who insist on comparing Pikmin to Watch Dogs and assuring us all the Wii U can push one billion trillion GFLOPs bla bla bla. Shut up and enjoy the thread.

Original Op:

BREAKING NEWS ANOTHER PIC

XhqQC.jpg

gXwQ2.jpg

---

:O

bjs8r.png

Drago

I don't know what color I want...

I like the black system better and will look perfect in my black tv stand but I like the white controllers better and it's what I'll be seeing most of the time

Help me decide GAF

Phazon

The fact that it shows a black Wii U is really cool. Day one for me if there's a black Wii U.

Was Wii Sports also advertised in Wii promotion material? Because if it wasn't, maybe Nintendo Land really is a seperate title.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Excuse me garçon, I got a Wii U in my Wario64 soup.

Penguin

It makes me sad Ninja Gaiden 3 is being advertised. I hope Nintendo isn't paying for this.

Nintendo is publishing.
And i guess it shows variety in their line-up

Do you think the marketing material suggests the 3 games Nintendo will have at launch with the console?

Then Pikmin/LEGO City/Project P-100 will come out after

7threst

I don't know what color I want...

I like the black system better and will look perfect in my black tv stand but I like the white controllers better and it's what I'll be seeing most of the time

Help me decide GAF

Buy a separate white controller with your WiiU

I posted this in the Wii U Speculation thread, but I would like Nintendo to go for an Apple-esque marketing of their console box.

Just a shot of the console (no word of "Wii U" on the front) with the controller in front of it, with the Wii U and Nintendo logo on the side. Maybe a hint that Nintendo Land is packaged in as well (if it is), and some sort of marking for Nintendo Network like iCloud is on the iPad box.

NFreak

I will be very disappointed if Nintendo Land is a stand-alone game. Hopefully if it is, the price will be reflected in the system's price as well so we don't have to pay extra like we did when the Wii came out with Wii Sports.

Jaruru

THANK YOU for a clean thread...
ppl went way over. I would like to see more promo materials in fact. hopefully some surprises come along. or unannounced games...

DynamicG

So what kind of commercials are we all expecting?

I'm hoping for something out of left field, but I'm honestly not sure what to expect. I want some 1990's Nintendo style commercials that totally bring the random.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I'm so glad they are showing off the black console in these ads, it looks so much better.

Kacho

Gold Member
Thanks for laying down the law, EC.

The marketing stuff arriving so early is exciting. I expect an October launch and I also expect the hype for the new console to kick into gear very soon.

Fun times.

What I'd like to know is what's on the other side of those cubes, from what's visible:

Ninja Gaiden 3
NintendoLand
Mario Bros U

dacuk

I thought NintendoLand was going to be the pack-in game for WiiU.
Guys, do you think they will release the WiiU without a bundled game?

I'm just excited that black is confirmed for launch. At least in Europe as these photos seem to be of. Wouldn't be surprised if NoA fucked us over and only had white.

Marketing materials still make it look like a controller.
So freggin true.
Hey, Nintendo, what's that hiding behind the controller?
Oh, that's nothing. Pay no attention to that.

And Nintendoland still may be a pack-in. They can still advertise it separately. It's not like it's free really.

JoeInky

So what kind of commercials are we all expecting?

I'm hoping for something out of left field, but I'm honestly not sure what to expect. I want some 1990's Nintendo style commercials that totally bring the random.

Honestly have no idea about what to expect for the advertising, I don't think it's going to be as weird as the "wii would like to play" ads but I don't think it's going to be as sterile as the current 3DS ads.

DynamicG

I thought NintendoLand was going to be the pack-in game for WiiU.
Guys, do you think they will release the WiiU without a bundled game?

I think this is being slept on. Do these early marketing images indicate that Nland will be a retail title?

test_account

XP-39C²
It makes me sad Ninja Gaiden 3 is being advertised. I hope Nintendo isn't paying for this.
Nintendo is publishing it, so i would think that they take care of everything. This is just a box though, doesnt really cost much money to show a Ninja Gaiden 3 logo on one side.

Drago

Buy a separate white controller with your WiiU
The gamepad controllers are being sold separate?

I may just go with two GamePads and two GamePad Pros, with a black and white for each. I'll get the black system.

Alrighty! Thanks for the input

Hobohodo

In Gamestation (UK) we've had some Wii U POS up for a while now, not that it says much apart from 'register your interest'. Wish we had started taking preorders.

Top Bottom